Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/25/2017 4:02:21 PM EDT
Classic Firearms has some Law Enforcement trade ins of the Beretta 85F from Italy.  I bought one for 399 thinking it would be a neat project gun.  Probably have to refinish it and whatever to get it to my expectations.  "Like New" 85F's are going for near $800 on Gunbroker.  When I received mine, it was in new condition.  I've put about 300 rounds through it without a hick up.  Today I chrono'd some 94 gr. Privi Partizan.  Average of a 5 shot string was 898.  High of 942, low of 859.  Also shot a 5 round string of Federal's HST.  Average was 1058.  High of 1063.  Low of 1051.  Rounds fired from about 10 feet.  Also fired a round into 3 jugs of water.  Completely split the first two gallon jugs and dented the third jug enough to break the surface, however the round was contained in the 2nd jug as it bounced back.

Not terrible performance from a .380 acp.  Barrel length is roughly 3 1/2 inches.  I carried one for several years as a back up gun to my duty gun and sold it after I retired in a moment of weakness.  Anyway, it's small enough for easy concealment yet large enough for controlled shots.

The heading says 7 rounds.  That is incorrect.  Mag capacity is 8.

https://www.classicfirearms.com/beretta-85f-380-acp-7rd-pistol-used-good-condition
Link Posted: 6/25/2017 4:51:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Thanks for the heads up. I just bought one
Link Posted: 7/5/2017 6:48:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Finally picked up my beretta from my ffl. Condition is great, very light wear on the sharp edges and on the safety/ slide stop levers etc. the worst bit of wear is on the slide right above the safety, very clean pistol looks like it was rarely shot.

Link Posted: 7/8/2017 9:43:26 AM EDT
[#3]
Nice.

If only it was a .32acp chambering I'd jump on one.

I don't want to stock another caliber at this point.
Link Posted: 7/9/2017 2:33:41 AM EDT
[#4]
My 85 has a little bit of wear along the sharp edges, but is in great condition other than that, and it hadn't been shot much at all. Condition was claimed to be 85%, but it's at least 90%. It came with two mags, one was brand new in the package, the other one looked new, but has a little wear on the follower. It's a great companion gun to my 84, in about the same condition, except it was over $100 more than the 84 was.
Link Posted: 7/9/2017 12:20:40 PM EDT
[#5]
Rguns has the 85f mags for $20 each too
Link Posted: 7/9/2017 7:05:45 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Rguns has the 85f mags for $20 each too
View Quote
Thank you!!!! I just picked up 5 for $115 shipped. Beats the hell out of paying $40 per mag elsewhere, which is what I thought I would have to do to build up mags for my yet-to-arrive 85FS.

My 85FS is an RGUNS import marked one like the others we have been seeing. I bought it off of DKMags on Gunbroker. Paid about $20 more than you guys did from Classic, but I got to see the exact gun I am getting and it looks to be like-new.
Link Posted: 7/9/2017 7:26:19 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Thank you!!!! I just picked up 5 for $115 shipped. Beats the hell out of paying $40 per mag elsewhere, which is what I thought I would have to do to build up mags for my yet-to-arrive 85FS.

My 85FS is an RGUNS import marked one like the others we have been seeing. I bought it off of DKMags on Gunbroker. Paid about $20 more than you guys did from Classic, but I got to see the exact gun I am getting and it looks to be like-new.
View Quote
When I got my gun I seen rguns was the importer and I was like I'm sure they would have had a stockpile of mags with them. Paid off.
Link Posted: 7/9/2017 9:18:08 PM EDT
[#8]
I have put several hundred rounds down the pipe without any issues.  It's now my summer carry.  There are smaller guns out there and in 9mm.  They tend to set these old broken hands on fire.  I've broke both hands back in the 80's and now have arthritis in them.  I little bigger gun handles the snap a little easier and as posted earlier I carried one for years as a back up gun.  I really enjoy this one.
Link Posted: 7/11/2017 7:38:56 PM EDT
[#9]
I picked up a set of beretta wood grips during the 4th of July sale to make her look nice. Pb on the left side, trident on the right.

Link Posted: 7/12/2017 11:04:14 PM EDT
[#10]
are the guns from Rguns in better shape to warrant the $25? I want to find one in the best shape, and i don't mind paying the extra $25.
Thanks
Link Posted: 7/13/2017 2:21:11 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
are the guns from Rguns in better shape to warrant the $25? I want to find one in the best shape, and i don't mind paying the extra $25.
Thanks
View Quote
They are the importer, so I would imagine they kept some of the best for themselves. But you never know.

Side note, I got my mags in from rguns today, they are in good shape no finish wear on the mag bodies, just a few knicks and scratches on the base plates.
Link Posted: 7/16/2017 7:20:41 AM EDT
[#12]
This is great.  Been looking for one for a decent price.  Thanks!
Link Posted: 7/16/2017 9:50:56 AM EDT
[#13]
I picked mine up yesterday and am very pleased. Absolutely beautiful condition save for some finish wear on the back corner of the slide.

Mine did not have a magazine disconnect installed - which is OK by me. Any one else get one with no magazine disconnect?
Link Posted: 7/16/2017 11:11:41 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I picked mine up yesterday and am very pleased. Absolutely beautiful condition save for some finish wear on the back corner of the slide.

Mine did not have a magazine disconnect installed - which is OK by me. Any one else get one with no magazine disconnect?
View Quote
Mine has no mag disconnect either. The safety also decocks the pistol also.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top