Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/10/2010 5:26:23 PM EDT
First Ill have to admit that I am a little to picky about my guns but this is something I noticed with my M&P 40 tonight.  This is my second M&P and while Im a Glock guy first the M&P is starting to take over a little bit more.  When I got out my M&P full size 40 a little while ago I was getting it ready for the range tomorrow and noticed that when i have a firm grip on the pistol grip and slightly shake the pistol there is some wobble that is coming from the front part of the pistol between the frame and the slide.  I can take the firearm by the front slide and front part of the frame and grasp it with my hand and squeeze a little and you can see that the slide can go up and down on the frame with every squeeze I give it.  I only ask this question because my 40c M&P will not do this and does not wobble at all when I shake it when holding it by the pistol grip.  I also noticed that when I put the slide onto the frame the takedown lever will automatically engage itself without me having to push up on it all.  My 40c's takedown lever has to be physically pushed up with my thumb to engage itself when I put the slide on and rack it to the rear.  Are these two things normal or should I just get over it?  

Be easy on me
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 5:33:38 PM EDT
[#1]
My 45 fullsize does the same thing sometime,it's no big deal to me.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top