Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/26/2006 2:45:31 PM EDT
Well, I sent by Beretta in for Trijicon night sights while I was away to NTC. She's back and has a lot of new life in her. This pistol started life with me as a police trade in. She was worn but had much heart. I changed out her grips first with some Hogue for a more weather resistant grip. Later, when I was at Ft Huachuca, I wanted night sights. The local gunsmith talked me in PT. Well, after a year, the sights were too dim to use. You can read more about it here: www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=5&f=4&t=25711. Right before I left for NTC I sent the slide off to Trijicon's smith and won a SF rail on EvilBay.

I put ~200rds through her two weeks ago and she is good as new. This same pistol has had countless rounds put through her previously. She was used for qualification when I was at Huachuca (~1000 w/o cleaning or added lubrication). She has never given me one hiccup. People that have issues with the reliability of a Beretta need to learn how to properly lubricate a pistol (something commonly overlooked in the military from what I have seen). This baby will run any of my other pistols into the ground (and I own Glocks, Colts, Springfields, Walthers, Rugers). And she still hits where she is aiming.

She looks rough, but she is a working pistol- still going like the Energizer Bunny.

New (and reliable) Trijicon Night Sights.

The MR11 Surefire rail- has the most positive lock up of any rail adapter I have seen. Very happy with the fit and finish.

The Hogue grips. All weather performance. I don't like the wrap arounds on a double stack b/c of added size. Note the Torx grip scres instead of the slotted factory screws.

Edited because of my inability to spell. (Public schools and public college.)
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 8:09:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Looks pretty good hispeed.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 8:30:08 PM EDT
[#2]
That's a nice pistol with some seasoning too.
Those Trijicon sights are great. How much did it cost you to have them put an insert in the fixed front sight post with the rear replacement?
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 9:06:27 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Those Trijicon sights are great. How much did it cost you to have them put an insert in the fixed front sight post with the rear replacement?

They had to put in a shim in mine which cost $25. If you haven't had night sights previously, you shouldn't need it. Its was ~$150 for the front and rear sight.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 9:37:11 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

They had to put in a shim in mine which cost $25. If you haven't had night sights previously, you shouldn't need it. Its was ~$150 for the front and rear sight.

I'm use to the standard sights on my Beretta's, but thought it might be nice to put some on my 92FS and keep my M9 standard. Well, semi standard. I paint all my sight posts on pistols and rifles with a permanent fluorescent green paint that glows great in the daytime sun making for a faster sight picture, and at night have just trained and keep training to hone my instinctual point of aim . The Trijicons just look like a nice add-on that could be useful for some more exact precision at night. Thanks, Achilles1
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 9:26:54 PM EDT
[#5]
nice sight job!  i'm really trying to motivate to get it done to mine
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 2:38:51 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
nice sight job!  i'm really trying to motivate to get it done to mine

You won't be sorry, the Trijicon's are great. This is the second pistol I had them installed on and they are by far the best I have seen.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top