Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/4/2006 8:35:22 AM EDT
OK. So I have been planning a getting a 92fs for a while but then tempted to get the m9 which is apparently a little different but not much.  And now there are more choices (90-two).  And now rails?

Please answer these questions if you can.

Is the Taurus 92 the same thing as a 92fs? Do they take the same mags?

Is the M9 and 92fs essentially the same pistol? Do they take the same mags?  

What is the highest capacity mag beretta makes for the M(9 or  92 fs)

I recently heard that Beretta is putting some rails on the their pistols.

90-two

m9

Are the mags that are good for older m9s still good for the new M9s?

Are the mags for the 90-two the same as for the 92fs or m9?

What's the difference between the 90-two and the m9?
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 8:46:15 AM EDT
[#1]

---no, and no. Pt92 is based off an older design of the Beretta. mags will not work because the mag latch are at different positions

---in a way yes, and yes. M9=military, 92FS=civilian. however u can buy M9's they might have some MINOR differences (sights, etc not sure myself). same mags

What is the highest capacity mag beretta makes for the M(9 or 92 fs)

---extended 20 rounds, sticks past the base tho

--- they have been putting rails on the vertec frame and 92G-SD (special duty)

--- yes, M9A1 is basically the same as M9 but with rails

--- think so, but since it is not out yet it is too soon to tell, tht or i don't personally know

---90-two is not out yet, so there are a lot of differences, perhaps almost everything except barrel and mag. slide, frame,. etc are different.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 8:57:01 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

---no, and no. Pt92 is based off an older design of the Beretta. mags will not work because the mag latch are at different positions

---in a way yes, and yes. M9=military, 92FS=civilian. however u can buy M9's they might have some MINOR differences (sights, etc not sure myself). same mags

What is the highest capacity mag beretta makes for the M(9 or 92 fs)

---extended 20 rounds, sticks past the base tho

--- they have been putting rails on the vertec frame and 92G-SD (special duty)

--- yes, M9A1 is basically the same as M9 but with rails

--- think so, but since it is not out yet it is too soon to tell, tht or i don't personally know

---90-two is not out yet, so there are a lot of differences, perhaps almost everything except barrel and mag. slide, frame,. etc are different.

Thanks, I love this site.  
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 10:51:52 AM EDT
[#3]
To clear up a couple details:  The M9 and 92FS are identical pistols, the only thing different are the slide markings.  Recent civilian sales 92FS pistols have a number of polymer parts that replace steel parts on the older 92FS.  The two still have full parts interchangability.

The not yet in production 90-Two will be a completely different pistol with very limited to no parts interchangability, to include mags.  
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 11:09:00 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
To clear up a couple details:  The M9 and 92FS are identical pistols, the only thing different are the slide markings.  Recent civilian sales 92FS pistols have a number of polymer parts that replace steel parts on the older 92FS.  The two still have full parts interchangability.

The not yet in production 90-Two will be a completely different pistol with very limited to no parts interchangability, to include mags.  

Thats good to know that the 90-two and 92fs/m9 are completely different but the 92fs and m9 have interchangeable parts.

What is a decent price on a 90 - 95% used Beretta 92fs or M9 (pre-rails)?  

Link Posted: 4/4/2006 11:53:54 AM EDT
[#5]
My 92FS was about 90%, had the plastic case and cardboard box, came with 2 10 rd and 3 15 rd Beretta factory mags, and had all the factory paperwork.  I paid $375.00 out the door at NW Arms in Spokane, WA in 2005.  I bought my 96 there about 6 months later and paid the same price but with only 3 10 rd mags and no box.  However the pistol was easy 99% and the mags had the 96 Elite competition basepads.  
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 12:25:35 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Thats good to know that the 90-two and 92fs/m9 are completely different but the 92fs and m9 have interchangeable parts.

What is a decent price on a 90 - 95% used Beretta 92fs or M9 (pre-rails)?  

aside from the slide markings, the sights are different on the two pistols.  the 92 has 3 dots, and the M9 has a "dot the i" setup.  The difference is paint, and nothing more.

The rail is for the M9A1

every beretta model 92 (F,FS,D,G,Elite,Brigadier) will take the same mags.  So will the CX4 carbine and Kel Tec's SUB2000 rifle.

Mec-Gar makes beretta mags up to 20rds, and promag makes 30rd mags, but the 30's suck and are not reliable.  they're fun to play with at the range, but do NOT rely on Pro-mag when it counts.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top