Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/23/2017 8:49:51 PM EDT
I'm planning on installing a new hammer spring to improve the trigger on my 92A1. Anything I should know of before I go through with this? What was your experience when you made the modification?

And which spring would be better: Beretta's "D" spring or Wilson Combat's #16 spring? Any others I should know about?
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 9:23:49 PM EDT
[#1]
Tag-gage for the same questions!
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 9:32:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Advice... Youtube, clean table, and a bright flashlight. Wilson Combat
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 9:41:55 PM EDT
[#3]
The hardest part is not losing the damn grip-screw washers!
     Seriously, its real simple.  One note, when you release the tension on the hammer mainspring, the sear-spring is going to "push" the hammer back to the half-cock notch (phrasing).  Simply hand cycle the hammer back to its full-rest position when installing your new Factory D-spring (hammer mainspring and strut assembly can't be installed with the hammer cocked or at half-cocked).

One thing I would do before reinstalling the hammer-strut and spring is to lightly coat all parts in some basic Moly-grease.  Makes for a very smooth and glitch-free trigger-pull.  Good luck.
    Link Posted: 4/23/2017 9:42:40 PM EDT
    [#4]
    In my 92A1 I am using an elite II hammer and WCs #14 hammer spring. Not sure how that light of a hammer spring will do with the factory hammer so a safe bet would be to use the #16. That being said the #14 is super smooth with the Elite II hammer. Easily one of the best upgrades I did to my 92A1. Replacing the HS is super easy. Takes maybe two minutes. If your 92A1 is an Italian model you may have a roll pin in place of the dog bone pin used on the American Berettas. You will need to replace that roll pin with this part Midwest Gun Works Don't worry about ordering from MWG, they are a Beretta factory authorized parts dealer. They are GTG. There are plenty of you tube videos showing how to make the change so I don't think I need to get into the details but it is very easy. Don't sweat it.

I replace my lanyard loop with a WC mag guide.

Link Posted: 4/23/2017 10:12:23 PM EDT
    [#5]
    2 good assembly/disassembly videos:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OTc_wb5YaU4&t=9s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mza4o8VOj9M&t=10s
    Link Posted: 4/28/2017 9:20:47 AM EDT
    [#6]
    BEST and ONLY mod ANY 92 needs! Go with FACTORY spring, don't trust aftermarket CRAP, no matter who makes it!
    Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
    Top Top