Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 12/9/2005 5:59:44 PM EDT
It is brand new.

It's been there about a year.

The price tage is 699.

It's calling out to me.

I'm having a meltdown. My problem is, I have a 1911 that I like, and I have a taurus PT92AS. The problem is the PT "feels" better in my hand. I can't help it. I like everything about my 1911 except that this beretta is calling my name and I don't know if I can resist. And just think, it would be so much cheaper to shoot. What does everyone think?
Link Posted: 12/9/2005 6:00:58 PM EDT
Seems a little high. But what the hell. Buy it. Buy it now!
Link Posted: 12/11/2005 4:50:11 PM EDT
$699 seems high to me, but I could be wrong. I bought a stainless berreta 96 at the baraboo gander mtn. a little over a year ago, it was in the $650 range.
Link Posted: 12/11/2005 5:00:55 PM EDT
If, after the 1911 and Taurus, something about the Beretta does not feel quite right, try something in the Vertec frame and see what you think!
Link Posted: 12/12/2005 4:08:17 AM EDT

Originally Posted By JosephK:
If, after the 1911 and Taurus, something about the Beretta does not feel quite right, try something in the Vertec frame and see what you think!

No no, what I meant to get across is the taurus feels alot better in my hand than the 1911. Therefore I'm pretty sure the beretta would too. Although the taurus is even fatter than a berreta yet. I think the main thing with the 1911 is the arched mainspring housing. But if I get it changed to a flat, it still may not feel as good as the taurus / berreta. It's got such a nice curved section where you hang onto it.
Link Posted: 12/12/2005 4:16:50 AM EDT
Gander will ass rape ya.

If it's been there a year and no one's touched it, there's a reason. most likely the price.

Link Posted: 12/12/2005 11:28:44 AM EDT

Originally Posted By JJREA:
It is brand new.

It's been there about a year.

The price tage is 699.

It's calling out to me.

I'm having a meltdown. My problem is, I have a 1911 that I like, and I have a taurus PT92AS. The problem is the PT "feels" better in my hand. I can't help it. I like everything about my 1911 except that this beretta is calling my name and I don't know if I can resist. And just think, it would be so much cheaper to shoot. What does everyone think?

$699 is insane. I just got my M9 last week for $580, and thats a PRK price! The MSRP for the M9 is actually the same as the standard 92FS. Dont pay more than about $40-50 over what you can get a basic 92 for. Find a local FFL and have them order one from a major distributor like Davidsons. You should be able to get it much cheaper that way.

The M9 is very nice, fit and finish is great. I took it shooting last week and it shot almost as well as my CZ75b Tactical which I have much more practice with. The action is smooth as glass too.

Here is some M9 pron to drive you mad.

Link Posted: 12/12/2005 3:42:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/12/2005 3:43:17 PM EDT by JJREA]
My dad found one for $599 at another store. What is with this M9 deal? Are they identical to what the military gets and do they come with 15 round mags????

BTW, nice pics gooch. Is it pretty accurate?
Link Posted: 12/12/2005 4:01:45 PM EDT

No no, what I meant to get across is the taurus feels a lot better in my hand than the 1911.

I should have read that a little closer....

The $700 seems high, but it will be dwarfed by the amount of ammo purchased!

I prefer the 3-dot sights of the 92fs to the M9's bar-dot, but that can be easily fixed with some paint from any hobby shop.
Link Posted: 12/12/2005 8:33:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/13/2005 9:15:42 PM EDT by The_Gooch]

My dad found one for $599 at another store. What is with this M9 deal? Are they identical to what the military gets and do they come with 15 round mags????

These are actual M9's. Beretta made extras from the last .mil contracts and is selling them to us. The M9 you will get will have 15rd mags(it comes with 2 mags), since I am in the PRK mine had to come with 10rd mags. What is nice about these is the fact that they do not have all the legalism warnings stamped into the metal like the regular 92FS. It has the military markings and the straight dustcover contour, while the 92FS has the tapered one. It has the plastic coated parts and plastic guide rod like the 92FS so dont expect them to be the older metal ones. It comes in a plain cardboard box with a graphics sleeve over the box. Nothing fancy there. No case came with it.

As far as accuracy, it was almost as accurate as my CZ75b which can make a nice fist sized hole in the center of a body shaped target at 30ft. I bet it will end up being as accurate or moreso that the CZ with more practice as I get used to it. The CZ is slightly smaller in the grip so it has an edge in ergonomics, but the M9 still felt quite nice in my hand. It is much easier to hold IMO than a double stack SIG or USP, and I have small hands and I did not mind it at all. I like the grip better than the Vertec 92's grip.

It seemed to like PMC 115gr FMJ(new production in black/copper color box) better than 115gr Wal-mart WWB value pack ammo. The PMC was hotter, and seemed to cycle the action more forcefully and gave better groupings than WWB, which seemed underpowered in comparison. It had no malfunctions at all in its first 200rds so far. Next time I will try some Blazer aluminum and see if it can shoot that stuff. That is the only ammo that has caused a jam in my otherwise perfect CZ75b. I will also see how it shoots with some 115gr Fiocchi, 115gr mag-tech, Win 9mm NATO spec ammo, and some uber-good 124gr Geco 9mm.
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 7:56:30 PM EDT

Originally Posted By The_Gooch:

These are actual M9's. Beretta made extras from the last .mil contracts and is selling them to us. The M9 you will get will have 15rd mags(it comes with 2 mags), since I am in the PRK mine had to come with 10rd mags. What is nice about these is the fact that they do not have all the legalism warnings stamped into the metal like the regualar 92FS. It has the military markings and the straight dustcover contour, while the 92FS has the tapered one. It has the plastic coated parts and plastic guide rodl ike the 92FS so dont expect them. It comes in a plain cardboard box with a graphics sleeve over the box. Nothing fancy there. No case came with it.

As far as accuracy, it was almost as accurate as my CZ75b which can make a nice fist sized hole in the center of a body shaped target at 30ft. I bet it will end up being as accurate or moreso that the CZ with more practice as I get used to it. The CZ is slightly smaller in the grip so it has an edge in ergonomics, but the M9 still felt quite nice in my hand. It is much easier to hold IMO than a double stack SIG or USP, and I have small hands and I did not mind it at all. I like the grip better than the Vertec 92's grip.

It seemed to like PMC 115gr FMJ(new production in black/copper color box) better than 115gr Wal-mart WWB value pack ammo. The PMC was hotter, and seemed to cycle the action more forcefully and gave better groupings than WWB, which seemed underpowered in comparison. It had no malfunctions at all in its first 200rds so far. Next time I will try some Blazer aluminum and see if it can shoot that stuff. That is the only ammo that has caused a jam in my otherwise perfect CZ75b. I will also see how it shoots with some 115gr Fiocchi, 115gr mag-tech, Win 9mm NATO spec ammo, and some uber-good 124gr Geco 9mm.

I think I'm going to get one!!!! You aren't helping me resist. Do you have any suggestions for a good strong side holster?
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 9:13:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/13/2005 9:16:39 PM EDT by The_Gooch]

I think I'm going to get one!!!! You aren't helping me resist. Do you have any suggestions for a good strong side holster?

If you want a nice basic holster, the Bianchi 7001 AccuMold thumbsnap model works just fine for carrying a pistol around the house or out in the boonies. I just got one for my Glock 17 and it is very light, looks like it will be very durable, and the Glock draws smoohtly out of it. I am very pleased with this holster. It retains the pistol very well. It does not slide around on the belt either. Whats cool about it is its only about $35. So not too much investment there for a very useable holster. It's lightyears better than some POS $10 universal holster you find in the CTD catalog or at a gunshow. I just wish they made one for my CZ75b. I plan on getting one for my M9, as well as my 4" S&W 686p. I have it on a Wilderness instructor belt as it has a 1.75" belt loop. If you want to put it on a 2.25" belt, just get the slightly more expensive model 7105 AccuMold Cruiser holster for about $45. It is the same basic holster, just has a bigger belt loop and optimized for wearing in a car. They come in both right and left hand versions so its great for us southpaws.
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 6:37:27 PM EDT

If you want a nice basic holster, the Bianchi 7001 AccuMold thumbsnap model works just fine for carrying a pistol around the house or out in the boonies. I just got one for my Glock 17 and it is very light, looks like it will be very durable, and the Glock draws smoohtly out of it. I am very pleased with this holster. It retains the pistol very well. It does not slide around on the belt either. Whats cool about it is its only about $35. So not too much investment there for a very useable holster. It's lightyears better than some POS $10 universal holster you find in the CTD catalog or at a gunshow. I just wish they made one for my CZ75b. I plan on getting one for my M9, as well as my 4" S&W 686p. I have it on a Wilderness instructor belt as it has a 1.75" belt loop. If you want to put it on a 2.25" belt, just get the slightly more expensive model 7105 AccuMold Cruiser holster for about $45. It is the same basic holster, just has a bigger belt loop and optimized for wearing in a car. They come in both right and left hand versions so its great for us southpaws.

Thanks man.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 8:16:39 PM EDT
We ordered one for $599 at another place. The one at Gander mountain was 699 and it was used. And it only came with one mag. They're on crack there.
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 4:50:31 AM EDT

We ordered one for $599 at another place. The one at Gander mountain was 699 and it was used. And it only came with one mag. They're on crack there.

Crack, indeed. $699 for a used Beretta?

I saw a used SIG P229 at Gander Mtn. the other day for $749! I paid $350 for a used Beretta 92FS w/ a 15 rd mag (during the ban) for $350, and I bought a used P229 on the EE for $450 w/ 3 mags. It pays to shop around.
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 9:08:46 AM EDT
At Gander Mountain last week I saw CPO Sig P226's for $709.00!!!!!!!!!!!
Yes....CPO's, NOT new.
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 6:40:44 PM EDT

Originally Posted By heydrich:
Yes....CPO's, NOT new.

Perhaps it was a 2 for 1 deal?
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 9:42:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/16/2005 9:43:05 PM EDT by The_Gooch]

Yes....CPO's, NOT new.

Thats just as bad as the CPO Sig 229 I saw for $799.

Link Posted: 12/17/2005 11:56:14 AM EDT

Yes....CPO's, NOT new.

Thats just as bad as the CPO Sig 229 I saw for $799.

They want more for their used guns then new. That's just retarded.

On another note. I just went and filled out the paperwork for my M9. I got to fondle it. It's niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii­ice. It does come in a cardboard box. But I don't care, at least it comes with 2 - 15 round mags. Yes! I get to pick it up Monday night. Now the problem is finding the time to shoot it!!!!! aaaaaahhh!!
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 12:18:42 PM EDT
I hope you enjoy it.

The more I shoot my 92 the better it gets.
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 2:23:52 PM EDT
At the gun show in West Palm Beach today they were selling M9's for $699 new... ridiculous.
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 2:36:07 PM EDT
I hate this website.

Now I want an M9.
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 7:32:09 PM EDT

Originally Posted By JustinOK34:
I hate this website.

Now I want an M9.

I know, all it does is cost us money. I'll post pics to make it harder for you to resist also. It is sweeeeet.
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 7:39:50 PM EDT

I hate this website.

Now I want an M9.

I know, all it does is cost us money. I'll post pics to make it harder for you to resist also. It is sweeeeet.

Bet you can't wait til Monday!
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 1:58:39 PM EDT

I hate this website.

Now I want an M9.

Bet you can't wait til Monday!

It's getting closer every minute!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 1:04:16 PM EDT
Another suggestion for a holster. The Safariland 5183 or similar holster. I paid 35 from Natchez. It holds the gun well, draws easily, and protects the nice finish on the gun well. A bonus is that it doesn't have one of those god awful thumb straps like the Accu Molds.

Congrats on the new gun.
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 4:57:50 PM EDT

These are actual M9's. Beretta made extras from the last .mil contracts and is selling them to us. The M9 you will get will have 15rd mags(it comes with 2 mags), since I am in the PRK mine had to come with 10rd mags. What is nice about these is the fact that they do not have all the legalism warnings stamped into the metal like the regular 92FS. It has the military markings and the straight dustcover contour, while the 92FS has the tapered one. It has the plastic coated parts and plastic guide rod like the 92FS so dont expect them to be the older metal ones. It comes in a plain cardboard box with a graphics sleeve over the box. Nothing fancy there. No case came with it.

Do you have a pic showing an M9 next to a 92FS? I'm just curious as to what the two different dustcovers look like.

JJREA,
Well???????
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 8:18:18 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/19/2005 8:19:58 PM EDT by JJREA]
Sorry it took me so long. I do not have a 92FS to stick next to it. This is my first Beretta. I have a Taurus 92AS but that's a whole different ball game. So for the M9 enthusiast, feast your eyes.
BTW, no girls in these pics.

Try and resist now JustinOK34!!!! Here's the deal. I know it's not as sought after as the 1911. I know all the guys that know better should be shooting a glock or a 1911. I know that some people say the 9mm is underpowered. I know that poeple say this things are jammasters that aren't any good in the sand (of course if they used good mags that might not be the case). I've read it all, the good, the bad the ugly. But I'll be danged if this thing just don't feel really good in the hand. And what about that DA first trigger. Well, how's that any different than the coveted DA revolver? I mean you can yank the hammer back if you want to shoot it all single action. And you only have to do it once! Any way you slice it, many guys have carried this thing hither and yon and some have even defended there life with it successfully. I like it.

Of course I will scrutinize the heck out of it with much ammo to make sure she works proper for protecting my family and I.

I hope you all enjoy the pics.
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 8:31:46 PM EDT
Congratulations...
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 6:43:20 AM EDT
Hey, that looks just like mine! Give it back!!! j/k

Nice looking pistol!
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 10:16:41 AM EDT
It's... just... so... beautiful!

Nice buy!
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 10:47:18 AM EDT

It's... just... so... beautiful!

Nice buy!

i concur
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 3:13:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/20/2005 3:14:17 PM EDT by JJREA]
Well, our numbers aren't like the 1911 forum but I think it's a dang nice pistol. Thanks for the replies.

BTW, I get the videos from the NRA and one of them was on Beretta. Very interesting history there. I can't wait to shoot it.
Top Top