Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/20/2017 10:20:03 AM EDT
So I have see a few pics of people swapping the slide from a Gen 1 gun to a 2.0, Pics on a thread below show the internals look similar?
The obvious question here is...(and maybe I missed this in another thread) for those of us interested, will we be able to by 2.0 frames for our 1st gen pistols and swap internals? Is it even possible?
chuck
Link Posted: 1/20/2017 11:01:40 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
So I have see a few pics of people swapping the slide from a Gen 1 gun to a 2.0, Pics on a thread below show the internals look similar?
The obvious question here is...(and maybe I missed this in another thread) for those of us interested, will we be able to by 2.0 frames for our 1st gen pistols and swap internals? Is it even possible?
chuck
View Quote

Not sure, but my initial thought is such an offering from S&W would likely be cost prohibitive since you can buy a complete 2.0 pistol for ~$449. I would probably just sell the 1st gen and buy a new one. YMMV.
Link Posted: 1/20/2017 11:13:45 AM EDT
[#2]
I tried it.  Slides and frames are proprietary unfortunately.
Link Posted: 1/20/2017 11:18:06 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Hmmm........... Interesting because this guy did it about 1/3 of the way down the page.
Thread
chuck
Link Posted: 1/20/2017 11:30:23 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Not sure, but my initial thought is such an offering from S&W would likely be cost prohibitive since you can buy a complete 2.0 pistol for ~$449. I would probably just sell the 1st gen and buy a new one. YMMV.
View Quote

I got you, but I disagree. If Sig can sell the a replacement plastic frame for the P320 for $40 to $50,  I am sure SW could do the same for those of us that would like the Aggressive grip and metal reinforced frame of the 2.0 for our Gen 1 guns we already have. As a consumer I don't have to sell the Guns I have to purchase the newer option. I am all in on a 2.0 at this point, but I don't want to sell guns to get guns that's just silly talk. I would just like to upgrade the ones I have. I see it as additional revenue for SW and not negative revenue for them. In fact, if people are selling their Gen 1's to get Gen 2.0's, That means that people are buying the used Gen 1's on the market at a lower cost and not buying Gen 2.0's. In the end it would seem a zero sum gain, so I don't think it would be a negative to sell frames to those of us with Gen 1's. Heck as a consumer, if I were able to upgrade existing guns to a 2.0 frame that would inspire me to buy the newest version of any system as my next purchase.....JMHO though....
cp
Link Posted: 1/20/2017 12:39:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I got you, but I disagree. If Sig can sell the a replacement plastic frame for the P320 for $40 to $50,  I am sure SW could do the same for those of us that would like the Aggressive grip and metal reinforced frame of the 2.0 for our Gen 1 guns we already have. As a consumer I don't have to sell the Guns I have to purchase the newer option. I am all in on a 2.0 at this point, but I don't want to sell guns to get guns that's just silly talk. I would just like to upgrade the ones I have. I see it as additional revenue for SW and not negative revenue for them. In fact, if people are selling their Gen 1's to get Gen 2.0's, That means that people are buying the used Gen 1's on the market at a lower cost and not buying Gen 2.0's. In the end it would seem a zero sum gain, so I don't think it would be a negative to sell frames to those of us with Gen 1's. Heck as a consumer, if I were able to upgrade existing guns to a 2.0 frame that would inspire me to buy the newest version of any system as my next purchase.....JMHO though....
cp
View Quote

The frame on the Smith is the serial numbered part.  The frame on the SIG is not, it's just a hunk of plastic.  Almost all manufacturers, outside of the AR world, are loath to sell frames.
Link Posted: 1/20/2017 12:48:25 PM EDT
[#6]
^^^

This. I think you're asking for something that doesn't really align with what most of the industry is doing. Sounds like Sig is your best bet.
Link Posted: 1/20/2017 1:02:41 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Hmmm........... Interesting because this guy did it about 1/3 of the way down the page.
Thread
chuck
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thread
chuck

Ok, they fit but will not function properly.

OG frame/M2 slide will not hold slide open.  M2 frame/OG slide holds the slide open on occasion when testing reset function of trigger.

It may fire but is not 100% compatible.  YMMV
Link Posted: 1/20/2017 6:48:13 PM EDT
[#8]
To me the slide looks almost identical inside except for the slide release cut is different. I think the barrel locks up differently so I doubt it will work.
Link Posted: 1/20/2017 10:01:23 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

OG frame/M2 slide will not hold slide open.  M2 frame/OG slide holds the slide open on occasion when testing reset function of trigger.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thread
chuck

It fits and fires...  I didn't click on the link but I would bet it is the photo I posted.    The only issue is the slide lock will not work on 1.0 frame and 2.0 slide.   The 1.0 slide and 2.0 frame only marginally works as far as slide stop.  

As far as internals I was looking at it and I haven't pulled it down to see but it looks very similar in build with just a bit of difference in the moving parts.

I also switched barrels within platforms and didn't have any issues.   The barrel in my pro isn't a stock barrel though.
Link Posted: 1/21/2017 10:01:58 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

The frame on the Smith is the serial numbered part.  The frame on the SIG is not, it's just a hunk of plastic.  Almost all manufacturers, outside of the AR world, are loath to sell frames.
View Quote

Ahhhhh,  Touche' my friend..... Ever have one of those "duh" moments?  
Good point.

Well Hopefully they will make the Backstraps available and they fit at the very least.

cp
Link Posted: 2/3/2017 2:36:29 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Well Hopefully they will make the Backstraps available and they fit at the very least.
cp
View Quote

Backstraps do interchange
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top