Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/1/2017 7:00:29 AM EDT
my M9 has the "G" kit installed ,and I have never had an issue with it.  my truck/Range gun 92FS has the stock Decocker/safety... and has been failing to work.
History: gun is about a year old, bought it used very low round count (owner said he fired 50 rounds)  I have since put a bit over 2000 rounds through it. I installed the "D" spring, Wilson combat short reach trigger, WC enhanced hammer, and WC reduced trigger return spring. I have never had a issue of any kind till I started  running  a quick fire two shot double action to single action draw. in between I would hit the safety down and it would decock and I would flip it back into fire position. well several times I would engage the safety and the hammer failed to drop . I would repeat and it would work fine...this went on for about 5 minutes off and on before I switched to my other pistol.
any thoughts?  
Gun is clean, I clean it every 500 rounds
I did take it down and visually inpect the whole safety unit, hammer, hammer strut, and all the other internals...I saw nothing that looked bad or wrong.
this is a nightstand gun and I prefer the safety on this one or I would have already installed the extra G kit I have sitting here.
Link Posted: 9/1/2017 8:59:53 AM EDT
[#1]
Did you install the Wilson action tune trigger bar also? I do know those require minor fitting in some pistols.

Maybe an issue with the Wilson hammer with its different geometry is causing it to hand up when decocked. Try going back to factory hammer
Link Posted: 9/1/2017 10:37:24 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Did you install the Wilson action tune trigger bar also? I do know those require minor fitting in some pistols.

Maybe an issue with the Wilson hammer with its different geometry is causing it to hand up when decocked. Try going back to factory hammer
View Quote
No I didnt install the action tune bar in this one... I am going to put the stock hammer back in and see if it solved the issue... thanks...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top