Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/31/2002 7:52:16 AM EDT
Clockwise from top right: 4506, 6906, M1917, 686+, 622, and 442 in center.

Link Posted: 3/31/2002 10:35:46 AM EDT
[#1]
Nice looking Ken. Is the 1917 in 45acp?
Link Posted: 3/31/2002 12:28:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Now there`s a wheelgun with a story to tell.........
Link Posted: 3/31/2002 1:54:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 3/31/2002 7:23:43 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:Nice looking Ken. Is the 1917 in 45acp?

Yes, sure is.  From time to time I consider getting rid of it, but since I rarely see many come through here in original condition, I figure I'll regret selling it.

Edited to add another pic:

Link Posted: 4/1/2002 1:13:33 AM EDT
[#5]
My 1917 had the checkered grips and looked one year old! It was the commercial model, and when I took it to the range, everyone said "dont shoot it". It had NO holster wear and color case on hammer and trigger were as new! I ended up trading it for a model 28, not an even trade, of course. I still have a box of old .45 Auto Rim.  I love those 4506s but have 645s because I like the RR/WO sights and I have factory wood grips for them. Truly nice stuff, Ken. Thanks for sharing them with us!
Link Posted: 4/1/2002 3:29:19 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
My 1917 had the checkered grips and looked one year old! It was the commercial model, and when I took it to the range, everyone said "dont shoot it". It had NO holster wear and color case on hammer and trigger were as new! I ended up trading it for a model 28, not an even trade, of course. I still have a box of old .45 Auto Rim.  I love those 4506s but have 645s because I like the RR/WO sights and I have factory wood grips for them. Truly nice stuff, Ken. Thanks for sharing them with us!

If you got one, shoot it. They are just plain fantastic. I put my original grips away and upgraded to newer one. That's not great for show but sure is better for shooting.

Link Posted: 4/2/2002 6:37:33 AM EDT
[#7]

If you got one, shoot it. They are just plain fantastic. I put my original grips away and upgraded to newer one. That's not great for show but sure is better for shooting.

What size of grips are those?  At the gun shows I always see plenty of boxes of old S&W grips going for $2 a pair.  Seems like at least some of 'em would fit the 1917.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top