Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/2/2017 10:00:22 AM EDT
Has anyone tried using a high temp o-ring to keep the M9A3 thread protector from unthreading while firing? If so, did it work and what size did you use?
Link Posted: 8/2/2017 10:52:25 AM EDT
[#1]
What about a dot of blue loctite on the threads I have done this with thread protectors.  I let it dry (on the protectors threads) before installing and it gives the threads something to catch on and not back off.
Link Posted: 8/2/2017 12:32:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Mine would work loose when hand tight, I use a piece of thick leather so I don't marr the finish and tighten with pliers and it stays put.
Link Posted: 8/5/2017 11:43:39 AM EDT
[#3]
The best answer is to replace the thread protector ...

with a suppressor.

Otherwise, yes an o-ring will work.  I just bought a box of different sized ones for 5 bucks and found one that worked.  Haven't had any melting issues, and these are just plumbing ones.
Link Posted: 8/5/2017 11:48:50 AM EDT
[#4]
I just grabbed a bunch of O-rings from ACE Hardware. Keep a bunch in my range bag, they are cheap.
Link Posted: 8/5/2017 12:02:52 PM EDT
[#5]
I use an o ring on my CZ. Works well. 
Link Posted: 8/5/2017 3:33:54 PM EDT
[#6]
Beretta is supplying them with a baggy of o-rings.
Link Posted: 8/6/2017 1:36:12 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I just grabbed a bunch of O-rings from ACE Hardware. Keep a bunch in my range bag, they are cheap.
View Quote
Any idea on the diameter? Thanks
Link Posted: 9/11/2017 12:23:49 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote
@cccpNyC
What size o-ring are you getting?
Link Posted: 9/11/2017 2:24:15 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
@cccpNyC
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
@cccpNyC
@afunderjack
@beaverpelt
I'll have to check when I get home, but I just brought my 1911 and ppq22 barrels (unattached to the rest of the gun ) and matched up sizes. The guy helping me was like oh nice what kind of guns, we had a whole long discussion.
Link Posted: 9/11/2017 7:40:10 PM EDT
[#10]
Would these work on Beretta barrels?
Link Posted: 10/22/2017 12:04:40 AM EDT
[#11]
This is an old thread, but new M9A3's are shipping with O-rings and like 4 (maybe?) extra O-rings that come in a package with a part number.  You may be able to order them from Beretta?  I don't know if they changed the way the thread protector works though.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top