Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/15/2003 6:29:03 AM EDT
Whats a good price for a 92G with nightsights?
Link Posted: 7/15/2003 11:02:21 PM EDT
[#1]
New or used? Blued or Stainless?
Link Posted: 7/16/2003 7:28:50 AM EDT
[#2]
Blued new or used but lnib.
I offered trading a P-226 .40 with nightsight or a kimber custom eclipes II for a G but not nobody was interested.
Link Posted: 7/16/2003 9:43:03 AM EDT
[#3]
Depending on what part of the country it's sold in, I'd say an ANIB model with NS would run about $400-500.
Link Posted: 7/16/2003 10:36:38 AM EDT
[#4]
As far as I know the straight 92G model is an LE only sales item, and not readily available on the commercial market. (Like the "LE Only" +P+ ammo, it is an internal marketing decision / policy...the gun is perfectly OK for a non LEO to own) The Elite models, I believe, are all of the G series (decock only), but are not the same as a standard 92G...they are actually better IMO.

These guns are not "rare" or anything, and you should not pay a major premium over what a standard 92FS would be in equalivant condition for one. While I liked the two I had, I would surely have traded you for your Sig or Kimber in a heartbeat if I still had them.

Good Luck
Link Posted: 7/16/2003 12:53:42 PM EDT
[#5]
The G models are not "better" than the Elite models. The standard G models are simply a 9xFS with a decocker only, instead of the decocker/safety.
The rest of the firearm is identical.
The Elite series which is available to the public have additional enhancements to the 9x series. Such as  front and rear checkered grip, forward cocking serrations, novak sights, 4.7" barrel with a deep recessed muzzle crown, no langyard, skeletonized hammer, extended magazine rubber base pads, hex head grip screws, D model hammer spring to reduce the trigger weight, slightly smaller grip to trigger length (aprox. 1mm) which has now been done to all the 9x line, stainless slide and barrel on a brut. frame. These are just off the top of my head. I'm sure there are more suttle changes.
This is for the Elite II model, since the Elite I has been discontinued. The elite series is only available in the "g" config. It can be had in either 9mm or 40s&w.
The G model is desirable for those who do not want an external safety, simply the heavy DA trigger pull to keep the weapon "safe."
I couldn't give you an accurate figure for the police trade in values, so I won't try to guess.
-Steve
Link Posted: 7/16/2003 3:54:27 PM EDT
[#6]
I had a G model once. They are not restricted to LE only...

Smooth DA pull, great gun really..

I have seen like NIB with night sights for $399-$450 depending on any extras like mags....

All in all, if you like DAO guns, this is a good one with the smooth Beretta trigger....
Link Posted: 7/16/2003 10:32:08 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

All in all, if you like DAO guns, this is a good one with the smooth Beretta trigger....

The "G" model isn't a DAO model, is it? Did I miss something?
Link Posted: 7/17/2003 4:12:39 AM EDT
[#8]
You'er right Bob....it was a long day...I got the G and D model confused....

I have only owned about a dozen Berettas in my life, and they tend to run together in my feeble mind....
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top