Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/15/2017 10:52:53 PM EDT
What's the scoop on the 90Two? I'm about to buy one in 9mm, what should I know?

Swap for D hammer springs?
It's in "F" configuration, can it be converted to a "G"?
Does it take standard 92 barrels (I want a threaded barrel)?
Holster options?
Grips?
Link Posted: 9/16/2017 12:02:48 AM EDT
[#1]
All I know is I want a new in the box 9mm example.
Link Posted: 9/16/2017 12:02:19 PM EDT
[#2]
One of the Best 92 variants ever IMO

Thin grip is available on berettas website
Takes standard 92 barrel
D or other Wilson/Wolff springs will work

I believe there was a g conversion kit but I'm not sure mine is a factory g model. I don't know if the current g conversion will work with the 90-two
Link Posted: 9/16/2017 5:09:45 PM EDT
[#3]
They have been discontinued for awhile now. I want one too if I can ever find one.
Link Posted: 9/17/2017 1:41:33 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/17/2017 7:30:12 AM EDT
[#5]
We've got one in .40 S&W.

Pretty.

Solid.

Feels good in your hand.

Not as accurate as our CZ's.  My son bragged on it all the time, till he got the P07.  Then again, once he got the CZ 75 SA, the P07 is the neglected/lonely pistol.

It's all in what you like and what performs for you.
Link Posted: 9/17/2017 9:56:09 AM EDT
[#6]
The 90-Two was the predecessor to the 92A1. It introduced the recoil buffer designed to better handle .40 S&W. The FS safety incorporated an 'over-center' position designed to prevent accidental activation when clearing malfunctions. Most interestingly it was convertible from 'FS' to 'G' configuration well before the introduction of the current kit. The 90-Two was much maligned for its one piece grip design.  The 90-Two definitely deviates from the standard 92 design - frame, slide, safety, grips are not interchangeable - not sure what else.

Personally I'm not a fan of either the 90-Two or 92A1, but between the two I find the 90-Two the more interesting pistol due to the convertible levers.  Still, I think the 90-Two is what you get when you decide to let Giorgetto Giugiaro (a prestigious automobile designer) design your pistol, where as the Elite I/II/92G-SD/Vertec G are what you get when you let the Beretta Shooting Team design pistols.

And 90-Two has got to be one of the worst product names ever.

If you want a threaded barrel, G-compatability, ability to change grips, and a standard 'D' spring out of the box, why not just get the M9A3?
Link Posted: 9/17/2017 10:19:21 AM EDT
[#7]
I'd rather get a M9A3, and it's probably easier to find one too.

The 90two would be attractive if trying to round out a M9/92fs collection of all variants, but otherwise it's a pistol that is frozen in time and as such......really only good for collecting.
Link Posted: 9/17/2017 3:42:53 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 9/17/2017 4:16:40 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The 90-Two was the predecessor to the 92A1. It introduced the recoil buffer designed to better handle .40 S&W. The FS safety incorporated an 'over-center' position designed to prevent accidental activation when clearing malfunctions. Most interestingly it was convertible from 'FS' to 'G' configuration well before the introduction of the current kit. The 90-Two was much maligned for its one piece grip design.  The 90-Two definitely deviates from the standard 92 design - frame, slide, safety, grips are not interchangeable - not sure what else.

Personally I'm not a fan of either the 90-Two or 92A1, but between the two I find the 90-Two the more interesting pistol due to the convertible levers.  Still, I think the 90-Two is what you get when you decide to let Giorgetto Giugiaro (a prestigious automobile designer) design your pistol, where as the Elite I/II/92G-SD/Vertec G are what you get when you let the Beretta Shooting Team design pistols.

And 90-Two has got to be one of the worst product names ever.

If you want a threaded barrel, G-compatability, ability to change grips, and a standard 'D' spring out of the box, why not just get the M9A3?
View Quote
I would prefer the M9A3 but for the price I'm getting the 90Two for now. May still get a M9A3 eventually but this is 1/3 the price.
Link Posted: 9/22/2017 1:04:40 AM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'd rather get a M9A3, and it's probably easier to find one too.

The 90two would be attractive if trying to round out a M9/92fs collection of all variants, but otherwise it's a pistol that is frozen in time and as such......really only good for collecting.
View Quote
I concur. I owned a like new 90Two in 9mm. It was a nice pistol, but I only shot it once, and it just sat in the safe, so I sold it. Now I have an M9A3 and I shoot it all the time.

I also have a 92A1, which is what I would recommend if you plan on shooting a lot. Unless you are dead set on the style of the 90Two, it doesn't offer much over the 92A1.

My 90two with my 92A1, M9A1 Compact, and 21a:
Link Posted: 9/28/2017 6:17:20 AM EDT
[#11]
For me the 90-Two is intresting because it showed that Beretta can update the design. So I want one mostly from the collectors standpoint of having an intresting pistol from Berettas history.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top