Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/14/2006 6:18:37 PM EDT
5 hours ago i bought a NIB 92 Inox Vertec (and an M6) at the Indy 1500 Gun Show.  I blew off a few rounds out the back door just for shits and giggles.  I absolutely love it.  I like the vertec look with the flat backstrap and rail.  I own a glock, sig, and S&W.  This is my first beretta and i would have to say it is the most beautiful one i own.  I have already started calling it my pimp gun.  I can't wait to take it to the range and see just how accurate it really is.  

I do have a question.  Where can you get he best deals for hi-caps and accessories?

Thanks!

Rose Mech
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 7:24:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Most anyplace worthy of a web site will have Mdl #92 stuff around, I get mine from some place called cdnninvestments, I would say more but I don't want to be accused of advertising. You are going to love this gun. Ever notice how almost all other auto handguns are close copys of the 1911?
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 4:33:04 AM EDT
[#2]
CDNN is a great source for mags.  I'd go there first.  Factory and "MDS" mags are the same.  Same mag, same factory.  MDS is a company Beretta wholly owns to do nothing but make magazines for them.  They make the "PB" marked mags on the same production line, and I've seen NIB 92s come with "MDS" mags.  

Personally, with the low cost of factory mags, I'd just buy them and pass on aftermarket.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 4:29:39 PM EDT
[#3]
If you want to beat up on your pistol, either taking classes or competition shooting, you would do yourself well to buy factory mags for it.  There have been issues with some aftermarket (Checkmate) mags and some feeding problems.  Do yourself the favor and get yourself the good stuff.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 6:18:34 PM EDT
[#4]
Definitely stick to factory mags.  I have so many friends who use crap mags that jam.  Check out MecGar too.  They're making excellent magazines for a lot of firearm manufacturers and they seem to perform flawlessly.
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 8:18:49 AM EDT
[#5]
i never buy any mags but quality ones, i think the extra few dollars are always worth it.  I will only buy mecgars, factory, or maybe milsurplus in excelent condition.

AND,  can i get a steel guide rod for it?

RoseMech
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 6:49:22 PM EDT
[#6]
I would stick with the platic guide rod unless you really feel like you need a steel one.  I have a Beretta 92G Elite II that came with plastic and a 92FS that came with a metal one.  After 500 rounds in each, the metal guide rod shows all kinds of wear on it where the plastic shows none.  If you really want a steel one, try midwayusa.com.  They have one made by Wolff that gets 5 star ratings and isn't too expensive.  
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 5:29:25 AM EDT
[#7]
Thanks, thats exactly what i am looking for, also I found a set of spring by wilson combat that contains a reduced main spring, stronger trigger spring and stronger recoil spring.  I think I will get this and a steel guide rod.  I perfer steel guide rods in everything, including my Glocks.  I have never had one break, but it just makes me worry less.

RoseMech
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top