Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/3/2006 4:13:34 PM EDT
I am considering a 9mm handgun and was considering the Vertec...........tell me about them
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 7:22:18 PM EDT
[#1]
got 2 96's

flawless preformance
very accurate
straight grip similar to a 1911
can mount your goodies to it

it's a Beretta

Gary
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 8:38:00 PM EDT
[#2]
I have the 92 and love it. It is the most accurate of all my 9MM's and it has never so much as hicuped in the reliability department.

I bought mine because the grip design makes it easier to get my short stumpy fingers around it. If you have smaller hands they feel alot beter in the hand than the standard model.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 2:38:20 PM EDT
[#3]
I have a Beretta 96 Vertec (.40 S&W)

Basically they are identical to the regular 92/96 versions except for a few key points:

-Removable front sight post
-1911 style grip angle for those who prefer it and it also seems to work well for those with small hands.
-Different grips that are a combo of checkering and little "round stubbles" for where you need grip and where you need to move your fingers for a magazine change.
-Short trigger further aides for those with smaller hands.
-Rail for those who wish to mount lights (M6/M6X is a good choice, so is any Surefire)

Me, I prefer the Vertecs to the standard model. Its mainly the grip and the fact that it has a rail. The grip feels so much like my Kimber Warrior and it just sits in my hand like it belonged there.

Here is a pick:

*Not to get into a caliber debate, but they do offer a .40 S&W version for those who need a little bit more
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 11:13:23 AM EDT
[#4]
I have a 92FS Vertec and a 92FS and I prefer the grip on the original 92FS to those on the Vertec, just my opinion. I have a feeling that if I got some Hogue grips for my Vertec Id like it a lot more.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top