Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/4/2017 3:35:02 PM EDT
I got a Beretta 92G Vertec Police Trade-In, and sent it off to Wilson Combat to let them do their magic.  The Beretta looks like it wasn't shot very much, but the exterior was pretty rough.  Well, it looks like a masterpiece now, and shoots like a dream.  It's not cheap to get the Wilson Combat treatment, but this is a handgun that I'll keep forever, and then hand down through the generations.  Thought you might enjoy the pictures.  Here's the spec sheet:

Wilson Combat Parts:
• G10 Vertec Gray/Black Grips with Hex Grip Screws
• Short Reach Steel Trigger
• Deluxe Hammer
• Oversize Checkered Steel Magazine Release
• Red Fiber Optic Front Sight
• Flat Square Notch Rear Sight
• Fluted Steel Guide Rod
• Chrome Silicon Spring Kit

Wilson Combat Custimization:
• Armor-Tuff Gray: Frame and Slide
• Armor-Tuff Black: Everything Else
• Checker Frontstrap and Backstrap
• De-Horn
• Contour Magazine Well
• Action Tune

Before Pictures:

After Pictures:

Link Posted: 7/4/2017 3:48:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Beautiful work by Wilson. I own a WC Brigidier Tactical and love it. Those police trade-in 92G Vertec's are not cheap.
Link Posted: 7/4/2017 4:09:19 PM EDT
[#2]
nice gun
Link Posted: 7/4/2017 4:09:59 PM EDT
[#3]
nice gun
Link Posted: 7/4/2017 7:37:33 PM EDT
[#4]
I just want to know where you got a 92G police trade in.
Link Posted: 7/4/2017 7:40:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote
X2
Link Posted: 7/4/2017 9:40:42 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote
I bought the Police Trade-In off GunBroker for $750.  Pretty expensive, but the supply is pretty scarce for 92G Vertecs.
Link Posted: 7/4/2017 9:45:06 PM EDT
[#7]
Well done!
Link Posted: 7/4/2017 9:48:41 PM EDT
[#8]
That came out well.  
Link Posted: 7/4/2017 10:59:13 PM EDT
[#9]
Was the right side safety a little loose and wiggly before you sent it in? Were those factory night sights with white nail polish in them beforr the Wilson sights?
Link Posted: 7/4/2017 11:34:35 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 7/5/2017 7:03:25 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Was the right side safety a little loose and wiggly before you sent it in? Were those factory night sights with white nail polish in them beforr the Wilson sights?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Yes, the right side lever was loose, and it was pretty scuffed up too.  I actually bought a replacement decocker lever from Allegheny Arms & Gun Works.  That was the only place I could find a Beretta OEM steel decocker lever.  They charged $45 shipped for the replacement lever.  I just sent that in to Wilson Combat, along with the pistol.  I thought about just getting Wilson Combat's single-sided decocker lever, but I like the ambi ones better.

The original sights were 3-dot sights.  They weren't tritium sights, just white paint dots.

Quoted:
Nice.

What kind of cost?
I bought the Police Trade-In off GunBroker for $750.  The replacement decocker lever was $45.  And the Wilson Combat bill was around $800.

As they say, "Buy once, cry once".  I'm over my crying now, so I can enjoy it!
Link Posted: 7/5/2017 7:25:13 AM EDT
[#12]
How does it shoot?
Link Posted: 7/5/2017 9:37:52 AM EDT
[#13]
It's a very nice pistol and I don't mean to be a dick but in the 1911 world that rear sight would be called a "dead cat". Enough daylight under it that you could throw a dead cat through it. I would not have expected that from Wilson.....
Link Posted: 7/5/2017 2:22:30 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Yes, the right side lever was loose, and it was pretty scuffed up too.  I actually bought a replacement decocker lever from Allegheny Arms & Gun Works.  That was the only place I could find a Beretta OEM steel decocker lever.  They charged $45 shipped for the replacement lever.  I just sent that in to Wilson Combat, along with the pistol.  I thought about just getting Wilson Combat's single-sided decocker lever, but I like the ambi ones better.

The original sights were 3-dot sights.  They weren't tritium sights, just white paint dots.

I bought the Police Trade-In off GunBroker for $750.  The replacement decocker lever was $45.  And the Wilson Combat bill was around $800.

As they say, "Buy once, cry once".  I'm over my crying now, so I can enjoy it!
View Quote
Only asking because I had one years ago that looked just like yours and thought it was the same gun. Got it from CDNN sometime around 2008 for $300 and sold it a few years later. Funny thing is, when I sold it there was NO market for it. Posted it on forums for $350 and only got people lowballing me. Funny because now people trip over themselves trying to get a 92G Vertec. Awesome gun you have there and you set it up perfectly with all the Wilson work. I had them do a lot to a Centurion and when the other poster asked how much, I thought $700+ in Wilson Work alone. Wilson Combat Beretta work isn't cheap but their work is second to none and the people that work there are super solid on the phone during planning and other communications. None of that disappearing act, 6 month wait bullcrap that other gunsmiths pull. Thanks for sharing.
Link Posted: 7/5/2017 9:36:54 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
How does it shoot?
View Quote
I've only had one range session with it, but so far I'm impressed.  The trigger pull is really nice, and it feels so good in my hands.  It was accurate in the limited shooting I did with it.  I can't wait to get more time with it at the range.
Link Posted: 7/5/2017 9:40:34 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
It's a very nice pistol and I don't mean to be a dick but in the 1911 world that rear sight would be called a "dead cat". Enough daylight under it that you could throw a dead cat through it. I would not have expected that from Wilson.....
View Quote
LOL, I like that expression.  It's funny, I hadn't noticed that until you pointed it out.  But you're right, there's some daylight under the rear sight.  I wonder why they made it like that.  In any case, it's worked great so far.
Link Posted: 7/5/2017 9:45:20 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Wilson Combat Beretta work isn't cheap but their work is second to none and the people that work there are super solid on the phone during planning and other communications. None of that disappearing act, 6 month wait bullcrap that other gunsmiths pull. Thanks for sharing.
View Quote
I agree, and their turnaround time for my Beretta was about 6.5 weeks.  I can live with that.
Link Posted: 7/8/2017 4:41:40 PM EDT
[#18]
I have my Vertec on the way to AGW. After researching it I felt I got a better deal with AGW. I am having the front and back strap checkered, the magwell bevel blended and lengthened, trigger and action job done, the barrel is getting an E2 crown, and the frame re-anodized along with the slide and barrel refinished.

I already added the WC mag guide, WC fluted guide rod with flat wire conversion, extended mag catch, E2 hammer, short reach trigger, TCU, WC #14 HS, WC sights with tritium front, LOK grips G10 grips, and WC standard profile single side safety.

Link Posted: 7/10/2017 5:46:05 PM EDT
[#19]
Nicely done, OP.  Fantastic looking gun.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top