Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/7/2017 10:31:56 PM EDT
I finally found an M&P 2.0 at a LGS, and was surprised at just how aggressive  the grip texture is.

Has anyone used fine sandpaper to tone the texture down a little bit?
Link Posted: 4/7/2017 10:38:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Yes I did.

Use fine sand paper and go slowly taking a little at a time then trying again till you get it right. The grip will also smooth out on its own in about 1000 rounds of shooting. Your choice.
Link Posted: 4/8/2017 1:02:52 AM EDT
[#2]
Just shoot it. My 2.0 is only about two weeks old but the texture it starting to soften the more I shoot it.
Link Posted: 4/8/2017 7:41:16 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Yes I did.

Use fine sand paper and go slowly taking a little at a time then trying again till you get it right. The grip will also smooth out on its own in about 1000 rounds of shooting. Your choice.
View Quote
I dont have a 2.0, but I am relaying what I heard.

I dont think it smooths out, the tiny grooves fill in with skin.
Link Posted: 4/8/2017 10:24:32 AM EDT
[#4]
It's really just the backstrap.  I haven't bought one yet, but when I do I will get used to it.

I see it's been getting lots of positive reviews.  I have a M&P 45 that is great, but I also had an M&P9 that was a lemon where S&W gave me the purchase price of the gun back.  That made me shy away from the M&P9, but I'm really interested in the M2.0.

I thought the trigger was interesting.  It is lighter than the version 1, but the break seems to be "longer", sort of like a glock trigger.  I think the trigger is better than a stock glock trigger, although the glock reset is more pronounced.

I saw one at a local field and stream, and they were charging $600 which is the MSRP.   That's crazy.
Link Posted: 4/8/2017 12:56:06 PM EDT
[#5]
The local gun store in my area are $499.00 Salina Kansas, I picked one up black 4.25 with safety.

If you live near Fort Wayne IN. They are selling for $439.00 with a 7% sales tax. 5inch FDE version of M 2.0 4.25 M 2.0 with and without safety.
Link Posted: 4/8/2017 6:59:59 PM EDT
[#6]
Not yet, picked up a M&P 9 2.0 last weekend and put 170 rounds through it yesterday, the grip texture isn't an issue, at least from a shooting perspective.  It kept the gun locked in place.

The medium backstrap is the winner for me, it's almost as good a fit as a BHP. 

Paid $534 at the local range.
Link Posted: 4/9/2017 3:31:27 PM EDT
[#7]
Field and stream is the only place I've seen it around here.  I'll check out some LGS'S on the way home from work to see if any have it yet.  I'm leaning towards the 4.25" barrel no safety version.

For those who have one, what do you think about its accuracy?
Link Posted: 4/9/2017 5:19:48 PM EDT
[#8]
I picked mine up on Tuesday and fired 250 rounds and found it to shoot very well. Zero problems and groups well for me. The grip texture is aggressive but feels good shooting, the only problem I had were conceal carrying the gun the inside of the grip rubbed my side raw in a couple hours.

Ended up sanding some off the grip to let me carry it IWB. Now its not a problem, also moved IWB holster from 4 o'clock to 5  o'clock position till my skin heals some.

Link Posted: 4/16/2017 2:20:50 PM EDT
[#9]
I really like the texture, it keeps it in place.
Link Posted: 4/16/2017 5:21:41 PM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
only problem I had were conceal carrying the gun the inside of the grip rubbed my side raw in a couple hours.

http://i656.photobucket.com/albums/uu290/rgerh913/Posted/IMG_0006%202.jpg
View Quote
Carried mine for the first time yesterday and yea. The grip is excellent for shooting NOT for carying. I don't want to sand it so I'm going to see what I can come up with. An undershirt would work but I don't wear them. If I put anything around it to cover it then you loose the grip. I think they should have had the 2.0 grip texture on the front and back straps and kept the original on the sides.
Link Posted: 4/16/2017 5:44:39 PM EDT
[#11]
I plan on getting a 2.0 soon..been fondling one at the LGS... I really like the aggressive grip... being a OWB guy, the thing I like is no beaver tail... I had to sand down the tail on my M&P 9 just so it wouldn't cut into me... looking forward to getting and carrying the 2.0...
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 2:29:37 PM EDT
[#12]
I'm going to give this a go for a little bit and see how it goes. Feels good for CCW but don't have the grip texture anymore. It does slip off and on fairly easily though and the grip underneath keeps it in place.

Bicycle inner tube
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top