Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/10/2006 12:36:38 PM EDT
Why oh why can't I have a vertec G in 45 ?
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 3:56:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Because you can't make a 92 style pistol in .45.  The slide would have be -really- wide.

There's always .40...
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 4:46:15 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Because you can't make a 92 style pistol in .45.  The slide would have be -really- wide.

There's always .40...

Gimme a fat slide.  I'm fine with that.  As long as it's a single stack!  I really loved the M9 beretta action and function when I Got it, liked the vertec grip, like the G model decocker only, and like teh 45.

PLEASE someone put them all together,,,,,,,
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 5:48:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Yeah, I forgot you've got a G model vertec.  When you get tired of it, let me know.  
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 5:51:08 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Yeah, I forgot you've got a G model vertec.  When you get tired of it, let me know.  

no I had an M9, just tried out the vertec, didn't buy it.  LOVE everything about it save caliber.  I've been thinking MAAAAAAAAAAYBE I can compromise on 357 sig (I like the numbers on that round, but still, it ain't a 45) in a vertec G package... do they offer that?
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 6:01:16 PM EDT
[#5]
The factory doesn't offer .357 in the 92x series, but you can order a 96G slide from CDNN for $150 and then get a conversion barrel from several places.  Put those on your M9 and you're good to go, but I'd be sure to keep a fresh recoil buffer in it to keep the frame from getting beat up.

www.cdnninvestments.com/beretta4.html  the full size is the same size you have now, the centurian is a half inch shorter.  I actually ordered a centurian last week.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 6:07:46 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
The factory doesn't offer .357 in the 92x series, but you can order a 96G slide from CDNN for $150 and then get a conversion barrel from several places.  Put those on your M9 and you're good to go, but I'd be sure to keep a fresh recoil buffer in it to keep the frame from getting beat up.

www.cdnninvestments.com/beretta4.html  the full size is the same size you have now, the centurian is a half inch shorter.  I actually ordered a centurian last week.

very tempting. It only costs 150 for a new beretta top end!!!!!  wow, that's pretty much perfect.

sorry to make you spell it out for me, but i DO ride the short bus you know!

I get a full vertec?  or are just the frames available?

and then I can get this 96G full size 40 conversion kit, pop in a 357 barrel from elsewhere and use which mags?

I just got out of the 40 and 9mm game, but I think a 96G vertec in 357 might be more what I'm looking for than what I've previously thought....
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 6:14:10 PM EDT
[#7]
I see bar sto wants 200 for the barrel, and I'd probably have to send the gun there to have it fitted, no?
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 6:48:30 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I get a full vertec?  or are just the frames available?

I've never seen just a frame for sellm but if you look around you might find something.  I'm 99.999999999% sure that Beretta doesn't frames leave the factory without a slide (and everything else) attached.  Are you wanting the Vertec grip or the Vertec light rail?  

and then I can get this 96G full size 40 conversion kit, pop in a 357 barrel from elsewhere and use which mags?
You'd want to use .40 mags, but I've been told that the only difference between the mags is the witness holes on the rear.  

Wait a week or two and I'll be able to let you know how mine works out.  I've seen other posts in this forum about the conversions so try some searching for more info.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 6:52:06 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I see bar sto wants 200 for the barrel, and I'd probably have to send the gun there to have it fitted, no?

I think he sells a drop in that should require little or no fitting, but if you did send it in you'd have a hand fit barrel and have one -very- accurate pistol.
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 1:06:54 AM EDT
[#10]
I'm into the vertec grip more than anything else, though this would be my bedside pistol and would probably wear a light too so rail is preferred.

The M9 never quite fit my hand right, too much swell in rear.  Vertec is purrrrrrrrrr-fect.  the 90-two looks like its no improvement in grip over vertec, just gives you the choice of grips that user wants, e.g. M9 or vertec.
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 11:48:39 AM EDT
[#11]
The Cougar 8045 is by FAR the most under rated handgun I know of (and own).

If you can find mags to stock up on (fairly hard to find), you'll have your .45 Beretta and will never look back.

About $500, which is a STEAL for a pistol that's every bit as nice as a SIG or H&K....and much more comfortable to shoot.

Link Posted: 4/11/2006 2:05:41 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

If you can find mags to stock up on (fairly hard to find), you'll have your .45 Beretta and will never look back.

About $500, which is a STEAL for a pistol that's every bit as nice as a SIG or H&K....and much more comfortable to shoot.

www.e-zbrane.sk/jpg/c2.jpg

does she use the breech toggle or is it rotary?
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 3:40:01 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Cougars are rotary.  That's why they can make a .45 fit inside.
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 4:49:39 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Cougars are rotary.  That's why they can make a .45 fit inside.

ahhh  I 'm not abject to rotary, but part of the reason I like Hoplo's idea is I am absolutely in love with teh breech toggle of the beretta (ok, its walther !)....

Plus I'm looking for a full isze home defense gun, and I've already got a 4" kimber so don't need another compact...
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 6:20:25 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
I'm into the vertec grip more than anything else, though this would be my bedside pistol and would probably wear a light too so rail is preferred.

The M9 never quite fit my hand right, too much swell in rear.  Vertec is purrrrrrrrrr-fect.  the 90-two looks like its no improvement in grip over vertec, just gives you the choice of grips that user wants, e.g. M9 or vertec.

It's funny how different hands  like different feels.  The M9 fits perfectly in my hands. Better than any thing else I've ever felt. And they are average sized hands.  Or even on the small side.  That's why choices are good.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 3:43:35 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

It's funny how different hands  like different feels.  The M9 fits perfectly in my hands. Better than any thing else I've ever felt. And they are average sized hands.  Or even on the small side.  That's why choices are good.

well the mil chose teh M9 for a reason! I guess that shape fits most hands.  I have small fingers.  KILLS my gun selection.  revolvers and single stacks are great!  glocks, sigs don't come close to fitting.  the only double stacks that fit are vertec's and XD's.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 7:56:00 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 4:28:15 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

no I had an M9, just tried out the vertec, didn't buy it.  LOVE everything about it save caliber.  I've been thinking MAAAAAAAAAAYBE I can compromise on 357 sig (I like the numbers on that round, but still, it ain't a 45) in a vertec G package... do they offer that?

I've never been accused of being a 9mm fan or proponent myself, but with some of the newer 9mm loadings (see Winchester Ranger T 127gr +P+) getting awfully close to .357 Sig turf, why don't you consider the 9X19?

I'm planning to get a 92FS when I get home.
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 5:27:56 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Have the 8040 and LOVE it.  It is a very accurate and comfortable shooter....for me at least.  I'd love to get both the 8000 and the 8045, maybe the 80357 too.  

Just amazing to me the 8000 series never really developed much of a following.

For about $500, how can you possibly do better?

It's incredibly comfortable to hold and shoot, very accurate, nice slim profile for carry....I just see no flaws in my 8045 at all. As a matter of fact, I'd go so far as to say its as good as any handgun I've ever owned and that includes all the big Euro companies.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top