Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/10/2006 7:22:51 PM EDT
At the range today on about my 30th round I squeezed the trigger & nothing. I tap & rack and no rack as the slide is locked. Waited 60 seconds, dropped the mag, the slide is still jammed.

I've probably got about 2k rounds thru my 92, clean it regularly and never had any problems until now.  

I did some research and I think this is my problem: A locking block wing broke and the pistol's slide locked up.

I understand the solution is to: Push down on the broken wing with a drift punch to free the action.

I've got a drift punch but I don't see where to press. The disassembly mechanism moves into position, but is useless as the slide is frozen and it cannot be disassembled.

Before I take it to the service department at Beretta USA (1 hour from my house) I thought I would consult the hive mind for any corrective measures. TIA  

eta:sp
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 3:20:27 PM EDT
[#1]
look down on the top of your pistol.  right around the sides of the chamber you can see the wings of the locking block.  You should be able to fumble with it from there
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 6:59:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Thats exactly what it was, Thx NT!
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 8:40:47 PM EDT
[#3]
glad i could help!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top