Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/20/2017 10:58:13 PM EDT
I'm wanting and AIWB holster for a 4.25"- standard M&P pistol. Several popular AIWB makers don't seem to have much available for the M&P......Suggestions?
Link Posted: 3/20/2017 11:27:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Which popular makers don't make an m&p aiwb holster? Do you want leather, kydex, hybrid?
Link Posted: 3/21/2017 8:31:09 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Which popular makers don't make an m&p aiwb holster? Do you want leather, kydex, hybrid?
View Quote
Kydex. I had originally looked at two or three makers that are normally recommended for an AIWB rig and they only had listing for micro guns or Glocks of every variety.....Not much for a standard M&P. I looked a little more last evening and found a couple of rigs that I think will work.
Link Posted: 3/21/2017 10:42:25 AM EDT
[#3]
Add Dark Star Gear & JM Custom Kydex to your list. Not all AIWB holsters are created equal.
Link Posted: 3/21/2017 12:09:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Add Dark Star Gear & JM Custom Kydex to your list. Not all AIWB holsters are created equal.
View Quote
That was one of the issues I had. I had no interest in buying from a company that doesn't essentially specialize in AIWB holsters. Lots of companies make holsters they claim are AIWB holsters but if you look at them they are just reworked shit from their regular lineup with no real design consideration for the nature of AIWB....
Link Posted: 3/21/2017 4:10:18 PM EDT
[#5]
I just bought a AIWB kydex holster from Stealth Gear USA. They said it's a 3 week turnaround but all the reviews I've researched have said it's the most comfortable.
Link Posted: 3/21/2017 4:37:58 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I just bought a AIWB kydex holster from Stealth Gear USA. They said it's a 3 week turnaround but all the reviews I've researched have said it's the most comfortable.
View Quote
Looking at them. Website loads like shit but we'll see.
Link Posted: 3/21/2017 9:41:41 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I wasn't too impressed either but it looks like they redesigned it over the weekend.
Link Posted: 3/21/2017 11:22:40 PM EDT
[#8]
I use a Raptor from Trex Arms for my FS threaded M&P9. It works quite well.
Link Posted: 3/22/2017 10:03:07 PM EDT
[#9]
Trex Raptor

I have the light bearing version and it works quite well for me.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 9:24:15 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Trex Raptor

I have the light bearing version and it works quite well for me.
View Quote
Thanks guys. I really like that Raptor. I have spec'd one out... What is their delivery time like? Website says 4-8 weeks, that seems like a long time though I guess not so much in the custom Kydex business....
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 12:22:13 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Thanks guys. I really like that Raptor. I have spec'd one out... What is their delivery time like? Website says 4-8 weeks, that seems like a long time though I guess not so much in the custom Kydex business....
View Quote
I purchased the Raptor/APL combo a little under a year ago.  If memory serves (which it usually doesn't) it took less than two weeks to get.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 2:43:42 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I purchased the Raptor/APL combo a little under a year ago.  If memory serves (which it usually doesn't) it took less than two weeks to get.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I ordered mine earlier this year and it took right at 5 weeks or so.
Link Posted: 4/1/2017 11:52:56 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote
3 weeks and running for me.
Link Posted: 4/6/2017 9:42:04 PM EDT
[#14]
I've been using a Raven Vanguard 2 for about two years now and am very happy with it.

I wear a shirt and tie daily for work and it conceals well.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top