Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Link Posted: 1/4/2017 9:51:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Agree with below, still wondering with Smith and Wesson will listen.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Agree with below, still wondering with Smith and Wesson will listen.

Quoted:
I literally have ZERO interest in this right now. I didn't see a single 14-15+1 listing..

Smith...listen up... we NEED a g19 sized M&P.

CZ p10c or 320c here i come.

I went looking for a 320c today with no luck but I did find the "carry" model with a threaded barrel and suppressor sights. I'm thinking hard about picking it up on my way home tomorrow.
Link Posted: 1/4/2017 10:10:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

I went looking for a 320c today with no luck but I did find the "carry" model with a threaded barrel and suppressor sights. I'm thinking hard about picking it up on my way home tomorrow.
View Quote

The carry tacops version that includes 4 21 rounds mags and threaded barrel/suppressor sights is very nice.
Link Posted: 1/5/2017 9:40:31 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/5/2017 1:27:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

The carry tacops version that includes 4 21 rounds mags and threaded barrel/suppressor sights is very nice.
View Quote

They didn't mention it having 21 rounds mags with it, I'll have to go back and ask. It was only $629.
Link Posted: 1/6/2017 10:10:47 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm surprised to see that these new M2.0's are selling for $450-500 before they've even hit the streets. Mil/LE pricing must be crazy.

I can't wait to get my hands on an M2.0 to see if the trigger is better than my Pro 4.25" w/ Apex polymer. If it's better, I'll likely jump on a threaded barrel kit with night sights when they're released.
Link Posted: 1/7/2017 1:13:08 AM EDT
[#6]
The only thing I really like is the look of the more aggressive grip and if it really is more accurate. I need all the help I can get.
Link Posted: 1/7/2017 1:40:16 AM EDT
[#7]
Fondled one at the LGS today and was turned off. Absolutely love my 4.25 gen1 9MM but the 2.0 did not seem to offer me anything. The trigger felt similar to how my gen1 feels now after 1,500 rounds and plenty of dry firing. I like the beaver tail frame so that was also a slight negative dropping it in my eyes. But the biggest change is that awful, terrible grip texturing. Totally killed the otherwise excellent ergonomics. Just my .02, maybe I'll warm up to them later.
Link Posted: 1/7/2017 9:34:19 AM EDT
[#8]
so still a pretty shitty trigger?

I will stick with my 3 Ver. 1

I just ordered an Apex kit for the 9c.

I done think I will be getting any of the 2.0
The reasons: Evidently, still a shitty trigger....and  they "fixed" the slide dropping when you convince the mag to go in.

Im out
Link Posted: 1/7/2017 9:58:35 AM EDT
[#9]
...and  they "fixed" the slide dropping...
View Quote

Depending on application this can be a problem. When I was using my M&P in USPSA I found that a downloaded mag (ten is max under Production rules) would routinely cause a nosedive failure to feed if I seated the mag hard enough to get the slide to jump forward.
Link Posted: 1/7/2017 10:20:29 PM EDT
[#10]
Handled one today.  It's a definite improvement over the gen 1 I thought.  Grip felt really positive with the new aggressive grip texture (no way I'd carry it IWB).  The trigger is a lot better, but it still has the hinge design.  If Apex releases a trigger for the M2.0, it would be one of the best striker triggers on the market.
Link Posted: 1/8/2017 10:39:23 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Handled one today.  It's a definite improvement over the gen 1 I thought.  Grip felt really positive with the new aggressive grip texture (no way I'd carry it IWB).  The trigger is a lot better, but it still has the hinge design.  If Apex releases a trigger for the M2.0, it would be one of the best striker triggers on the market.
View Quote

Apex already has the 2.0 trigger ready to ship.......go spend yer money!
Link Posted: 1/8/2017 10:40:45 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Depending on application this can be a problem. When I was using my M&P in USPSA I found that a downloaded mag (ten is max under Production rules) would routinely cause a nosedive failure to feed if I seated the mag hard enough to get the slide to jump forward.
View Quote

Have not had that issue.

I slam a mag in and the slide drops......WINNING!

I really do like my M&Ps......love them with an APEX kit
Link Posted: 1/8/2017 10:48:41 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Agree with below, still wondering when Smith and Wesson will listen.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:
I literally have ZERO interest in this right now. I didn't see a single 14-15+1 listing..

The problem is that their compact is between the 26 and 19
Link Posted: 1/8/2017 11:04:53 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

That is true and I carry the 9c everyday but I still want a slightly larger M&P.
Link Posted: 1/9/2017 12:37:07 AM EDT
[#15]
Handled one Friday  (4-inch, no thumb safety), and this gun has my attention. I was never a fan of the M&P for various reasons (sub-par trigger, the beavertail, lack of front serrations), and they have totally added everything I wanted, and took away what I didn't.

Trigger is outstanding. Better than a stock Glock, not as good as a PPQ. Seems very VP9-ish, but more "crisp".

I'm seriously considering getting one, throwing a Silencerco threaded barrel in it, and calling it good with my Octane 45 attached to it.
Link Posted: 1/9/2017 10:42:12 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Handled one Friday  (4-inch, no thumb safety), and this gun has my attention. I was never a fan of the M&P for various reasons (sub-par trigger, the beavertail, lack of front serrations), and they have totally added everything I wanted, and took away what I didn't.

Trigger is outstanding. Better than a stock Glock, not as good as a PPQ. Seems very VP9-ish, but more "crisp".

I'm seriously considering getting one, throwing a Silencerco threaded barrel in it, and calling it good with my Octane 45 attached to it.
View Quote

I still say throw in an Apex trigger, Apex bbl, spin on the can. profit ( well, not really, but send lead down range in a less loud way)
Link Posted: 1/9/2017 10:21:00 PM EDT
[#17]
Anyone know if they're going to offer the 4.25" barrel version in FDE? Everything I'm seeing only shows the 5" models.
Link Posted: 1/10/2017 11:49:23 PM EDT
[#18]
I really like them.

The grip texture is aggressive without being too coarse. The trigger is acceptable with a more positive reset than those of old. The new backstrap size works perfectly for me. I'm neutral on the slide stop detent.

Don't believe I'd be trading in on one, but it's an improvement all around.
Link Posted: 1/11/2017 6:53:08 PM EDT
[#19]
Anyone know if they are planning on making a tan version of the 4.25 barrel. Love that color and with an apex trigger I can see myself jumping on one of these
Link Posted: 1/11/2017 11:48:06 PM EDT
[#20]
Lots of Apex talk, but isn't the 2.0 trigger supposed to be improved? Is anyone giving it a chance?

I have Apex in an early M&P, but the factory triggers in my more recent purchases have all been fine... or should I say good enough that I haven't been tempted to do a $150 trigger job on a $400 gun.
Link Posted: 1/12/2017 1:21:39 AM EDT
[#21]
Is the new grip texture similar to the CORE backstraps?
Link Posted: 1/12/2017 9:25:55 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 1/12/2017 9:06:00 PM EDT
[#23]
Where is the core model? I'm in the market and don't want to but if this thing is about to drop. I contacted Smith and they wouldn't tell me a damn thing.
Link Posted: 1/12/2017 11:20:21 PM EDT
[#24]
I wish the 5 inch FDE gun came without a thumb safety.  I handled one at Academy, and would have bought it that day without the thumb safety.  I really liked the grip texture.
Link Posted: 1/13/2017 12:04:05 AM EDT
[#25]
Same here. I don't want the thumb safety.
Link Posted: 1/13/2017 1:20:08 AM EDT
[#26]
I was given one.    

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

I like the feel and texture of the gun.  

Trigger is nice out of the box

Reset has a nice audible click and is nice

Nice sights,  front is red fiber and the back is adjustable.  

Mag release appears to be metal on this one.

Dislikes

Safety- Its ok but honestly why?

The slide stop....  Not sure what they were going after but whatever the thing is in front of the slide stop keeps it from dropping when the mag is inserted.  Some people like that some don't.  I am in the don't crowd but I understand why people would.  

Loaded chamber indicator as built on the 5" gun.  Not a fan because thats space that could have been used for the optics mount.  

The internal trigger stuff appears to be slightly different.  I didn't put it on a scale but it has a nice break with a bit of creep.
Link Posted: 1/13/2017 10:11:02 AM EDT
[#27]
Still uses the same mags right?

I might get one to replace the 4.25" I just got rid of because I have a lot of magazines. I think the texture will be great for IDPA/USPSA.  

Have you fired it yet? How is the accuracy?
Link Posted: 1/13/2017 1:09:36 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 1/13/2017 1:11:19 PM EDT
[#29]
I do like the looks of the new model.  One thing concerns me however.  If this is the model they sent in for the military trials why was it disqualified ?  I'm really considering one but would like to know the reason why first.
Link Posted: 1/13/2017 5:00:51 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Still uses the same mags right?

I might get one to replace the 4.25" I just got rid of because I have a lot of magazines. I think the texture will be great for IDPA/USPSA.  

Have you fired it yet? How is the accuracy?
View Quote

I used the mags for my Pro with it last night and didn't bother with the ones that came with it.  Reverse compatible with magazines.  In fact i don't think anything changed there except the mag catch material.  

Not sure on accuracy as I was shooting IDPA with it.   The only time I had a failure with it it was determined that the bullet didn't even have a primer.

I passed it around the safe table last night with some other M&P shooters and the biggest thing everyone liked was the texture.
Link Posted: 1/13/2017 5:52:51 PM EDT
[#31]
Local guy has one coming in on Monday and I'm probably going to pick it up...

I traded my 4.25" 1.0 straight for a like new p320c and now I think I'll replace it with a 2.0.
Link Posted: 1/13/2017 10:49:35 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 1/13/2017 11:37:30 PM EDT
[#33]
Saw this on another site about this pistol. M&P 2.0
http://bearsarms.weebly.com/
Link Posted: 1/14/2017 10:28:16 AM EDT
[#34]
I decided to get back into the 9mm game and bought a 5" FDE with safety (which I wish it did not have) last week. Hadn't reloaded any 9mm in years, so I picked up a bulk pack of Rem UMC 115 grain and a couple of extra S&W magazines.  It shot well (just shooting at plates at various distances), so I don't know about accuracy.  About half the time, though, it would not lock back on an empty magazine.  I don't know if it's too strong a recoil spring for the 5" slide for that ammo or if I was limpwristing it a bit.  I don't have that issue on any other semiautos, including my wife's 9mm XD compact.  I have a noncapture guide rod and a couple of different springs coming to try out. Dug out my 9mm dies and have a couple of boxes of 124 and 147 grain 9mm bullets, so I'll try some different loads to see if that makes a difference.

Finally, I am just not sure about the hinged trigger.  The pull is light enough and fairly clean, but just feels odd to me with the hinge.  I have an Apex trigger coming, too.

Other than that, I love the way it feels.  The different blackstraps make a huge difference in the way it fits the hand. I think I have settled on the ML, but they actually all feel pretty good, even the small - very different, but good.
Link Posted: 1/14/2017 10:47:23 AM EDT
[#35]
What's with all the hatred for the thumb safety?

That is one of the features I like on the 1.0 and something I'm glad to see refined on the 2.0.

The thumb safety provides a bit more security for a pistol that’s carried AIWB or in a duty holster where a gun grab is a concern.

Also, in my experience, the thumb safety models exibit a bit less muzzle rise because the thumb riding on top of the safety provides more leverage. Shooting an M&P with safety and one without I can notice the difference as I can with some other guns like a Glock 17.
Link Posted: 1/14/2017 11:30:29 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
What's with all the hatred for the thumb safety?

That is one of the features I like on the 1.0 and something I'm glad to see refined on the 2.0.

The thumb safety provides a bit more security for a pistol that’s carried AIWB or in a duty holster where a gun grab is a concern.
View Quote

No hate here.  Just not necessary for my intended use, so I wish it didn't have one.  It's not going to be my carry gun, nor am I law enforcement.  For plinking, USPSA/3gun, it's unnecessary.  Not arguing about the benefits for your intended use.
Link Posted: 1/14/2017 11:37:50 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

For plinking, USPSA/3gun, it's unnecessary.  Not arguing about the benefits for your intended use.
View Quote

Perfect for competition. More leverage equals faster splits.
Link Posted: 1/14/2017 11:52:04 AM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 1/14/2017 12:20:55 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
EDC OWB for me, just a suburban dad. That said, there's only one kind of safety I'm interested in.

http://memecrunch.com/meme/1YB8Q/this-is-my-safety-sir/image.jpg
View Quote

Whatever. Shit happens.

But that's a good thing about the M&P. It can be had with or without the safety. And it can be converted back and forth easily enough. At least on the newer versions.
Link Posted: 1/14/2017 12:45:57 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 1/14/2017 1:02:21 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Frankly,  it's 2017. New guns should all include the ability to accept or remove a thumb safety with little fanfair.

Same with optics, all new major handgun releases should be a CORE/MOS type setup.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Whatever. Shit happens.

But that's a good thing about the M&P. It can be had with or without the safety. And it can be converted back and forth easily enough. At least on the newer versions.

Frankly,  it's 2017. New guns should all include the ability to accept or remove a thumb safety with little fanfair.

Same with optics, all new major handgun releases should be a CORE/MOS type setup.

This.

way too much www hyperbole with regard to safeties.

I am curious to see what if any changes are made to the 9c. A lot of people are asking for a G19 size but I'make not one of them.
Link Posted: 1/14/2017 4:40:57 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

...I am curious to see what if any changes are made to the 9c. A lot of people are asking for a G19 size but I'make not one of them.
View Quote

This is from the article recon linked above. I really don't think we're going to see them make one any closer to the size of G19 than this...

Link Posted: 1/14/2017 4:51:40 PM EDT
[#43]
Smith already makes a Glock 19 size handgun call the M&P 45 Compact . I have one and really liked it because it conceals well what is big enough to also shoot easily.

There doesn't seem to be any official word yet on the various compact sizes but I'm hoping the 45 Compact will be one of the guns that gets the 2.0 treatment.
Link Posted: 1/14/2017 5:23:40 PM EDT
[#44]
A FS/5" in FDE would be a nice addition to the family.
Link Posted: 1/14/2017 10:28:20 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
I'm surprised to see that these new M2.0's are selling for $450-500 before they've even hit the streets. Mil/LE pricing must be crazy.

I can't wait to get my hands on an M2.0 to see if the trigger is better than my Pro 4.25" w/ Apex polymer. If it's better, I'll likely jump on a threaded barrel kit with night sights when they're released.
View Quote

Smith and wesson doesnt have a blue label program, contrary to beliefs. That is all glock. smith and wesson just doesn't have mandatory pricing for dealers like Glock does.
Link Posted: 1/14/2017 10:39:48 PM EDT
[#46]
Just a heads up on people about the thumb safety. if you remove it and call smith , they will send the frame plugs. They are sending me out two of them. All it took was a phone call.
Link Posted: 1/15/2017 4:52:33 PM EDT
[#47]
Here's a bit of informal testing. This is my P320 Carry alongside the new 2.0.

I fired five rounds of 124gr Speer Gold Dot +P through both and five rounds of 147gr WWB through both. Bullet holes are marked 320 or MP accordingly. The uptick was the 124 and the = was the 147.

Distance was 25yds. Kneeling with my usual balled up windbreaker for a rest.

Link Posted: 1/15/2017 10:57:00 PM EDT
[#48]
It would appear that the 320 is slightly more accurate, at least in your hands.

I'll try to do a similar test Wednesday but I'll be using junky 115 grain ammo.

My 320c shot it pretty good last week though.
Link Posted: 1/15/2017 11:08:13 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
It would appear that the 320 is slightly more accurate, at least in your hands.
View Quote

Yeah it is looking that way.
Link Posted: 1/15/2017 11:39:51 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Yeah it is looking that way.
View Quote

I will take some pictures this time and see exactly what sort of groups I am getting. I actually traded my 1.0 FS for the 320c and my initial thoughts were that the p320c was more accurate. For some reason my VERY early 9c has been more accurate than both of the full size M&P 9's I have had.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top