Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/7/2017 2:25:25 PM EDT
So I hear the D spring is now standard on the a3 which is awesome

But doesn't that make the recoil more snappy with +P loads?

Or did beretta use a stiffer recoil spring to compensate?

(Because the slide is now going back with less resistance from the hammer)

Also people say the a3 has a better trigger? I assume from the D Spring or is there any other change?

Link Posted: 3/7/2017 11:37:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Good point.  Now you got me wondering.  I just ordered some D springs for my M9 but didn't even think about if I needed to bump up the recoil spring.  Ooops.
Link Posted: 3/8/2017 2:08:22 AM EDT
[#2]
Yea I'm curious if beretta put the stiffer recoil spring because of that in the m9a3

I know from experience that a lighter hammer spring can cause a very stout recoil

Link Posted: 3/8/2017 4:20:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Experience with a Beretta M9/92 or a different gun?
Link Posted: 3/8/2017 4:34:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Different gun (CZ)

But it's known that reducing the hammer spring (and leaving everything else the same)

Essentially is lessening the delay of the slide

Thus makes the gun "less sprung"

though to be fair the CZ is lightly sprung to begin with

That's one reason I'm looking at beretta, the CZ doesn't like +P loads with a reduced spring

... And you can't put an extra power recoil spring in a CZ because it puts too much pressure on the slide stop... Which believe it or not is a super vital component of the CZ lol it holds both the barrel and slide
Link Posted: 3/9/2017 2:50:43 PM EDT
[#5]
Yeah, I'm sort of skeptical now.  Although I can just get a heavier recoils spring.  I sort of don't like messing with factory settings.  But seeins as how the D spring is a factory spring, I don't see how it can be that bad of an idea.  But I might have to contact beretta and find out from them what pound spring they use in their DAO guns.  Or did use.  In the DAO 92.   We're you just saying the M9A3 comes with the D spring?  But then does it come with a normal ole 13# recoils spring?   I can't remember if someone answered that or not.  LOL.  I'm getting old.
Link Posted: 3/9/2017 3:00:20 PM EDT
[#6]
I don't worry about it.

I do however switch to the 16lb recoil spring when the factory one needs replacing. I would do that anyways, d spring or not.
Link Posted: 3/9/2017 5:02:02 PM EDT
[#7]
Iiiiiiineteresting . Can I ask why?  I know that one time I replaced my 16# stock spring in my Kimber 1911 with a Wolff 18.5 and I swear felt recoil went UP.  LOL.  From what I understand, lower springs CAN have less felt recoil, within reason.  I'm guessing once you drop below a certain poundage the springs aren't doing enough.  

Anyways....  I'm assuming the higher weight is more about function than recoil?  Just curious your thinking.   Or is is it just because you have a lighter mainspring in there?
Link Posted: 3/9/2017 10:07:23 PM EDT
[#8]
My M9A1 with a D spring was probably the softest shooting 9MM pistol I've ever fired...so I wouldn't worry about it. I did not notice an increase in felt recoil when I swapped to the lighter hammer spring.
Link Posted: 3/10/2017 2:38:49 AM EDT
[#9]
Yes, I have an M9 that I've got around 4k through and I agree.  Very easy to shoot.  I guess I'll just have to see what the D spring does......
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 1:48:51 PM EDT
[#10]
I have owned about 30 different 92 variants over the past 20+ years. I put a D spring in all of them. I never worry about increasing the recoil spring weight
Link Posted: 3/20/2017 7:13:25 PM EDT
[#11]
The gun is fine stock.I think Beretta used the same recoil spring weight in the DAO models as in the SA/DA guns.
  My M9A3 is very soft shooting...even softer than my Sig MK25. It is very easy to shoot accurately...much less effort than the Sig.
The Sig shows every mistake...the M9A3 is more forgiving.

Just shoot it...I love mine.
Link Posted: 4/9/2017 12:36:46 PM EDT
[#12]
I picked up my M9A3 yesterday and it has the best DA trigger I have ever pulled. It's a decocker only model.

Can't wait to shoot it!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top