Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 1/23/2006 5:12:40 PM EDT
I had an Italian-made 92FS many years ago, but had to sell (and my other guns) it to pay for my divorse. I have always missed this pistol and was very impressed by it's accuracy, fit and finish.

I think it's time to replace it with a new FS, but I have a dilemma...should I hold out for an Italian one? Are they a better pistol or just more collectible? I am interested in quality, not collectibility.

Are the Italian ones better???
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 7:01:08 AM EDT
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 11:04:34 AM EDT
Well, my Beretta is made in Gardone Valtrompia and my M4 in Hartford .... I would find disturbing a Beretta made in US and a M4 in Italy Ciao
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 4:46:00 PM EDT
Absolutely no difference at all. I've laid them both side-by-side & you cannot tell the difference at all.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 6:38:53 AM EDT
The Italian and older American made guns are all either alloy and steel, where the new American made ones are steel, alloy, and plastic.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 9:56:08 PM EDT
Italian tend to be smoother, but the Beretta design is still so damned good that even the US made Berettas are smooth as hell. I wouldn't worry about it.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 10:07:04 PM EDT
My stainless one made in the states is all metal and as smooth as any other 92 I have ever held or shot. However to each his own. I like stuff made in the States so I am happy.
Top Top