Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 1/28/2006 7:28:06 AM EDT
ARE STIFF AS HELL! The springs in mine are really tight. I am not the limp-wristed type so it is not a case of that....but I am only fitting 14 rounds in each one now. Is anyone having this problem besides me? Maybe with a different new gun mag? Thanks for the inputs.
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 7:29:36 AM EDT
Man up you wussie
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 9:29:17 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/28/2006 3:35:25 PM EDT by SevenSixTwoAKfreak]
I have NEVER have mag springs be this stiff. When I changed the shocks on my chevelle the springs werent this stiff
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 1:25:10 PM EDT
Yeah mine were stiff. I had to push the last round against the table to get all 17 in and then I left them there for a week. Their still hard to get in but they do go in now. I went and got smart and bought a speedloader HKS 491 for $10 and no more hurtin thumbs. The 491 was made for the 92 but the PX4 mag fits perfectly.
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 2:45:28 PM EDT
I played with one on Friday at a gunshop. Nice feel and I like that gun...

More than likely I'm going to spring for one soon...
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 3:07:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/29/2006 6:56:02 AM EDT by Naruto]
I've had mine for a few weeks and really like it. It's very accurate. I supported it on the bench top at the range and was hitting tight 1 inch groups from 25 feet right in the center of a full size target. Only if I could do that standing up. Mine is the 9mm "F" model. I bought the Universal Houge Slip Grips and its feels good and looks good too. I am still waiting for more assessories to come out like nightsights but I can wait. This pistol is a real winner in my book. Only draw back is the sights only glow in the dark and are only real bright for like a minute when you shine a bright light on the stock sights. Beretta says its suppose glow in the dark and last for 30 minutes. If you call into Beretta, they will ship you a third mag and 2 different backstraps for free. It takes about 5-6 weeks according to customer service. You can also buy 20 round mags. I have put about 2000 round throught this pistol in two weeks and have not had one hickup, knock on wood. Just becareful when cleaning the recoil spring guide rod assembly. I was pushing down on the bushing while compressing the spring and I accidentally let go. I didn't expect the spring stop, bushing and spring to fly away. I damn near lost the little pieces. It went back together with no issues but if I didn't find all the pieces, my pistol would be out of commission. So be careful. Glock better watch out because this pistol is going to catch on quick and for $500.00 or less. Plus it has the traditional 1911 grip angle unlike the glock. I also hear rumors that the new Bond movie is adding the PX4 and dropping the PPK Walther. Everyone is gonig to want one then, so get yours early.
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 3:48:27 PM EDT
I think you mean the HKS 941 I have been looking on line and I found them. Thanks a ton.

Originally Posted By Naruto:
Yeah mine were stiff. I had to push the last round against the table to get all 17 in and then I left them there for a week. Their still hard to get in but they do go in now. I went and got smart and bought a speedloader HKS 491 for $10 and no more hurtin thumbs. The 491 was made for the 92 but the PX4 mag fits perfectly.

Link Posted: 1/28/2006 4:03:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/28/2006 4:05:46 PM EDT by Naruto]
Yeah your right, typo on my end but they work great. I went to my local gun shop and they had it in stock for $10.00. Don't think there too much cheaper on line. Good luck.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 3:12:19 AM EDT
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 12:19:26 AM EDT
No offense but this has to be one of the ugliest pistols I have seen in a long time. I am sure it will be reliable and reasonably accurate but the damn thing is fugly.
Pat
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 1:39:59 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/31/2006 1:41:16 AM EDT by twonami]

Originally Posted By Glockfan:
No offense but this has to be one of the ugliest pistols I have seen in a long time. I am sure it will be reliable and reasonably accurate but the damn thing is fugly.
Pat

nah, the 9000s is. the grip reminds me of fat diabetic ankles
I also thought it felt like shit and had a overly long trigger pull. It did in my hands.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 2:00:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/31/2006 2:05:11 PM EDT by jakevas]
So let me guess Glockfan, you think this is nice looking

http://www.employees.org/~magnum/images/glock_22c_right.jpg

And this is ugly?

http://www.handgunsmag.com/accessories/HGpx4_081005A.jpg

I hope not.

although I find the PX4 better looking than a g22, the USP elite gets first place in the ugly test.

http://www.impactguns.com/store/media/hk_uspelite.jpg
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 3:21:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/31/2006 3:24:51 PM EDT by Naruto]

Originally Posted By Glockfan:
Pat

No offence taken, but I think she is sexy. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and beauty is only a light switch away. I'll take the PX4's curves over the Glock's boxiness.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 4:08:06 PM EDT
Here here! Curves over blocks any day. Oh and the diabetic ankles thing if funny funny funny! First time ever for me on a gun description to hear it.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 9:47:57 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/4/2006 9:48:28 AM EDT by Brandon_Lutz]

Originally Posted By SevenSixTwoAKfreak:
ARE STIFF AS HELL! The springs in mine are really tight. I am not the limp-wristed type so it is not a case of that....but I am only fitting 14 rounds in each one now. Is anyone having this problem besides me? Maybe with a different new gun mag? Thanks for the inputs.hinking.gif

I find that most new mags are stiff until you get a few reloadings thru them. I would reccomend loading them up and leave them loaded for about a week to get the spring to compress some. My mags for my 96 Brig were stiff as hell, and I reloaded each one about 3 times then let them sit for a week. Now I can easily load them and quickly.
Top Top