Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/21/2017 5:30:29 PM EDT
So, get one or not? I'm seeing them for only $440 on the Interwebz.
Link Posted: 1/21/2017 10:48:44 PM EDT
[#1]
All I can say is that the 2.0 reduces my desire to pick up another used original model.
Link Posted: 1/23/2017 12:23:15 AM EDT
[#2]
I paid $440 for mine and it was well worth it.

I own and have owned numerous 1.0s and I feel the frame texture and slight trigger improvement is worth it on a full size OWB gun.

I haven't shot mine yet but on mine the trigger was definitely lighter and less gritty than my 1.0s. They all eventually smooth out but the 2.0 does have a lighter trigger and was less gritty. I've noticed some barrel changes so I'm hoping for improved accuracy also.

I probably wouldn't take a loss on a 1.0 to pickup the m2.0 but if you're in the market anyways absolutely. I managed to trade a like new 1.0 for a p320c then traded that for a G19 that I sold for $500.
Link Posted: 2/3/2017 2:38:47 PM EDT
[#3]
My posts in another thread:

Got mine yesterday as well, I went for the 5" FDE.  Haven't had a chance to fire it yet, did a lot of dry firing and while the trigger is much improved, my Apex'd out 1.0 was better.

Here are the changes I made as soon as I got home last night:
-Pulled the manual safety out, S&W is sending me some FDE frame plugs for free.  I forgot how much I hate the M&P external safety because of how far I choke up on the gun...
-Swapped out the sear block for one that I had radiused and polished, and I polished the trigger bar ramp where it contacts the sear block. This eliminated all of the grit on the take-up.
-Swapped out a spare Apex FSS trigger that I had.  The trigger stop limited the travel too much, so I thinned up the rear of the Apex trigger on the mill until the sear would break with very little overtravel.  (you need SOME overtravel for reliability)  I kept the factory trigger bar spring, sear and sear spring.

Trigger is now the best I've ever had in a polymer gun.

I also knocked down the texture on the backstraps a tiny bit right in the thumb web and index finger base knuckle area. I like the texture, but it was a little too abrupt in the transition to the frame.
A quick pass with a torch knocked off the fuzz so it all matches.

I'll get some pictures and range results later
View Quote

I like it
Texture is great, trigger is great, M/L backstrap is great.

Here is 15yd with my wrists on the bench.  My old fullsize would print groups 3-4x as big with random fliers beyond that.
Bottom left was first shots with the gun.  Bottom right is Winchester T&D training 147gr, obviously not this gun's favorite.
When I get more time I'll run some more variety through it.  I'm most curious about my HST 147gr.
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/3/2017 2:55:51 PM EDT
[#4]
If you already have a 1st generation M&P I'd say don't. However, if you don't or, you're trying to choose between the two, then definitely go with the M2.0.
Link Posted: 2/3/2017 3:34:50 PM EDT
[#5]
Ifi bought one it would be the FDE 5"

That being said the trigger was still meh and reminded me of why I sold my 1st gen.
Link Posted: 2/3/2017 3:59:16 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Ifi bought one it would be the FDE 5"

That being said the trigger was still meh and reminded me of why I sold my 1st gen.
View Quote

Polishing the trigger bar ramp and the striker block removed 100% of the grit for me.
I just went a step further and modified an Apex FSS trigger to fit.
Link Posted: 2/3/2017 5:56:55 PM EDT
[#7]
On a related note, the LCI on the 5" gun isn't nearly as obtrusive I thought it might be.  If it bothered me i could chop the finger off and it would never pop up, but it only pokes up about 0.020".
Link Posted: 2/4/2017 4:46:04 AM EDT
[#8]
Put my name on the waiting list for a 2.0 5" in FDE. Gonna give the external safety a whirl and see if it needs to go. This is my first M&P, always went for Glock before. But that tan 5" really grabbed me for some reason. Can't wait for the calll.
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 2:17:14 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Put my name on the waiting list for a 2.0 5" in FDE. Gonna give the external safety a whirl and see if it needs to go. This is my first M&P, always went for Glock before. But that tan 5" really grabbed me for some reason. Can't wait for the calll.
View Quote
 Just ordered the 2.0 5" FDE myself. Should be here next week. $459 delivered. Looking forward to getting it in hand.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 11:35:31 PM EDT
[#10]
The FDE 2.0 is definitely a looker.. I love my 1st gen M&P..
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 2:05:35 AM EDT
[#11]
Waiting for my guns hop to call me when a FDE 9mm 5" 2.0 gets in stock. It's a good looking pistol that I hope shoots just as well.
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 2:59:48 AM EDT
[#12]
I sold all my M&P1.0's when they started having all those barrel rifling/locking issues. But I still liked the platform and have been waiting until they got all that kinda stuff sorted out. So I was excited to see a 2.0 at the LGS. When I tried the trigger though it was, meh, pretty much same as my Shield trigger, and I did not like the aggressive stippling. So the excitement just melted away and now I'm apathetic.
Link Posted: 2/28/2017 9:44:59 PM EDT
[#13]
My 2.0 5inch fde came in. All i can say is wow. Love it. Trigger is a little gritty but not near as mushy as the 1.0. Reset could be a little shorter. The grip is awesome. I will be adding a 4.25 and a 5 in black pending how this one pans out after a few K.
Link Posted: 3/1/2017 10:37:25 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
My 2.0 5inch fde came in. All i can say is wow. Love it. Trigger is a little gritty but not near as mushy as the 1.0. Reset could be a little shorter. The grip is awesome. I will be adding a 4.25 and a 5 in black pending how this one pans out after a few K.
View Quote

A little polish on the trigger bar where it hits the striker block will help eliminate a lot of the grit.
A polished radius on the striker block would be even better, or swap in an APEX striker block.
Link Posted: 3/1/2017 10:41:17 AM EDT
[#15]
Looks like a nice upgrade.

Can anyone tell me what the two cutouts are for directly above the rail?
Link Posted: 3/1/2017 10:44:18 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Looks like a nice upgrade.

Can anyone tell me what the two cutouts are for directly above the rail?
View Quote

To expose the SS liner/stiffener is what I have seen written.

The right side has the SN# on it I believe.
Link Posted: 3/1/2017 7:53:14 PM EDT
[#17]
Will ther be a 5" without a safety? If so, anyone know when?
Link Posted: 3/1/2017 8:04:13 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Will ther be a 5" without a safety? If so, anyone know when?
View Quote

FYI, you can remove the safety in about 5 minutes.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top