Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/1/2010 6:35:43 PM EDT
OK guys, I hate my M&P 9s trigger.  I like the grip and all but I'm used to the reset on my multiple Glocks.  What can I do / someone else do to make this better?  I'm sure this has already been talked about somewhere, but I'm studying for a renal exam this Friday and not in the searching about mood.  Thanks.
Link Posted: 9/1/2010 7:09:36 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

OK guys, I hate my M&P 9s trigger.  I like the grip and all but I'm used to the reset on my multiple Glocks.  What can I do / someone else do to make this better?  I'm sure this has already been talked about somewhere, but I'm studying for a renal exam this Friday and not in the searching about mood.  Thanks.

www.apextactical.com

Buy the hard sear and new striker block.  Or one of the kits he offers.  You will never hate the trigger again.
Link Posted: 9/2/2010 4:06:52 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
www.apextactical.com  

Buy the hard sear and new striker block.  Or one of the kits he offers.  You will never hate the trigger again.

This. Just the sear & striker block makes for an incredible improvement in trigger pull, well worth the money, IMHO.
Tomac

Link Posted: 9/2/2010 4:20:58 AM EDT
[#3]
If you hate it now, just wait until that little pin falls out while you are shooting like mine did...renders the weapon inop.

I sold both of mine immediately after that.

I now have two Glocks and a Colt 1911.

I think the M&P is junk.

Link Posted: 9/2/2010 4:54:03 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

If you hate it now, just wait until that little pin falls out while you are shooting like mine did...renders the weapon inop.

I think the M&P is junk.

Because Glocks never blow up and 1911s never jam.

Anyway, the stock trigger improves with use. You won't get the positive, Glock-type reset without replacement parts though. Apex is the only game in town for M&P trigger parts.

Link Posted: 9/2/2010 6:53:27 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I think the M&P is junk.

Specifically what little pin are you referring to?
Link Posted: 9/2/2010 3:12:43 PM EDT
[#6]
What is the knowledge level/tools required for installation?  

NOTE - I am not a gunsmith..
Link Posted: 9/2/2010 3:58:22 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

What is the knowledge level/tools required for installation?  

NOTE - I am not a gunsmith..

Some sort of punch to drive a single pin out.  When I did it, it was the first time I had taken any pistol down past field stripping it for regular cleaning.

Here are detailed install videos for each part.  It is very easy to do.  Just go slow and take your time.

Link Posted: 9/2/2010 5:38:31 PM EDT
[#8]
OP, Installing the sear and striker block took maybe 45 minutes for me and I really took my time and even had a phone call in between the video's if that tells you anything. I too have never taken a gun down past field stripping so this was my first attempt. It was easy.
Link Posted: 9/3/2010 4:15:21 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 9/3/2010 4:22:15 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
FWIW, Randy is apparently going forward with a new part that is designed solely to yield a more tactile reset on the M&P trigger. He mentioned a ship date in early October on another forum.

That is awesome. I will hold off on putting the Mass trigger return spring in my .40FS then and wait for Apex's. Their products are awesome and I am sure it will be worth the slight wait.
Link Posted: 9/3/2010 5:24:17 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

FWIW, Randy is apparently going forward with a new part that is designed solely to yield a more tactile reset on the M&P trigger. He mentioned a ship date in early October on another forum.

He posted the what looked like a demo video of it yesterday on youtube.  I tried to watch it but the audio was so horribly garbled that you could not understand what he was saying.  I commented on the vid letting them know and he appears to have pulled it.  Hopefully they get a new video up soon because it sounds like a great part and I will definitely be ordering one when they become available.

Link Posted: 9/3/2010 7:10:31 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:

That is awesome. I will hold off on putting the Mass trigger return spring in my .40FS then and wait for Apex's. Their products are awesome and I am sure it will be worth the slight wait.

My guess is it's a improved design trigger bar, with a different geometry to the bar and loop at the end?
Link Posted: 9/3/2010 8:03:02 AM EDT
[#13]
I have an M&P Pro. The pro's are 4.5lb. Will the Apex hard sear lower that? I would like a better feel, but dont really want it to much lower.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 7:05:24 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

My guess is it's a improved design trigger bar, with a different geometry to the bar and loop at the end?

Negative.

There are however new trigger bars in the works that will supposedly get rid of most of the pre travel after installing the apex sear.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 6:23:37 AM EDT
[#15]
Thanks for the feedback.  Before I place the order, any thoughts on the kit w/ springs?   For a few bucks more, I wouldn't mind it, but do the different springs really change much?
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 6:23:00 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

I have an M&P Pro. The pro's are 4.5lb. Will the Apex hard sear lower that? I would like a better feel, but dont really want it to much lower.

I put the Apex competition kit in my Pro.  It is significantly lighter, cleaner, with a more positive reset.  If you want to maintain a 4.5-5 lb pull, I believe you would want to install the Mass trigger return spring instead of the kits.  All the benefits of clean takeup and break, with less trigger reduction and even more improved reset.  I would ask Apex about this myself though, since I haven't tried it personally I can't say for certain.

Link Posted: 9/8/2010 3:42:13 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Negative.

There are however new trigger bars in the works that will supposedly get rid of most of the pre travel after installing the apex sear.

Okay, I give up.  What's the new part going to be?
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 4:25:30 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Negative.

This?

Link Posted: 9/8/2010 6:07:23 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Negative.

This?

I'm sold.  Randy's trigger kits are such an improvement I'll pretty much buy anything he tells me is more betterer.

Link Posted: 9/8/2010 7:34:58 PM EDT
[#20]
You gotta hand it to the guy.  He saw a problem, developed a solution that WORKS, and marketed it to the right audience.

A true entrepreneur.  Good for him and his company.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 10:59:47 AM EDT
[#21]
as far as a kit, i have a apex carry in my 9l and it works like a champ.
i had to polish the part of the trigger bar that interacts with the firing pin safety a little.
just taking off the marks from the manufacturing process will remove some of the gritty fealing.
mine feels like glass covered in 30 weight.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top