Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/17/2006 4:33:30 AM EDT
My first gun was a beretta M9 and while it didn't fit my hand well (small hands), I did appreciate teh reliability, accuracy and quality of the pistol.  Do they make a 45 in the same league of dependability as the M9?  If they do, hows the grip?
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 7:21:03 AM EDT
[#1]
Supposedly, the PX4 Storm will be coming out in a .45ACP offering at this year's shot show.

I have the Europellet version in 9mm and its really an amazing gun.  VERY accurate, recoil is such a different impulse because of the rotating lockup, and the trigger reset distance is decent (much better than my Hi Power which, alas, is now being sold).

The 9mm Storm holds 17 rounds.

I'd guess we'll have 10 or 11 round capacity in a 45.ACP version, perhaps 12.  
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 7:48:22 AM EDT
[#2]
Beretta Cougar was made in .45. It always seemed comfortable to me, but I never owned one.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 4:04:02 PM EDT
[#3]
I always thought a 92 in .45acp cal would sell like lifeboats on the Titanic. Some say it would be too big a caliber for the frame; personally, I think Beretta could've made it work.

The Cougar doesn't balance well for me with it's extra thick slide. Their owners seem to really like them, though.

My .o2
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 6:01:50 PM EDT
[#4]
i have told myself dozens of times the very same thing, if they made a .45 92fs i would buy atleast 2. i think it would be an awesome guy.

my .02
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 7:43:07 PM EDT
[#5]
the CX4 carbine comes in 45
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 2:50:00 PM EDT
[#6]
Yeah the CX4 comes in .45, but you have to use Cougar mags so your capacity is only going to be 8.  That sucks for a carbine, especially now that the ban has been lifted.  Here's hoping that the magazines from the rumored PX4 in .45 will work in the CX and that someday someone somewhere will make a 25 or 30 round mag for that thing.  Maybe then it will be worth owning.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 4:31:24 PM EDT
[#7]
hi-caps mags mean very little to me. a) reliability b) comfort c) accuracy d) capacity.  (I'd say caliber, but I'd only bet my life on one!)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top