Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/28/2006 7:28:06 AM EDT
ARE STIFF AS HELL! The springs in mine are really tight. I am not the limp-wristed type so it is not a case of that....but I am only fitting 14 rounds in each one now. Is anyone having this problem besides me? Maybe with a different new gun mag? Thanks for the inputs.
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 7:29:36 AM EDT
[#1]
Man up you wussie
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 9:29:17 AM EDT
[#2]
I have NEVER have mag springs be this stiff. When I changed the shocks on my chevelle the springs werent this stiff
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 1:25:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Yeah mine were stiff.  I had to push the last round against the table to get all 17 in and then I left them there for a week.  Their still hard to get in but they do go in now.  I went and got smart and bought a speedloader HKS 491 for $10 and no more hurtin thumbs.  The 491 was made for the 92 but the PX4 mag fits perfectly.
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 2:45:28 PM EDT
[#4]
I played with one on Friday at a gunshop. Nice feel and I like that gun...

More than likely I'm going to spring for one soon...
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 3:07:58 PM EDT
[#5]
I've had mine for a few weeks and really like it.  It's very accurate.  I supported it on the bench top at the range and was hitting tight 1 inch groups from 25 feet right in the center of a full size target. Only if I could do that standing up.  Mine is the 9mm "F" model.  I bought the Universal Houge Slip Grips and its feels good and looks good too.  I am still waiting for more assessories to come out like nightsights but I can wait.  This pistol is a real winner in my book.  Only draw back is the sights only glow in the dark and are only real bright for like a minute when you shine a bright light on the stock sights.  Beretta says its suppose glow in the dark and last for 30 minutes.  If you call into Beretta, they will ship you a third mag and 2 different backstraps for free.  It takes about 5-6 weeks according to customer service.  You can also buy 20 round mags.  I have put about 2000 round throught this pistol in two weeks and have not had one hickup, knock on wood.  Just becareful when cleaning the recoil spring guide rod assembly.  I was pushing down on the bushing while compressing the spring and I accidentally let go.  I didn't expect the spring stop, bushing and spring to fly away.  I damn near lost the little pieces.  It went back together with no issues but if I didn't find all the pieces, my pistol would be out of commission.  So be careful.  Glock better watch out because this pistol is going to catch on quick and for $500.00 or less.  Plus it has the traditional 1911 grip angle unlike the glock.  I also hear rumors that the new Bond movie is adding the PX4 and dropping the PPK Walther.  Everyone is gonig to want one then, so get yours early.
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 3:48:27 PM EDT
[#6]
I think you mean the HKS 941   I have been looking on line and I found them.  Thanks a ton.

Quoted:
Yeah mine were stiff.  I had to push the last round against the table to get all 17 in and then I left them there for a week.  Their still hard to get in but they do go in now.  I went and got smart and bought a speedloader HKS 491 for $10 and no more hurtin thumbs.  The 491 was made for the 92 but the PX4 mag fits perfectly.

Link Posted: 1/28/2006 4:03:26 PM EDT
[#7]
Yeah your right, typo on my end but they work great.  I went to my local gun shop and they had it in stock for $10.00.  Don't think there too much cheaper on line.  Good luck.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 3:12:19 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 12:19:26 AM EDT
[#9]
No offense but this has to be one of the ugliest pistols I have seen in a long time. I am sure it will be reliable and reasonably accurate but the damn thing is fugly.
Pat
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 1:39:59 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
No offense but this has to be one of the ugliest pistols I have seen in a long time. I am sure it will be reliable and reasonably accurate but the damn thing is fugly.
Pat

nah, the 9000s is. the grip reminds me of fat diabetic ankles
I also thought it felt like shit and had a overly long trigger pull. It did in my hands.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 2:00:13 PM EDT
[#11]
So let me guess Glockfan, you think this is nice looking

http://www.employees.org/~magnum/images/glock_22c_right.jpg

And this is ugly?

http://www.handgunsmag.com/accessories/HGpx4_081005A.jpg

I hope not.

although I find the PX4 better looking than a g22, the USP elite gets first place in the ugly test.

http://www.impactguns.com/store/media/hk_uspelite.jpg
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 3:21:02 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Pat

No offence taken, but I think she is sexy.  Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and beauty is only a light switch away.  I'll take the PX4's curves over the Glock's boxiness.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 4:08:06 PM EDT
[#13]
Here here! Curves over blocks any day. Oh and the diabetic ankles thing if funny funny funny! First time ever for me on a gun description to hear it.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 9:47:57 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
ARE STIFF AS HELL! The springs in mine are really tight. I am not the limp-wristed type so it is not a case of that....but I am only fitting 14 rounds in each one now. Is anyone having this problem besides me? Maybe with a different new gun mag? Thanks for the inputs.hinking.gif

I find that most new mags are stiff until you get a few reloadings thru them. I would reccomend loading them up and leave them loaded for about a week to get the spring to compress some. My mags for my 96 Brig were stiff as hell, and I reloaded each one about 3 times then let them sit for a week. Now I can easily load them and quickly.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top