Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/27/2017 1:35:00 AM EDT
Tell me about your experiences with this gun.

I held one recently and really fell in love with it.

I have not however handled a standard PX4.

Is the difference worth the money?
Link Posted: 7/27/2017 1:43:30 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Tell me about your experiences with this gun.

I held one recently and really fell in love with it.

I have not however handled a standard PX4.

Is the difference worth the money?
View Quote

I think it is. A standard PX4C is about $500 or so and you can find the PX4CC for around $700 a difference of about $200. Right out of the gate the CC comes with night sights, an extra mag, competition trigger group and grip texture pieces that I forget what they are called. Finally you have the cerakoted slide which is nice because the finish on the standard PX4 is not that great. So cerakoting of top gives it a little better finish that is more durable. I feel you more than get your moneys worth because you couldn't build the same set up for $700 unless you found a great deal on a used PX4 to start and even then it would be hard to beat the total price of the CC.

I hope this really long response answered your question.
Link Posted: 7/27/2017 1:40:18 PM EDT
[#2]
A couple of months ago I was at the local indoor range with my daughter .

The guy in the next lane had a standard size PX4.  I asked to shoot it and I was impressed.
Great trigger for a DA/SA, great fit in my hand and for me it was very accurate.
I let my 24yo daughter shoot it loved it and boy does she want one, badly.
Link Posted: 7/27/2017 2:20:07 PM EDT
[#3]
I have one that I had nickel boron finished.   I had it done because it's a keeper.  It's a great 9mm.
Link Posted: 7/27/2017 2:48:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 7/28/2017 7:07:21 PM EDT
[#5]
That's what I was afraid of. Thanks fellas. Now to find one in stock!
Link Posted: 8/1/2017 6:22:43 PM EDT
[#6]
Well I think I got the deal of the century on one so I couldn't pass it up. Holy hamhocks I love this thing! If I can shoot it I'll sell two pistols it can replace duty for. Thanks for steering me right all.

I do have a couple questions.

Is there any way to reduce the travel of the DA pull?

Does the PX4 need any spring upgrades etc for enhanced operatingnn
Link Posted: 8/1/2017 8:23:13 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Well I think I got the deal of the century on one so I couldn't pass it up. Holy hamhocks I love this thing! If I can shoot it I'll sell two pistols it can replace duty for. Thanks for steering me right all.

I do have a couple questions.

Is there any way to reduce the travel of the DA pull?

Does the PX4 need any spring upgrades etc for enhanced operatingnn
View Quote
Did you get a standard PX4c or a Compact Carry, you can get an enhanced trigger group for the standard and it will reduce SA and DA trigger pull by quite a lot but I don't think it changes the travel.

I put a D-spring in mine and it decreased SA and DA pull by about a pound.

http://www.berettausa.com/en-us/px4-comptrigger-group/c8c205/
Link Posted: 8/1/2017 9:10:46 PM EDT
[#8]
I have a regular px4 and it's s great pistol, it actually impressed me a quite a bit.

Arms unlimited still has the full size 9mm with g levers for 375$
Link Posted: 8/2/2017 1:01:15 AM EDT
[#9]
It's the Compact Carry. Not sure if it has the D spring or not but it does have the competition trigger group.
Link Posted: 8/7/2017 1:59:49 AM EDT
[#10]
The PX4 Compact Carry is the best out of the box handgun I've ever shot. And I am not a Beretta guy, or at least I wasn't. I'm going to give it a few more range sessions to be sure, but as long as it doesn't have any failures it will replace multiple pistols. I put several hundred rounds through it back to back with several of my other guns, and I felt a noticeable difference in the recoil impulse.

It's truly amazing. I had expectations for it, but it far surpassed every one of them.
Link Posted: 8/7/2017 8:29:14 AM EDT
[#11]
Good to hear!!
Link Posted: 8/28/2017 4:31:07 PM EDT
[#12]
I love my PX4 compact.  I paid $399 for it around a year ago (and got the 2 free mags and mag pouch deal), I've added grip tape panels and converted it to a G model. Other than that, I've done nothing other than shoot it a lot.  

Had the Compact Carry been available when I bought mine I would probably have jumped on it, but since I've already done everything to mine that I want and feel that it needs, I'll pass unless one shows up at some really stellar price.
Link Posted: 10/17/2017 6:17:21 PM EDT
[#13]
I don't have the CC but I got the stainless compact before the CC came out. It's a pleasure to shoot and relatively light to carry for a double stack DA/SA. Anyway, I've been contemplating switching out the trigger for the steel competition one. Lo and behold, DVOR is having a sale on this trigger as well as the trigger group. Couldn't resist upgrading my compact, so now I'm waiting for the parts. Looking forward to an even better pistol after the parts swap!
Link Posted: 2/5/2018 11:08:19 PM EDT
[#14]
Over the course of this thread I am uncertain about how many models there are in the PX4 family. It seems that there is reference to Standard, Compact, Compact Carry and Sub Compact unless it is just a matter of different people using different words.  Or did the Compact Carry replace the Compact? I am interested in the Compact size but are there two different models of the Compact?
Link Posted: 2/6/2018 1:44:46 AM EDT
[#15]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Over the course of this thread I am uncertain about how many models there are in the PX4 family. It seems that there is reference to Standard, Compact, Compact Carry and Sub Compact unless it is just a matter of different people using different words.  Or did the Compact Carry replace the Compact? I am interested in the Compact size but are there two different models of the Compact?
View Quote
There are 3 sizes - full, compact, and a  sub compact which does not have the rotating barrel.

The compact carry is a version of the compact created with Ernest Langdon that's basically an upgraded compact.

There is a full size "carry" version coming out now as well with all the same upgrades as the compact carry.
Link Posted: 2/6/2018 2:58:21 PM EDT
[#16]
OP, can we get a pic?

How much was your deal of the century?

I'm interested in one of these.  I really like  DA/SA trigger and thinking about going that route for a carry gun.  I would really like something single stack, but I don't know....
Link Posted: 2/6/2018 8:25:56 PM EDT
[#17]
I’ll get a pic tonight, but it’s standard to what you can find online. I got it for $635 our the door locally. I’ve seen cheaper online now but that was like $75 less than I had seen it anywhere at the time before transfer fees.

I’ve put over a couple thousand rounds through it this point and it keeps running flawlessly, all kinds of cheap ammo all the way up to higher priced defensive ammo.

Everyone is different and there’s still a few minor tweaks I would do before I call it perfect but for me it’s amazing out of the box. I simply don’t want to shoot any of my other pistols. I did put a Wilson Combat Silicon Hammer spring in it to lighten the pull weights a tad.

I sold my Legion 229, but I wish this trigger had the short reset of the Sig, and the tackiness of the G10 grips but I prefer everything else on the Px4 CC. The Talon grips it comes with make the grip a wash basically though.

I will end up replacing the rear sight with tritium dots as it’s hard for me to feel comfortable with quick POA in the dark.

Those are my only changes to call it perfect.

I’m going to buy another strictly for carry after I break it in and this one will be my beater. I’ve never owned two of the same gun before if that tells you anything about how much I like it.

I have a single stack for when I’m dressing super light but for me the accuracy, control, trigger and capacity make it worth it to carry double stack 99.9% of the time.

To each their own and only you can decide what’s best for you, but I strongly suggest trying to find someone locally to let you put some rounds through.
Link Posted: 2/7/2018 12:07:31 PM EDT
[#18]
I could see that gun being a gun that does it all.  HD and carry.  It would be nice.  What do you carry it in?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top