Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/5/2006 9:06:27 PM EDT
Howdy all!  Have a question.  I'm looking to send some new mags to someone who's deployed overseas to replace her checkmate mags and I have heard that Beretta factory mags are the ones to go with.  I checked CDNN and they have two types available, the bulk lot ones and ones marked MDS.  is there any difference between these?  just curious, thanks for your input.

Lithgow303

Link Posted: 3/5/2006 9:40:26 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Howdy all!  Have a question.  I'm looking to send some new mags to someone who's deployed overseas to replace her checkmate mags and I have heard that Beretta factory mags are the ones to go with.  I checked CDNN and they have two types available, the bulk lot ones and ones marked MDS.  is there any difference between these?  just curious, thanks for your input.

Lithgow303

The new factory MDS's and bulk takeouts should be the same and are good high quality magazines that I've have put thousands of rounds through in both my M9, 92FS and CX4 without ever a hiccup, but they are parkerized mags and they were having a problem over there with the sand sticking too easy on the parkerization and now Teflon-moly the new issue mags I believe. The MDS's are good mags, but you should also consider sending her some MecGar 92 magazines which are also high quality and blued. The fine sand does not stick as well to the blueing and they should be a good choice for her also. I have some MecGar 20's for my Beretta's and have used MecGar's in many different pistols with them being factory magazines for many of your large manufacterer's like Sig for example. The 17 round expanded capacity versions ran very well in my P226 and those extra two rounds never hurt.

Mecgar's

CDNN

Link Posted: 3/6/2006 10:19:07 AM EDT
[#2]
I just tired of aftermarket mags and prefer to go with factory in all my guns...I think you are safer and it is more economical in the long run because what you buy the first time, works.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 3:57:48 AM EDT
[#3]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top