Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/9/2017 8:58:43 AM EDT
I am very interested in the APX and while looking through the manual I saw that there is an option of a manual thumb safety. I know the option of a thumb safety on a striker pistol is not looked upon highly by some people, but to be honest I prefer them. From the way it reads in the manual it would seem that this can be added after the fact and doesn't need to be purchased that way. Can anybody confirm this? If this is the case, does anybody know if Beretta plans on releasing part kits for this in the future?
Link Posted: 8/9/2017 7:37:29 PM EDT
[#1]
It can be added afaik, but they haven't been offered for sale yet.
Link Posted: 8/10/2017 2:27:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 8:28:26 AM EDT
[#3]
FYI I received this email from Beretta this morning regarding this.

Thank you for contacting Beretta Firearms Technical Support.

Unfortunately, the manuals as originally written had taken into account various features that would have been available on the Army submission version of the APX. However, some of these features did not make it to full completion as the APX was not selected for the MHS program. At this time, there are no thumb safety or adjustable sight options as the manual may mention, however, they are still being considered by our product design team as a possible future upgrade. There is no time frame as to when this might occur.

Thank you for your inquiry.
View Quote
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top