Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/20/2017 4:59:13 PM EDT
Picked this gun up the other day and found that the 7-round mag, when loaded to capacity, requires significant pressure to lock into the gun.  Also when loaded to capacity, there are 1 (and occasionally, 2) failures to feed in each mag.  I had this same issue with another gun - capacity is 14, shoots great with 13).  The Shield runs like a top with 6 in the 7-rounder.

Just wondering if this is a common problem with the 7-round mag in the .45 Shield.
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 1:06:13 AM EDT
[#1]
I've had no problem with my 7rd .45 shield mag. Not a performance center gun
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 10:21:20 PM EDT
[#2]
My Shield 45 runs like a champ.  Love it.
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 12:40:09 AM EDT
[#3]
I would suggest load them up with some 230 grain and let them sit for awhile. Sounds like stiff springs in the magazine which, is not a bad thing but can make a fully loaded mag. hard to seat. Also, shoot your pistol with the mag. fully loaded and plus one. The pressure from the fully loaded mag. can cause the slide speed to be out of sync and create a malfunction. This does usually work itself out once the whole pistol, mag. breaks in a bit.

How does that Shield 45 PC shoot?
Link Posted: 3/2/2017 2:25:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Are you loading it with the slide closed?

No issues with my shield 45.
Link Posted: 3/3/2017 9:05:48 PM EDT
[#5]
I have 4 - 7 round mags for my Shield 45. They all work fine with 7 rounds in them when loading the Shield with a round in the chamber.
Link Posted: 3/4/2017 7:58:39 PM EDT
[#6]
How do you like shooting the performance 45? Is it manageable?
Link Posted: 3/4/2017 9:40:21 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
How do you like shooting the performance 45? Is it manageable?
View Quote
I've only put 350-400 rounds through mine but find it very controllable.  Decent trigger, manageable recoil and pretty accurate
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top