Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/10/2017 7:28:54 PM EDT
As the title says. Did Smith address the issue?
Link Posted: 3/11/2017 7:10:44 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/11/2017 10:39:33 PM EDT
[#2]
I hope so, I just put a M2.0 on layaway.   But, from what I read, there have been ""some"" issues with accuracy with older M&P9's- I mostly know with the 9 compact.  I had one and I had some accuracy issues with it.  Not sure about the full size.
Link Posted: 3/11/2017 10:52:32 PM EDT
[#3]
They fixed the lockup issues in 2012 on the M1, then changed the twist in 2014. I have no idea what the accuracy of the M2 is, but the first edition definitely got fixed.
Link Posted: 3/15/2017 2:05:55 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
What accuracy issue?  My 2013 made 1.0 is as accurate as any other pistol I've owned and I've owned all the major manufacturers over the years.
View Quote

You got a good one, but you must have your head in the sand if you haven't heard of the widespread M&P9 accuracy issues.  I shoot a 1.0 M&P40 like a laser, but my 1.0 FS patterned like a shotgun compared to the .40, or my new 5" 2.0 9mm.  Sent it back to S&W and they replaced the barrel.  It's much better, but still not as good as my 2.0.
Link Posted: 3/15/2017 2:09:54 PM EDT
[#5]
Never had an issue with accuracy with my wife's. But also she has a pro series long slide.
Link Posted: 3/15/2017 2:50:23 PM EDT
[#6]
According to the internet my 2008 full size 9 should be virtually unusable.  Stock everything including the trigger.  

It's been 100%.  Never a hiccup, puts bullets where they need to go as long as I do my part.

On a good day 5% of the internet might be true.
Link Posted: 3/15/2017 3:03:41 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
According to the internet my 2008 full size 9 should be virtually unusable.  Stock everything including the trigger.  
It's been 100%.  Never a hiccup, puts bullets where they need to go as long as I do my part.
On a good day 5% of the internet might be true.
View Quote

Nobody said that every gun had issues, but many did, mine included.
It's a known issue, and S&W's first fix is a barrel replacement...
Link Posted: 3/15/2017 3:09:43 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 3/15/2017 3:47:01 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I'm still waiting to hear on the 2.0s. I have several friends who are acquiring them.
View Quote

Mine works.  Bottom groups are first shots with the gun out of the box.  Top groups were next. 7 shots each.

Link Posted: 3/15/2017 3:52:26 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 3/22/2017 3:05:52 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Mine works.  Bottom groups are first shots with the gun out of the box.  Top groups were next. 7 shots each.

http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff206/devtucker/IMG_20170203_123015260.jpg
View Quote
How is the rifling in your 2.0? I have seen complaints that the rifling in the M&Ps in resent years has been shallower. There is a guy on another forum that showed pictures of a shot out M&P barrel with around 8K rounds through it.
Link Posted: 3/22/2017 7:44:44 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

How is the rifling in your 2.0? I have seen complaints that the rifling in the M&Ps in resent years has been shallower. There is a guy on another forum that showed pictures of a shot out M&P barrel with around 8K rounds through it.
View Quote
It's nice and sharp, but I haven't measured it or compared it to my original barrel that closely.
Link Posted: 3/22/2017 12:59:47 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

It's nice and sharp, but I haven't measured it or compared it to my original barrel that closely.
View Quote
Excellent. I just picked my 2.0 5" up this morning. The rifling is sharp in mine as well. I was reading about the rifling issues last night and was starting to worry. I haven't shot it yet, going to do that later on but it seems like everything is as it should be. After I shoot it I am going to order some sights for it. Trying to decide between the Heine Straght 8s or the Wilson combat battle sights.
Link Posted: 3/22/2017 1:03:58 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Excellent. I just picked my 2.0 5" up this morning. The rifling is sharp in mine as well. I was reading about the rifling issues last night and was starting to worry. I haven't shot it yet, going to do that later on but it seems like everything is as it should be. After I shoot it I am going to order some sights for it. Trying to decide between the Heine Straght 8s or the Wilson combat battle sights.
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/73787/IMG-1738-171453.jpg
View Quote
Sweet, already got the frame plugs in I see.

If you do manage to shoot out a barrel and the accuracy goes to pot, send it to S&W for a new (likely free) barrel, or replace it with OEM for under $100.  Or go aftermarket for more $...
Link Posted: 3/22/2017 1:24:04 PM EDT
[#15]
Yeah the gunsmith at the shop had some. I hated the safety. It messed with my grip too much. With those gone and the small backstrap this thing feels great.

If I change the barrel I will probably go aftermarket. The aftermarket barrels look so bland next to the options for the Glock though.
Link Posted: 3/22/2017 5:14:08 PM EDT
[#16]
15yrds very first magazine 17rnds 147gr +P Fed Bonded HST JHP.  

Shot a total of 500rnds total today. A mix of 124gr Win NATO FMJ and Fed 147gr +P Bonded HST (what I carry). Very pleased with the performance. The trigger took some getting use to coming from a Glock. Not sure if I want to put an Apex trigger in it yet.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top