Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/8/2003 8:38:43 AM EDT
I have a 92 Vertec  and I am considering having Langdon his standard level 1 package. Anyone have experience with it? Try to get some feedback before I send it off....
Link Posted: 8/8/2003 2:13:49 PM EDT
[#1]
I've had the level II trigger job done by him. It was well worth the money. The results were a 8lbs DA pull, and a 4lbs SA pull.
The Level II adds a trigger with an over-travel stop. Ernest Langdon is the only person I'd let touch one of my Beretta's. Fairly fast turn-around.
He also does work with Sigs too.
-Steve
Link Posted: 8/9/2003 8:46:29 AM EDT
[#2]
Both of my Berettas have Level II trigger jobs from him and several people I know have also had work done by him.  I've NEVER heard a complaint.  
Link Posted: 8/13/2003 6:59:13 PM EDT
[#3]
I have a friend who has one of the vertec's. he's a big man with big hands. the trigger pull is so far back inside the trigger guard that he hates the pistol. he asked me to find out what can be done. can anybody help me with this? i'm a glock guy and don't know the beretta smiths very well.
Thanks,
gmac
Link Posted: 8/13/2003 7:43:59 PM EDT
[#4]
McClaran, replace the short-reach trigger that came with the Vertec with the standard model.  It's not very difficult to do yourself.  Or if you send it to LTT as mentioned above you Ernest can take care of it for you.
Link Posted: 8/18/2003 5:58:33 AM EDT
[#5]
Original Elite: LTT Level II trigger job, Novak nite-sites, Elite II hammer, stainless speed bump trigger. The trigger reset is phenomenal, perhaps 1mm appr. I highly recommend him.
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid73/pe8570c1cf0e333c0a50a9259b2735356/fb6b326c.jpg
Link Posted: 8/20/2003 1:47:39 AM EDT
[#6]
Nice Al, is yours the 92 9mm?
A lot of people are looking for the origional Elite in 9mm.
While we're whipping out LTT work -- here's mine.

Beretta 92g Elite II
LTT Carry Bevel
TTI/Yellow Tavern Black Teflon-S coated Frame
LTT Fitted Bar-sto 4.7" barrel
Spur-less Hammer
Novak .290 Rear height Night Sights, Trijicon front
LTT Level II Trigger job
Black Cougar hex-nut grip screws
Crimson Trace Wrap Around Laser Grips
Shok-buffs
Harrts guide rod (looks nice at least)

This was done a little over a year ago. Looks exactly the same today, and I carry it every day. The only wear is around the mag well, just the very rim.
Looking back now, there are a few things I'd do differently.
1. Try to get a Wilson Combat, Combat Pyramid rear sight with yellow tritium. If impossible, I'd get a .305 rear height Novak night sight instead.
2. I would of had at least 3 preban magazines teflon-s coated along with the gun.
3. I kick myself every day for not buying a set of those CTC grips with the Beretta logo for 250 bucks brand new. Doah!

I've been carrying it in a Milt Sparks Improved Baker rig for the past year, but recently I stepped up to the plate and ordered a full black sharskin and sterling silver rig from Lou Alessi.  I'm squirming like a little girl for that thing to get here -- it's due any day now. I got the belt in 1.5" tapered to 1.25", curved cut belt full black bull shark skin lined. A sweet solid sterling belt buckle, tip and retainer. Duel sharkie mag pouch, and a carrier for a Surefire Aviator A2. The holster is his famous ACP with belt snaps, also the mag pouch and light carrier have snaps too.
No more ruining belts by threading it thru those tight loops.
Plus, when I get my 1911 finished, all I'll need is another holster and mag carrier and I've got yet another top of the line rig -- both easy on and easy off. Nice dress quality belt that's tougher than my wife.
Next time I order from him, I need a small OC carrier too, and a full rig for my wife. Crap.
Damn, I hope it comes tomarrow. [>(]
-Steve
Link Posted: 8/24/2003 3:54:14 PM EDT
[#7]
Yup Steve, it is an original 92G Elite 9mm. I see you know Trapper John @ TTI/Yellow Tavern also. Same taste in holsters too. I only use Alessi. Lou is a great guy, but so is Ernest.
Al
Link Posted: 8/24/2003 8:05:02 PM EDT
[#8]
Hey Al,
Lou is definately the man when it comes to leatherware. He's willing to take on custom work unlike a lot of other big names out there. He answers 50 stupid questions you ask without complaining.
Unfortunately, my shark skin one from him is behind schedule and isn't expected to be shipped overnight until around the 1st of September.
My Surefire Aviator A2 with white LED's should be here by Wednesday though.
When I contracted TTI/Yellow Tavern to coat the frame and a few small parts (like the decocker wings) the first attempt was not very good. Ernest was acting as my middleman inspecting the process. He made them redo it, and had the owner himself do it properly. Having a middleman supervise a refinishing job is the way to go, sending a gun off to Robar or some of these other high volume coaters can deliver functionally okay finishes, but cosmetically, they have issues.
The only real way to go any better than TTI's Teflon-S would be to take it to Birdsong. As well as TTI's is holding up, there is no real reason to do it until it's destroyed.
This added about two to three week to my work order. I had delays with Bar-sto holding out on me, as well as a Trijicon front sight. I think I hit a delay on the speedbump trigger as well.
To have that list of work completed, it took just shy of 3 months if I remember correctly. It was supposed to take no more than 4 weeks.
Ernest was willing to upset me in order to provide a 1st class job, and not accept sub-par workmanship.
The biggest problem was the fact that at the time this weapon was my CCW & duty weapon.
I wish he worked on more types of guns, like AR-15's and 1911's.
-Steve
Link Posted: 8/25/2003 5:03:45 AM EDT
[#9]
Hi Steve,
Sometimes you just have to be patient because perfection takes time. Lou is having a fit with governmental agencies and large orders. Ernest has run into delays with triggers before. Too popular I guess. Supply and demand! As a side note Ernest now does Sigs also. As to Robar, well I have an Officers Colt 1911 I sent to Robbie Barrkman 10 years ago. I hate to get rid of it but I just do not like looking at it, too flawed. Let me know how you like the light. I have been thinking of replacing my older Surefire 6p and 6z.
stay safe,
Al
Link Posted: 9/5/2003 12:53:11 PM EDT
[#10]
I have the Level 2 Competition and it is awesome. I have not had any problems with it.
Link Posted: 9/13/2003 9:22:04 PM EDT
[#11]
Web site?

Prices??

Thanks!
Link Posted: 9/13/2003 9:44:11 PM EDT
[#12]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top