Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/21/2003 12:25:13 AM EDT
are they quality magazines? Equal to factory mags? Would they be mags fit for use in military duty?

anyone got a pic of a beretta 92fs with a mecgar 17 rounder in it?

Link Posted: 9/21/2003 8:59:24 AM EDT
[#1]
Mecgar mags are widely regarded as being an extremely close second to factory, and MecGar has been a supplier of OEM mags to more than one manufacturer.  I've only got one MecGar mag for my 92 so I don't have a lot of first hand experience with their mags, but I would be more than willing to use that mag if my life were on the line.
Link Posted: 9/21/2003 9:30:19 AM EDT
[#2]
Mec-Gar may be the best aftermarket mags you can buy. They make Beretta & Browning mags, IIRC.

Avoid, at all costs, "USA" brand mags. They're a POS.
Link Posted: 9/21/2003 1:53:45 PM EDT
[#3]
yeah that's what I heard. the reason I asked for a pic though and about the 17rounder, is because USA mags also has a 17 rounder. Wondering if someone got the USA mag mixed up with mecgar and accidently advertised it as mecgar when it was really a USA brand. Yeah I've been told before to avoid USA like the plague.
Link Posted: 9/21/2003 4:39:31 PM EDT
[#4]
The MecGar mags have the company name and logo clearly stamped on the mag body and the finish is excellent.  If the mag doesn't fit that description, I'd think twice about buying one.

Then again, I've got a couple of non-name afermarket mags I picked out of a bin at a gun show that have been perfectly reliable.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top