Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/17/2017 10:09:54 AM EDT
I recently bought a new (to me) 92fs and it came with two preban mags. Are these worth anything or do I just throw them in the mix with the rest of my mags?
Link Posted: 7/17/2017 12:54:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Shop them in the Massachusetts HF.
Link Posted: 7/17/2017 10:43:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Worth something in communist areas. How much? Depends on their condition and who you're selling to.

Surplus USGI mags can be had $15 apiece, though it's a crapshoot as to how many, if any, will be pre-ban.

Old Beretta-made OEM mags with aluminum baseplates/followers and the cutout for a heel mag catch are the most likely candidates, there are a few ways to tell if they're pre-ban if you look into the subject. Buddy of mine used to scoop them up dirt cheap, replace the springs with Wolff ones, and sell the mags for $40+ apiece in ban states.
Link Posted: 7/18/2017 4:14:55 AM EDT
[#3]
OP feel free to do what you like, they are your mags but I will tell you my take on pre-ban mags; When I get pre-ban mags I offer them up for sale at the same price a regular mag would go for. I make sure my ad states that the only acceptable buyers are from ban states, that I will not sell to someone in a free state so they can flip them. We are in this fight together and when I stumble on some pre-ban mags I would rather they go to someone who could use them without that person having to pay a premium. I remember what it was like living through the AWB years.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 8:17:05 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
OP feel free to do what you like, they are your mags but I will tell you my take on pre-ban mags; When I get pre-ban mags I offer them up for sale at the same price a regular mag would go for. I make sure my ad states that the only acceptable buyers are from ban states, that I will not sell to someone in a free state so they can flip them. We are in this fight together and when I stumble on some pre-ban mags I would rather they go to someone who could use them without that person having to pay a premium. I remember what it was like living through the AWB years.
View Quote
You are a good dude. I recently inquired about some preban AR mags from a seller here and he wants $35 on what should be a $10 mag. Insane.

OP, if you sell them, let me know. My dad lives in MA and could always use some preban mags for his beretta.
Link Posted: 7/24/2017 12:12:56 PM EDT
[#5]
shouldn't be much of a premium, Beretta 92s were one of the few if perhaps only pistol where the mags didn't command a huge premium during the 1994 AWB timeframe.
Link Posted: 7/26/2017 7:53:06 AM EDT
[#6]
Dumb question, but how do you tell a Beretta 92 mag is pre ban?
Link Posted: 8/9/2017 11:26:51 PM EDT
[#7]
The way the v is cut into the side. One is flat at the bottom of the v. The white follower is indicative but not a definite confirmation.

@Shooter_556

I put a message up in the mass htf. Let me know if you are interested, I don't need to make any money off these but would like to break even (mag wise)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top