Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 3/19/2006 3:28:10 PM EDT
One of the guys on the beretta forum mentioned this and i checked my gun and have similar fault. So curious to if its the same for everyone of a prob with my gun.

Looking for

Small chip in reciever in the hammer slot. Lower left side it apears that the hammer might have hit the reciever. Its real tiny and not a major issue as of now but if the hammer is hitting the reciever and continues to do so that would worry me.

Basicly cock the hammer and look left of the hammer and see if its clean or possibly chipped
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 8:35:54 PM EDT
i passed this along to a buddy with a px4. thanks for the heads up
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 6:58:55 AM EDT
i got one one the RIGHT side, same location as others have it on the left side. i tried to get a picture of it but the macro wouldnt focus on that spot good. but its MUCH LESS pronounced then the pictures i see. about 1/2 the "size", but its still there. (i couldnt really notice it without my loupe though) were talking like .05 inch in size (probably less) nick in the frame here here. my SLIDE already has stuff on it worse then this in finish wear! (rule #87 in home gunsmithing, felt doesnt replace a good set of rubber vise jaws)

there is a LINE about 5x deeper then this small nick ALL THE WAY AROUND THE GRIP for STYLING.

i seriously doubt this will be a problem.

Link Posted: 3/20/2006 12:39:05 PM EDT
Well I just came back from the local shop. All of their .40s and none of their nines have the same mark. So this has to be a flaw in the mold or a spew trim mark. I will not worry unless gets bigger
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 7:46:38 AM EDT
This seems much ado about nothing.

I've yanked, angled, pryed and smacked the hammer and I cannot see how its going to make contact there.

I have 400 rounds through my 9mm PX4 and don't see any issues there. Perhaps it is a molding issue on the .40 models?

The only other think it could be is some sort of "tortional" rotation under recoil, since the pivot pin goes through the frame on only the left side? Still I don't see it as a major problem. If an issue arises, we'll hear more I suspect.
Top Top