Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/21/2017 5:32:29 AM EDT
Beretta M9 Story.  Was changing out the grips and I managed to break off the head of one of the grip screws.  Now I have a useless grip screw and grip screw bushing. Then, as I am removing another grip panel screw, the entire bushing comes out with it.  Everyone is sold out of the bushings.  So I then find that Beretta customer service and warranty is not that user friendly.  Not nearly as easy as say, Smith or Kimber.  I send an email to Beretta asking how I can do this.  Meanwhile, I remember that Wilson Combat now does custom work on the 92 Series.  So...I am sending it to Wilson for the work.  I am having a complete action job done, finish the slide and small parts in Armor Tuff Green, installing super slim Wilson G10 dirty olive grips and converting the F decocker/safety to the G decocker only.  It should be a really nice M9 when I get it back.
Link Posted: 3/21/2017 2:33:19 PM EDT
[#1]
There's something about those grip screws.   They're kind of dainty and the threading is real small. I stripped one last time I put a new grip panel on (hogue) and I've been consternating over if I should attempt to put my new D spring in.  I'm not sure how it's going to end up.  I may end up with gorilla tape around the grips to hold them on.  Because I don't have the money to shop mine off to Wilson.  

Congrats though.  I bet you're gonna like it.  We need pics when it's back.
Link Posted: 3/21/2017 6:34:04 PM EDT
[#2]
You think dealing with Kimber is easier than Beretta?
Link Posted: 3/21/2017 7:15:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You think dealing with Kimber is easier than Beretta?
View Quote
Well at least the initial contact was easier.  I got fast response from Beretta.  So I am happy about that.  I will have to let them know I sent her off to Bill Wilson.
Link Posted: 3/21/2017 7:25:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Looking forward to seeing pics of it when you get it back. Someone else had it done recently and was really pleased. I'm debating on having mine done in the future as well.
Link Posted: 3/21/2017 7:28:08 PM EDT
[#5]
I guess that is one way to remove a stuck screw.

Also, i demand pix of the basterdized product you receive from the gods at wilson combat
Link Posted: 3/21/2017 8:07:50 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I guess that is one way to remove a stuck screw.

Also, i demand pix of the basterdized product you receive from the gods at wilson combat
View Quote
maybe in six months?
Link Posted: 3/22/2017 12:50:05 AM EDT
[#7]
What was the issue with Beretta CS?
Link Posted: 3/22/2017 1:37:29 AM EDT
[#8]
Be thankful the 92 has a grip screw bushing.

Sigs.....not so much. And it becomes a much bigger problem....
Link Posted: 3/22/2017 2:57:07 AM EDT
[#9]
This happend to me a few years ago with another M9. I was able to track down new bushings on eBay.
Link Posted: 3/22/2017 2:59:16 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
There's something about those grip screws.   They're kind of dainty and the threading is real small. I stripped one last time I put a new grip panel on (hogue) and I've been consternating over if I should attempt to put my new D spring in.  I'm not sure how it's going to end up.  I may end up with gorilla tape around the grips to hold them on.  Because I don't have the money to shop mine off to Wilson.  

Congrats though.  I bet you're gonna like it.  We need pics when it's back.
View Quote
Found some bushings on eBay.

Ebay
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top