Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/9/2017 12:29:58 PM EDT
I'm thinking about asking the wife for an M9 or M9A1 for my birthday next month, who has the best deal on them?

I had a 96 years ago and I miss it.
Link Posted: 8/9/2017 3:42:07 PM EDT
[#1]
PM sent
Link Posted: 8/10/2017 9:47:42 AM EDT
[#2]
M9's are kinda everywhere, but you'll have your work cut out for you trying to locate an M9A1 in stock. I bought a used one after a month and a half of searching. 
Link Posted: 8/10/2017 12:28:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
PM sent
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
PM sent
Replied.

Quoted:
M9's are kinda everywhere, but you'll have your work cut out for you trying to locate an M9A1 in stock. I bought a used one after a month and a half of searching. 
Yeah, I asked about the A1 some months back and got a similar reply, it seems they are pushing the A3.

I may look at one of those as I like the features a lot, but that color scheme.
Link Posted: 8/10/2017 12:46:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Also interested in finding deals.  $600 seems to be the going rate for new, and $450-$550 for used/like new
Link Posted: 8/11/2017 11:17:44 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Yeah, I asked about the A1 some months back and got a similar reply, it seems they are pushing the A3.

View Quote
I WILL own an A3 eventually, but the color (or multitude of them) is one thing I dislike about them. That's about it though. For me, they are the perfect 92. I do wish they were a tad cheaper too, but they have quite a bit of value that comes with them with the vertec  frame, night sights, and threaded barrel, so I can be convinced that they are worth it. 
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 12:44:58 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I WILL own an A3 eventually, but the color (or multitude of them) is one thing I dislike about them. That's about it though. For me, they are the perfect 92. I do wish they were a tad cheaper too, but they have quite a bit of value that comes with them with the vertec  frame, night sights, and threaded barrel, so I can be convinced that they are worth it. 
View Quote
They should be cheaper IMO. My suppressor ready CZ SP01 came with just as many features while retailing at only 60-70% of the price (and actually had suppressor height night sights).

I actually dislike the Vertec frame and quickly put on the one-piece grip set with the traditional backstrap angle. With the Vertec frame, trigger reach feels too short.
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 10:23:17 PM EDT
[#7]
edited wrong topic.
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 1:05:30 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I kind of want to make an M9a2, personally... seeing as that was to be an M9 or M9a1 with an M9a3 slide and barrel, it would be cool to get an M9a1 and M9a3, refinish the M9a3's upper parts in black, and put them together.
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 2:09:20 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 2:50:32 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I kind of want to make an M9a2, personally... seeing as that was to be an M9 or M9a1 with an M9a3 slide and barrel, it would be cool to get an M9a1 and M9a3, refinish the M9a3's upper parts in black, and put them together.
View Quote
I've done this.  I put a 92 Vertec slide, night sights and threaded barrel on my M9A1.  It's my house gun and it's every bit as nice as you think it would be.  It's a pistol Beretta should have built.
Link Posted: 10/22/2017 4:53:51 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote
That's why I went with the A3. I was shopping the 92A1 and M9A3. If you do a dollar for dollar comparison between the two, the difference is worth it.  The driving factor for me was the night sights (couldn't find a 92A1 with night sights), threaded barrel, and the sweet case/box/presentation (I'm only half kidding there).

That being said...they aren't cheap. At ~$900 or so...I had to go back and forth for a bit before I decided to bite the bullet and go with the A3.  I think that's why they backed off on the price (off MSRP).  At $1,000+...they aren't going to be moving many of these.  Even at $900 or so...someone has to be both ok with spending that amount of money on a handgun (that's the most I've ever spent on a handgun) AND ok with the color of it.  Personally...I LOVE the color of it, but I'm sure there are plenty of people out there that aren't thrilled with it.

On the price...if it was less wallet-rapey...I'd consider getting another one someday.  Given the price, I'll probably just get a regular M9 for my next Beretta.
Link Posted: 11/9/2017 9:58:32 PM EDT
[#12]
Anyone looking for an M9A1, a guy on a local gun trader just posted one for $470. If you browse around you will find good deals on Inox and standard 92FS as well. Lately I have been running across M9A1 compacts on there as well. Not my ad, just sharing with you all where I find a lot of my Beretta deals.

https://www.theoutdoorstrader.com/threads/fs-ft-beretta-92fs.1545352/
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top