Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/12/2017 5:48:00 PM EDT
Saw this on Facebook a few days ago, realized no one posted it yet. They are selling the performance center ported slides and barrels with the back strap kit on their website.

The 9mm kit goes for $419.

https://www.smith-wesson.com/firearms/performance-center-ported-slide-kits-mp-9-2

Also, rmr's are fun
Link Posted: 1/12/2017 8:38:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Seems like, for the price of that, and the cost of the ported barrel to go with, and the trigger (assuming an older M&P9) you could have just bought a new ported CORE 9.
Link Posted: 1/12/2017 10:11:35 PM EDT
[#2]
I like it! Thanks for posting this
Link Posted: 1/12/2017 10:21:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Seems like, for the price of that, and the cost of the ported barrel to go with, and the trigger (assuming an older M&P9) you could have just bought a new ported CORE 9.
View Quote

yea, I know. Just wanted to share the news.

I got my PC with an extra threaded barrel, kydex holster, 3mags and rmr @ $800
Wife bought it for me too
Link Posted: 1/12/2017 10:33:52 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote

Actually....no.

Ther best price on the CORE are running about $590. $165 for an Apex, Whatever for sights.

About $850

If you already have a FS frame.....this slide with backstraps, may be a good deal.

I almost wouldn't mind having a 4.25 CORE slide....
Link Posted: 1/13/2017 1:20:31 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Actually....no.

Ther best price on the CORE are running about $590. $165 for an Apex, Whatever for sights.

About $850

If you already have a FS frame.....this slide with backstraps, may be a good deal.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Actually....no.

About $850

If you already have a FS frame, you get nothing from this slide, except for the optics mount, which I admit may be all you really care about.  BUT at that, you are now out the cost of the stock M&P 9 ($450) and the cost of the slide kit ($420), so you're right back up at an $870 gun.

What I was getting at is that you can buy a ported CORE 9, with the PC trigger and ported barrel already installed for about $600 more or less.
To take a stock FS M&P9 and get it to that level, you would need the M&P9 frame, the ported CORE slide, a ported barrel and a better trigger.

Of course, if you are only interested in having the optics mount for a standard M&P 9, then yeah, you can buy the slide.  But even at that, I'd sell my M&P 9L and put that money towards a ported CORE 9 anyway. (*and actually, now that you have me thinking about it, I may well just do that next week... or look at upgrading to the new 2.0 M&Ps).
Link Posted: 1/15/2017 10:47:28 AM EDT
[#6]
I have been looking at these slides as well, but can't find any dealers with them in stock.
Link Posted: 2/9/2017 1:49:04 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

If you already have a FS frame, you get nothing from this slide, except for the optics mount, which I admit may be all you really care about.  BUT at that, you are now out the cost of the stock M&P 9 ($450) and the cost of the slide kit ($420), so you're right back up at an $870 gun.

What I was getting at is that you can buy a ported CORE 9, with the PC trigger and ported barrel already installed for about $600 more or less.
To take a stock FS M&P9 and get it to that level, you would need the M&P9 frame, the ported CORE slide, a ported barrel and a better trigger.

Of course, if you are only interested in having the optics mount for a standard M&P 9, then yeah, you can buy the slide.  But even at that, I'd sell my M&P 9L and put that money towards a ported CORE 9 anyway. (*and actually, now that you have me thinking about it, I may well just do that next week... or look at upgrading to the new 2.0 M&Ps).
View Quote

You do realize this is a slide and ported barrel and 3 palm grip "KIT" right not just the slide by itself. There would be no point in them selling a ported slide without the ported barrel and its a "KIT" not just ported barrel. under specs Barrel Material: Stainless Steel - Armornite® Finish
Link Posted: 2/9/2017 8:11:38 AM EDT
[#8]
There was a non-ported pro core 4.25" slide, barrel, spring and all mount plates on Ebay, ended yesterday at $250.  I was tempted.
Link Posted: 2/9/2017 3:00:46 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

You do realize this is a slide and ported barrel and 3 palm grip "KIT" right not just the slide by itself. There would be no point in them selling a ported slide without the ported barrel and its a "KIT" not just ported barrel. under specs Barrel Material: Stainless Steel - Armornite® Finish
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Actually, no.  I thought initially it was just the slide and straps.  However, that doesn't change the math.

M&P 9 4.25" = $450 (plus s/h and tax and transfer fees unless you buy from a brick and mortar)
Slide kit = $419 MSRP, since no one seems to list them yet, lets assume $400 retail
PC Trigger = $120 for the S&W PC Trigger job
 Or Apex trigger = $85 more or less
      Labor = $100?? (no idea on labor to install an apex trigger kit)

So you're looking at between $970 (for getting the PC Trigger job) and $1035 by adding in the Apex trigger, OR

M&P 9 4.25 Performance Center (Includes ported slide, barrel, straps and PC Trigger job) = $650 (plus s/h/tax/transfer).  

Anyway, I was just saying that I wouldn't spend roughly $1000 on a pistol I can get NIB for $650, the math just doesn't add up overall.  If you already own a 4.25" M&P9, you're still in for whatever you paid for it initially.
Link Posted: 2/13/2017 3:46:52 PM EDT
[#10]
None of the distributors listed on their site list them instock.  These are Core cut correct?

I've got my dealer looking into a 4.25 slide kit.  Have a KKM barrel and carver comp already coming.

I've got the 5" Pro Core and a 5" Performance Center Ported Core. The performance center has a slightly better trigger but it's not even close to the Apex FFFS.  The 2.0 has a better trigger than the PC.

I prefer swapping the slides to the APEX frame.
Link Posted: 2/13/2017 5:30:49 PM EDT
[#11]
$313 dealer cost.
Link Posted: 3/22/2017 11:12:29 PM EDT
[#12]
Any ideas on when these may start showing up in stock?
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 10:19:43 AM EDT
[#13]
I gave up on waiting.  None of the distributors have them.  Found a complete 4.25 core and bought it.
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 8:53:39 PM EDT
[#14]
I ordered a core slide on 3/11. I found 1 place that said they had one in stock. But it was a .40 cal.  It just arrived today. I know the 40 isn't real popular so it's probably why it was available. I will wait for a 9mm so I can have that also. They are trickling in but even S&W said they didn't know when they would be out when I contacted them.  Being in commiefornia I don't have the option of picking up a new core.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top