Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/3/2017 8:54:10 PM EDT
M&P 2.0 9mm vs. M&P 9mm

This is not a range test as I have too many irons in the fire currently, but thought I'd post some complimentary pictures of the notable differences of the current M&P 9mm (2015 mfr date) and the new M2.0.  

Trigger feels vastly improved in terms of break and audible reset, but the 2015 M&P is no slouch either.  Given the price differences new to new, I'd say the M&P M2.0 is a winner.  The texture is similar to the RTF 2 Glock but doesn't feel as invasive in the hand.  The grip inserts fit both which is a plus.  Rifling in the barrels seem similar but the feed ramps are different.  The forward serrations bite nicely, but aren't overly sharp.  

If you're on the fence, I'd say jump.  I'm an early adopter with no real data between the two, but thought you'd enjoy the pics.   Cheers, and God bless.  

KHolm

Side by side (L)

Side by side (R)

Slide to slide

M2.0 vs M&P sights/slides

M2.0 Grip texture vs M&P 9 (feels oh so goooood)

M2.0 Grip texture closeup

Mag wells and addition of lanyard loop

M2.0 front cocking serrations

M2.0 updated slide release with detent to prevent mag insertions from releasing slide

M2.0 trigger over-travel stop and steel mag release

Lower frame comparison

M2.0 vs M&P barrels and RSA's

Barrels (notice smaller opening on M2.0)

Chassis internals

Upper slide profiles

M2.0 lower on M&P upper

M2.0 upper no go on M&P lower

Ejection port openings

Feed ramps

And that's all I have to say about that...
Link Posted: 2/3/2017 9:02:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Radical.
Link Posted: 2/3/2017 9:52:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for this.
Link Posted: 2/3/2017 10:40:18 PM EDT
[#3]
I was in a gunshop on MLK day when one just came in. FDE. I really liked the texture.  I would have brought it home except for my 4473 being delayed.
Link Posted: 2/4/2017 11:16:25 AM EDT
[#4]
Will the barrel from 2.0 fit the OG?
Link Posted: 2/4/2017 1:36:28 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Will the barrel from 2.0 fit the OG?
View Quote

That's affirmative.
Link Posted: 2/7/2017 1:02:39 PM EDT
[#6]
Will it chamber a round? Does it lock up tighter? Hmmmm
Link Posted: 2/7/2017 8:21:48 PM EDT
[#7]
I sat through a S&W M&P Armorer school today.  After it was over, we got to go out and shoot the new M&P 2.0.  He had 2 (both in .40 cal), 1 with external safety and 1 without.

The trigger was noticeably improved and nicer. Everyone that shot it, their 1st comment was about the better trigger.

I also really liked the factory stippling. Felt good in the hand and a very positive grip for retention.

I was worried about the smaller beaver tail (I grip my guns really high and I run beaver tails on my Glocks too) but honestly I didn't have a problem with the smaller / reduced tail vs the older M&P's.

Overall, I think it was some good improvements.
Link Posted: 2/8/2017 8:59:56 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Will it chamber a round? Does it lock up tighter? Hmmmm
View Quote

Mine does.

Link Posted: 2/8/2017 10:37:01 PM EDT
[#9]
Locked up similar to the OG barrel, and chambered a round no problem.  Chambered & ejected 6 snap caps without issue, but I won't be to the farm to test it out with live ammunition any time soon, unfortunately.
Link Posted: 2/11/2017 4:11:26 PM EDT
[#10]
Thanks for the post.
Link Posted: 2/11/2017 7:15:36 PM EDT
[#11]

I bought an M&P back in 2006 and wasn't that impressed with it. The trigger was meh and at the time there wasn't much aftermarket support for it. I went back to Glock and that is what I have used for the past 11 years now never really giving the M&P guns much thought. Now though I find myself wanting that 5" 2.0 in a bad way after shooting one.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top