Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/16/2017 12:37:14 AM EDT
Anyone find their WC safety to be gritty/hard to manipulate after installation? This is only the second one I have installed and it feels very gritty when I rotate the lever. The other one I installed is in my M9A1 Compact and it feels fine. I have uninstalled it and checked to make sure I have everything installed correctly before reinstalling it and it is still sticky. I tried lubrication and it made it feel slightly improved but it is still hard to manipulate.
Link Posted: 5/16/2017 12:57:51 AM EDT
[#1]
When a safety is installed, sometimes you clean up the front, underside with a file or stone. It is the part that rests against the frame towards the front of the gun.
Link Posted: 5/16/2017 9:55:22 AM EDT
[#2]
Mine wasn't gritty but it was tough when Wilson installed it on my 92FS. Add a little lube and just keep flipping it back and forth and it should start to improve.
Link Posted: 5/16/2017 4:06:17 PM EDT
[#3]
I pulled the safety out again and took a closer look. I think I discovered the problem. In the safety where the house for the plungers are there is some very rough machining. I didn't have a dremel head small enough to polish inside the holes so I polished the plungers and the barrel of the safety where it countacts the slide. I used some shell aero 33 grease inside the plunger holes and on the plungers themselves. Reinstalled everything and now the safety is nice and smooth. Even better than the other safety on my M9A1 compact so I might pull that safet out and do the same thing to it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top