Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/27/2001 6:53:01 AM EDT
In an effort to make a decision between the SIG P226 and the Beretta 92 I went to the range and shot both. I personally felt more comfortable with the B92.

I am now ready to go pick it up, but would appreciate any comments on the pro's and cons of either getting the stainless steel finish or the blue finish.

Thanks
Mike
Link Posted: 10/27/2001 9:46:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Two words.

1.Bruniton.
2. Stealth.
Link Posted: 10/28/2001 12:56:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Why?
Link Posted: 10/28/2001 3:32:34 PM EDT
[#3]
I have one of each and I like the way the Stainless looks but BusMaster007 has a point about Stealth. IMHO the stainless is easier to clean because you can see where the filth is.

BKVic
Link Posted: 10/30/2001 5:11:01 PM EDT
[#4]
I carry a stainless 92FS Custom Carry II, and I love it.  When it gets dirty, you can practically hose it off at the car wash.
Link Posted: 10/31/2001 6:28:56 AM EDT
[#5]
I like my Inox Stainless.   It also is worth quite a bit more if you ever decide to sell it.  I know, that's a sin, but it is a legitimate reason.
Link Posted: 11/2/2001 6:59:23 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I am now ready to go pick it up, but would appreciate any comments on the pro's and cons of either getting the stainless steel finish or the blue finish.

Thanks
Mike

I used to own SS guns but now I don't due to the glare factor when shooting on bright sunny days.

My .o2
Link Posted: 11/10/2001 5:57:05 PM EDT
[#7]
Even though I love the way the stainless gun looks and the easier cleaning. I was not too long ago pondering the same question, I chose the Bruntion Model 96. The reason for why I chose that finish was easy(at least for me), I myself just HATE the silver front sight on the standard stainless guns,and a standard model was all I could afford then. Now if I would have had the money for a Stainless Brigader 96 thats what I would have got because of the dovetailed frontsite(black), and then I could have had the best of both worlds IMO. With that being said there is no way now that I will part with my 96 even though I am going to add to my Beretta family in the future and they will probably be stainless(as long as they have the dovetailed front site).
Link Posted: 11/14/2001 10:29:23 PM EDT
[#8]
I choose the Inox and solved the front sight problem with a little matte black paint and a dab of white.  If I went with Beretta again I'd get the Brigadier model also.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top