Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/26/2017 11:42:09 AM EDT
Link Posted: 7/26/2017 12:02:24 PM EDT
[#1]
I like it. I just wish they used a vertec slide with the dovetail front sight.
Link Posted: 7/26/2017 8:15:58 PM EDT
[#2]
This is a big meh. With the exception of the grips there is nothing special here. The D hammer spring and steel trigger already are sold as a package. As is the G lever. The rear sight is the same as the M9A1.

I would have liked to have seen some front and back strap checkering. A beveled magwell and a dovetailed front sight.

I guess it is good they are making these but I want to see more A3s, A1s and A1 compacts.
Link Posted: 7/26/2017 9:25:44 PM EDT
[#3]
No a Langdon edition... Wonderful.

I just want a standard goddamn Brigadier 92 with a railed frame for less than $800. Is that so much to ask for?
Link Posted: 7/26/2017 10:16:55 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
No a Langdon edition... Wonderful.

I just want a standard goddamn Brigadier 92 with a railed frame for less than $800. Is that so much to ask for?
View Quote
I just don't want Beretta to end up like Sig where they have 87 different models and none of them in stock.
Link Posted: 7/27/2017 6:44:26 AM EDT
[#5]
Meh
Link Posted: 7/27/2017 6:54:54 AM EDT
[#6]
It's pretty cool when a guy will put his name on a 700$ gun instead of a $2000 gun but there better be his name on it.  Otherwise no buy.
Link Posted: 7/27/2017 9:48:45 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 7/29/2017 10:00:23 AM EDT
[#8]
I have one reserved. It's my first gun purchase in over 2 years. Langdon has said on another forum that these are meant to be lightly upgraded 92 models with the features most people want to add for a decent price. The only models that Beretta USA is really producing at the moment are the M9A3, the Brig Tac, and military contract M9s. So Beretta is using what is cheaper to produce to make a lightly upgraded pistol.

I'm really looking forward to the real Langdon 92. I made a pretty detailed and lengthy post about it on here, around June of last year. He said that pistol (M9A1 frame/Vertec slide hybrid, he's called it Langdon Elite a few times.) has been pushed back due to the backlog of A3s, and Brig Tacs, along with still filling an M9 order for the military. So because that's pushed back he convinced Beretta to release this pistol for those of us (me included) who have been nagging the piss out of him. I'm really looking forward to that pistol, I honestly want 2 of them. I think the earliest we will see them is Q2 next year, but even later wouldn't surprise me. Beretta seems to have a lot of irons in the fire. Heck, even just the plans they have cooking with Langdon is a lot to work with: LTT Px4 full size, with another special robar release, LTT92 Elite, LTT1301... plus who knows what else.

-Cory
Link Posted: 7/29/2017 10:02:26 AM EDT
[#9]
On Beretta Forum Langdon said this:
Hey, guys, I know I don't post here much. But I do come over and read what you guys are saying. You are being heard.

This gun is not supposed to be "the gun". It is just another M9 with some cool features at a good price point. We could argue all the details of what it should be or what it should cost till the cows come home. And if we are being honest that is what some of you like to do, right?? Fair enough, there is some fun in that as well.

Keep in mind that getting gun companies to listen is not easy, but we are making progress with Beretta. I am working to develop a track record of success on projects like these. The start really was the Wilson Brigadier Tactical, which I helped with back when all that started. That got Beretta's attention and we have seen a lot of the guns we all love come back in short runs. Vertecs, G-SDs, Brigadiers, etc. Those guns were all but gone until the Wilson Combat project.

The Compact Carry has also been successful and I am hoping this M9 project is successful as well. The more successful they are the more Beretta listens and the more likely they are to make the changes we all want.

Great things are coming and most of what you guys want is in the future plans if I get my way. Maybe even some things you thought would never happen. But we need to be successful in these small projects as well. The more successful they are, the faster the other good stuff comes.
View Quote
So to me, that sounds like he is campaigning to make dovetail fronts a constant on Beretta 92s. If the suggestions that Langdon pitches keep selling well, then we are going to see a lot of awesome stuff coming. I'm hoping that means more G models, front sight dovetails, compacts, checkering and magwells. My bet is it really means front sight dovetails and maybe G models. Either way I'm pretty sure that Beretta is going to join the modern day in the next 2 years.

-Cory
Link Posted: 7/29/2017 12:49:23 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 7/29/2017 2:20:50 PM EDT
[#11]
I reserved one because I want a beretta made in Tennessee for the collection, but it should come with 17rd mags too instead of 15. But I am glad it's coming with 3 of them for the price.
Link Posted: 7/29/2017 2:24:50 PM EDT
[#12]
For me, the only non-dovetailed front sight models I have are compacts. Everything else is a Brigadier slide. I'd love to see the Vertec slide take over though, as I might actually pick one up them.

For that matter, make the Compacts with dovetailed fronts, too!
Link Posted: 7/29/2017 3:08:01 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I reserved one because I want a beretta made in Tennessee for the collection, but it should come with 17rd mags too instead of 15. But I am glad it's coming with 3 of them for the price.
View Quote
The slides and frames are M9 markings. So while it's a Tennessee made gun don't expect to see Gallatin, TN marked anywhere.

I think they have a lot of good value added to a standard M9. On a dream 92 of course I want the vertec slide for the dovetail, but that's coming eventually with the LTT Elite pistol.

-Cory
Link Posted: 9/8/2017 11:22:01 AM EDT
[#14]
Just pre ordered the Langdon M9
Link Posted: 9/8/2017 9:58:42 PM EDT
[#15]
For a long time Beretta has been able to get away with being complacent in the marketplace because they had massive govt contracts to keep things running. Those days are over. If Beretta wan't to continue to have a strong showing in the market and be competitive with companies like CZ and Sig that still produce classic alloy framed pistols they are going to need to fully evolve. None of this sticking your toe in the water nonsense either. They have a little momentum right now but it will not last if they do not evolve. We are on the back half of 2017, there is no reason to not have a dovetailed front sight, easily convertible G levers and a railed frame. In addition to that front and back strap checkering as well as magwell beveling should be standard. While I like the Vertec frame, honestly I can live without it, but the standard "Beretta 92", needs to have the features mentioned above to be standard without exception. Otherwise why not buy a P series Sig or a CZ? The A3 showed us all that Beretta has the ability to give us that easily. Now they need to really work to make the A3 the new standard for Beretta.
Link Posted: 9/8/2017 10:56:29 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
For a long time Beretta has been able to get away with being complacent in the marketplace because they had massive govt contracts to keep things running. Those days are over. If Beretta wan't to continue to have a strong showing in the market and be competitive with companies like CZ and Sig that still produce classic alloy framed pistols they are going to need to fully evolve. None of this sticking your toe in the water nonsense either. They have a little momentum right now but it will not last if they do not evolve. We are on the back half of 2017, there is no reason to not have a dovetailed front sight, easily convertible G levers and a railed frame. In addition to that front and back strap checkering as well as magwell beveling should be standard. While I like the Vertec frame, honestly I can live without it, but the standard "Beretta 92", needs to have the features mentioned above to be standard without exception. Otherwise why not buy a P series Sig or a CZ? The A3 showed us all that Beretta has the ability to give us that easily. Now they need to really work to make the A3 the new standard for Beretta.
View Quote
They gave people that and then some in 2006/07 with the 90-two it had a modular grip way back then before most guns but It was kind of a flop. I still think the 90-two is the best 92 variant still to date, they just look better with a 92a1 slide
Link Posted: 9/9/2017 1:33:34 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

They gave people that and then some in 2006/07 with the 90-two it had a modular grip way back then before most guns but It was kind of a flop. I still think the 90-two is the best 92 variant still to date, they just look better with a 92a1 slide
View Quote
Agreed. That's my point though. We all know what Beretta is capable of. Now they need to produce that product full time. Not limited runs.
Link Posted: 9/12/2017 7:22:45 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
This is a big meh. With the exception of the grips there is nothing special here. The D hammer spring and steel trigger already are sold as a package. As is the G lever. The rear sight is the same as the M9A1.

I would have liked to have seen some front and back strap checkering. A beveled magwell and a dovetailed front sight.

I guess it is good they are making these but I want to see more A3s, A1s and A1 compacts.
View Quote
I got the email for it a few weeks ago. I was actually pretty excited about it until I started reading it's feature list and my excitement faded away fairly quickly.
Link Posted: 9/14/2017 10:33:58 AM EDT
[#19]
Does anyone know if the Langdon M9 will have any special markings?  Also what will the production numbers be?
Link Posted: 9/14/2017 10:58:37 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Just pre ordered the Langdon M9
View Quote
Do they want a deposit ?
Link Posted: 9/14/2017 11:00:43 AM EDT
[#21]
I have two M9's set up like this already but if I was just starting out I'd buy one .
Link Posted: 9/14/2017 11:00:52 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Do they want a deposit ?
View Quote
No you pay 100% up front
Link Posted: 10/29/2017 3:38:38 PM EDT
[#23]
Does Buds charge your card right away? Or only when it's ready to ship?
Link Posted: 10/29/2017 3:57:36 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Does Buds charge your card right away? Or only when it's ready to ship?
View Quote
My card was charged the day I reserved it.
Link Posted: 10/29/2017 4:41:40 PM EDT
[#25]
According to people in the know over on Beretta Forum it won’t be this year .
Link Posted: 10/31/2017 12:09:04 PM EDT
[#26]
Looks good - good price too
Link Posted: 10/31/2017 8:54:03 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
According to people in the know over on Beretta Forum it won’t be this year .
View Quote
I'm the guy who said Q1 2018 on Beretta forum. I'm hardly anyone in the know, I just know what the Beretta customer service phone number is.

Speaking of which, i don't think the rep who told me that knew what they were talking about at all. Ernest Langdon stated on pistol-forum that a run of LE guns could be the hold up. An LE order shouldnt be that long of a hold up.

-Cory
Link Posted: 11/1/2017 12:14:29 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote
Disagree.

If they have other models that are readily available with all of those features, why do the same thing over again, while shrinking the lineup?

The standard 92FS may not be tacticool, but it's still a valid option, even with all of the competition. Much like a standard CZ75B.
Link Posted: 11/13/2017 5:31:38 PM EDT
[#29]
Mine shipped today. A month late isn't too bad.
Link Posted: 11/15/2017 9:53:42 PM EDT
[#30]
Just picked it up minutes ago from my ffl. The orange dot looks great, the m9 straight dust cover and non radiused back strap look great and work well with the thin grips. I have a few sets of vz grips but the texture on these is unique and should work nicely. Fit and finish is excellent. New g lever is cool.

Link Posted: 11/15/2017 10:57:35 PM EDT
[#31]
Does it say made in TN anywhere on it?
Link Posted: 11/15/2017 11:54:18 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View Quote
It's almost bittersweet for me.

I'm glad that they're giving the middle finger to a liberal state, but the Accokeek rollmark is so familiar, it's sad to see it go.
Link Posted: 11/16/2017 11:07:17 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View Quote
No but the paper included in the pics - bottom left corner is the Tennessee state flag and it says "made in gallatin tn" underneath it.
Link Posted: 11/16/2017 10:21:33 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

No but the paper included in the pics - bottom left corner is the Tennessee state flag and it says "made in gallatin tn" underneath it.
View Quote
I saw that. Pretty neat.  I wonder if any models have made in TN on the actual gun?
Link Posted: 11/16/2017 11:15:52 PM EDT
[#35]
Kinda want, not gonna run at them with my money but it looks nice.
Link Posted: 11/16/2017 11:30:35 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
I saw that. Pretty neat.  I wonder if any models have made in TN on the actual gun?
View Quote
My M9A3 has "Gallatin, TN - Made in USA" on the slide.
Link Posted: 11/17/2017 1:00:03 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View Quote
Thanks.
Link Posted: 11/17/2017 1:22:54 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Thanks.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks.
I have 92fs, vertec, and m9a3 slides all stamped  made in gallatin
Link Posted: 12/8/2017 6:57:21 PM EDT
[#39]
Sorta gotta have
Link Posted: 1/28/2018 8:41:21 AM EDT
[#40]
What's the update on these? Those that have them how do you like them ?
Link Posted: 1/28/2018 8:21:32 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
What's the update on these? Those that have them how do you like them ?
View Quote
There great. I had a trigger job done and it's even better.
Link Posted: 1/29/2018 6:55:04 PM EDT
[#42]
Does the Langdon edition have steel trigger , recoil rod and decocker/safety?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top