Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/11/2017 6:54:21 PM EDT

Only 5 shots and only at 7 yards, but offhand. Now to make this consistent and push it out farther.
Link Posted: 5/11/2017 7:09:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Nice! A lot of people (a LOT ) can' t do that good at 7 FEET.
Link Posted: 5/11/2017 7:21:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Ammo used?

Danny
Link Posted: 5/11/2017 7:23:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Thank you!

And it was S&B 124gr surplus NATO.
Link Posted: 5/11/2017 7:24:45 PM EDT
[#4]
A Beretta what?
Link Posted: 5/11/2017 7:29:08 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Thank you!

And it was S&B 124gr surplus NATO.
View Quote
Good Shooting.

Danny
Link Posted: 5/11/2017 7:29:28 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
A Beretta what?
View Quote
A plain 92fs.

Link Posted: 5/11/2017 7:39:37 PM EDT
[#7]
My 92FS always surprises me with just how well it shoots.
I'll bet I owned it for twenty years before I shot it and now I feel silly for waiting that long.
Link Posted: 5/11/2017 8:58:07 PM EDT
[#8]
Great shooting.  I wanted to be good with an M9 but never could shoot one worth a flip. My ex could shoot the nuts off of flies at 25 yards with hers, but I never saw her pick up any gun , handgun or rifle that she didn't shoot like it was part of her. She got the basics down and my dad taught her before she went in the military, which is what he did when he was in down at Benning in the 50s. The other part of that is just being a natural too, and like her, you seem to be a natural.

I'll probably get an M9 just because it's US mil. I grew up on the 1911 so that's what I've always shot well and carried. I've got a couple of P320 full size guns coming for my son and I, and I hope I can do well with it.

You're really making me want an M9 though OP.
Link Posted: 5/11/2017 11:32:00 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Great shooting.  I wanted to be good with an M9 but never could shoot one worth a flip. My ex could shoot the nuts off of flies at 25 yards with hers, but I never saw her pick up any gun , handgun or rifle that she didn't shoot like it was part of her. She got the basics down and my dad taught her before she went in the military, which is what he did when he was in down at Benning in the 50s. The other part of that is just being a natural too, and like her, you seem to be a natural.

I'll probably get an M9 just because it's US mil. I grew up on the 1911 so that's what I've always shot well and carried. I've got a couple of P320 full size guns coming for my son and I, and I hope I can do well with it.

View Quote
Don't beat yourself up about not being able to shoot a military M9. They are beat to hell and often rebuilt using mixmaster parts. Often locking blocks will be dropped in as replacements rather than fitted properly. This practice will cause the gun to wear and lock unevenly which can effect the accuracy. Combine this with sights that are sub par and the M9 can be hard to shoot. Pick up a new M9, drop a D hammer spring in it and I bet you will shoot it better than you ever did an military issue M9.
Link Posted: 5/11/2017 11:48:51 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 5/12/2017 12:50:12 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote
Thank you! And I highly suggest it. I can't tell you how much abuse I've put this pistol through. It just keeps on chugging and gave me this today. I don't like Beretta's warranty policy from what I've read online, but I haven't had to use it. I really have no complaints. The 320 should be awesome for you and your son, though!
Link Posted: 5/12/2017 1:11:15 AM EDT
[#12]
Nice shooting OP. Amazing what you can do with a good civilian one instead of a beat to shit arms room issued one.
Link Posted: 5/13/2017 11:09:32 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Don't beat yourself up about not being able to shoot a military M9. They are beat to hell and often rebuilt using mixmaster parts. Often locking blocks will be dropped in as replacements rather than fitted properly. This practice will cause the gun to wear and lock unevenly which can effect the accuracy. Combine this with sights that are sub par and the M9 can be hard to shoot. Pick up a new M9, drop a D hammer spring in it and I bet you will shoot it better than you ever did an military issue M9.
View Quote
While on a military team I had the chance to ransom rest test several racks of m9's for accuracy some rebuilds some not in various conditions from poking near New to totally beat ( at least in appearance) the worst gave 2.5" 25 yard ten shot groups the best a hair under 2 inches. They are almost universally accurate shooters
Link Posted: 5/14/2017 2:50:34 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

While on a military team I had the chance to ransom rest test several racks of m9's for accuracy some rebuilds some not in various conditions from poking near New to totally beat ( at least in appearance) the worst gave 2.5" 25 yard ten shot groups the best a hair under 2 inches. They are almost universally accurate shooters
View Quote
Oh, no, this wasn't a mil M9. It was my wife's personal weapon, 92fs, one of the olive drab guns she bought in 2005 so she could get plenty of practice at home ( MP ). She pretty much put the majority of the mag in one big hole the size of a silver dollar from 15 yards with a couple a half inch outside of the center group., standing, free hand.
I've never been able to out shoot her, with any gun of any kind, and while I'm not and never was a super shooter, I was pretty good.  I'd shot guns of all kinds, many thousands of rounds a year, for decades before she fired her first shot. She was 18 when we met and I was 30, and her first experience with a gun was with me. Now, we did go to Monroe NC near where her family lived and buy a couple of cases of rifle and pistol ammo each, about twice a month, and we'd shoot it all. Never just blast, ( except occasionally ) but always firing with a purpose. So she got tons of trigger time. She was as much into guns as most of us here.
Link Posted: 5/14/2017 6:40:19 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Oh, no, this wasn't a mil M9. It was my wife's personal weapon, 92fs, one of the olive drab guns she bought in 2005 so she could get plenty of practice at home ( MP ). She pretty much put the majority of the mag in one big hole the size of a silver dollar from 15 yards with a couple a half inch outside of the center group., standing, free hand.
I've never been able to out shoot her, with any gun of any kind, and while I'm not and never was a super shooter, I was pretty good.  I'd shot guns of all kinds, many thousands of rounds a year, for decades before she fired her first shot. She was 18 when we met and I was 30, and her first experience with a gun was with me. Now, we did go to Monroe NC near where her family lived and buy a couple of cases of rifle and pistol ammo each, about twice a month, and we'd shoot it all. Never just blast, ( except occasionally ) but always firing with a purpose. So she got tons of trigger time. She was as much into guns as most of us here.
View Quote
Some people just pick up shooting faster than others. My wife never fired or even held a gun in her life before we met. Then she took eight years to work up the nerve to fire a gun. I bought her a Glock 19C for her birthday two years ago and she has only fired about three thousand rounds total in her life but she is exceptionally good for so little time shooting. I have complete confidence in her ability to protect herself inside of 25 yards with her G19C. I wish she liked shooting more, I only can get her out to the range about three or four times a year to practice.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top