Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/10/2017 5:52:25 PM EDT
Removed the manual safety off my M2.0 today.  Shout out to S&W for sending me frame plugs for free.  Heres some before and after.

Link Posted: 3/10/2017 7:46:44 PM EDT
[#1]
nice

They need to quit jacking around and release the core version so i can finally own an M&P
Link Posted: 3/10/2017 9:19:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 3/11/2017 12:46:07 AM EDT
[#3]
That looks great.  I want one of the 2.0's really bad.
Link Posted: 3/11/2017 8:23:30 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I bought my 2.0 FDE 5 incher because it has a manual safety.
View Quote
Same here.
Link Posted: 3/11/2017 9:18:34 PM EDT
[#5]
I want a 2.0 compact
Link Posted: 3/11/2017 10:27:06 PM EDT
[#6]
 What a travesty to take a manual safety off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh the blasphemy, I can't bear to look at it............................................ I like the manual safety versions My other S and F pistols have manual safeties.

So, if you are thinking of getting rid of that safety, I will take it off your hands.
Link Posted: 3/15/2017 2:03:49 PM EDT
[#7]
The safety was gone within 5 minutes of bringing it home.  Finally got my frame plugs last week.
After years of shooting non-safety M&P's, including matches, I choke up too far on the gun and the M&P safety is all up in my way.
Link Posted: 3/15/2017 2:15:50 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
The safety was gone within 5 minutes of bringing it home.  Finally got my frame plugs last week.
After years of shooting non-safety M&P's, including matches, I choke up too far on the gun and the M&P safety is all up in my way.
View Quote

Yeah I can get a much better grip on the gun now since the safety is gone.  Haven't shot it since the safety came off, but I imagine it will improve my shooting.
Link Posted: 3/22/2017 12:50:34 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Yeah I can get a much better grip on the gun now since the safety is gone.  Haven't shot it since the safety came off, but I imagine it will improve my shooting.
View Quote
Haven't tried removing mine but the plugs came in today. Can't find a good video.
Link Posted: 3/22/2017 7:43:20 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Haven't tried removing mine but the plugs came in today. Can't find a good video.
View Quote
Drive out the rear pin, and remove the sear housing.  You should be able to do it without removing the trigger/locking block.
The safety, safety detent and spring come right off, then put the plugs in the frame and re-insert the rear block, making sure the trigger bar goes back where it should.
Link Posted: 3/22/2017 10:16:46 PM EDT
[#11]
I have a fde 5" 2.0 being delivered tomorrow, and I also have a fde 45c with safety, so I called S&W to get two sets of safety plugs.
guy at Smith told me that the plugs were only for M&Ps, not M&P 2.0s, so he would only send me one set. so of course, the first thing
I`m gonna do is put the plugs in the 9mm (along with an Apex trigger) and then have to call in for another set of plugs.
Every forum I have checked, including Arfcom, sez the plugs will fit, no difference.
Link Posted: 3/22/2017 11:06:54 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I have a fde 5" 2.0 being delivered tomorrow, and I also have a fde 45c with safety, so I called S&W to get two sets of safety plugs.
guy at Smith told me that the plugs were only for M&Ps, not M&P 2.0s, so he would only send me one set. so of course, the first thing
I`m gonna do is put the plugs in the 9mm (along with an Apex trigger) and then have to call in for another set of plugs.
Every forum I have checked, including Arfcom, sez the plugs will fit, no difference.
View Quote
This is the dumb stuff I don't understand when you call customer service. I will dig out the package mine came in but from what I understand there are only two part numbers for those plugs. One for FDE and one for BLK. So it is obvious they are the same part across the board. A little common sense in customer service goes a long way.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 9:37:51 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
This is the dumb stuff I don't understand when you call customer service.
View Quote
There's the issue.  I've found the email customer support much more knowledgeable and helpful, even if it takes an extra day to get a response.
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 8:29:24 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

There's the issue.  I've found the email customer support much more knowledgeable and helpful, even if it takes an extra day to get a response.
View Quote
Very true.  I sent an email to S&W CS and had no problems.
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 9:27:36 PM EDT
[#15]
Well I tired for two days to let the safety grow on me but I couldn't. I ended up removing them and putting the plugs back in. My sights should be here tomorrow and I ordered a no profile LCI block from Apex Tactical to get rid of the annoying LCI too. I picked up some Vickers base plates yesterday I like them a lot. I use the Vickers base plates on my Glocks so these feel right to me. I wish there was a slightly larger mag release and slide lock. Not Comp size but something mild like the parts made for the Glock by Tango Down.

The Tango Down mag release and slide lock for the Glock. I wish they made a version of these for the M&P.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top