Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/26/2017 11:11:35 AM EDT
My son got a 92FS. My self defense ammo is all 124gr HST +p (Glock owner) and for the purposes of supply it'd ne nice to only need one ammo type around the house.

Also, do Berettas eat any particular bullet weight better than others? My P99 loved all things 124gr. My Glock does the same with everything. What, if anything, does the 92FS eat best?
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 11:15:53 AM EDT
[#1]
Short answer is yes. Those HSTs are excellent, and the 92FS will eat them up. I've yet to find anything that it will not eat. It is a boringly reliable pistol with every and any type of ammo that I have ever tried with it.
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 11:35:16 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Short answer is yes. Those HSTs are excellent, and the 92FS will eat them up. I've yet to find anything that it will not eat. It is a boringly reliable pistol with every and any type of ammo that I have ever tried with it.
View Quote

This
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 11:45:48 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
View Quote

Same here. Only issue i've ever had was magazine related.
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 11:50:10 AM EDT
[#4]
Not an issue.  The M9 was designed for a lifetime of 9mm NATO which is loaded to a higher pressure than your sammi spec 9.  

Get a new recoil spring from Brownells, replace every couple thousand rounds.
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 11:56:31 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote

Thanks! My go-to ammo has customarily been the 124gr +p Gold Dot but the HST was a bit cheaper (but still has an excellent reputation.) It's good to know that his pistol won't see accelerated wear from +p ammo. It won't be fed a steady diet of it. The gun seems to do well with Blazer Brass and the paper targets won't know the difference.
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 2:10:49 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Thanks! My go-to ammo has customarily been the 124gr +p Gold Dot but the HST was a bit cheaper (but still has an excellent reputation.) It's good to know that his pistol won't see accelerated wear from +p ammo. It won't be fed a steady diet of it. The gun seems to do well with Blazer Brass and the paper targets won't know the difference.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Mine likes Blazer Brass as well.
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 9:30:29 PM EDT
[#7]
I have found just about every 9mm pistol I have ever owned ( multiple beretta H&K glock sig plus a few others) all shot most accurately with 124 grain bullet weight. In some cases the difference between sub 115,115,124,147 was under a half inch at 25 yards, in others it was a bit more. As a shooter on a military team I had the chance to ransom test a good number of m9 pistols ( using standard 124 grain nato ball, and they all averaged under 3 inches at 25 yards with some running close to two inches even. Beretta m9's are great pistols and very reliable and accurate
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 9:51:25 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Not an issue.  The M9 was designed for a lifetime of 9mm NATO which is loaded to a higher pressure than your sammi spec 9.  

Get a new recoil spring from Brownells, replace every couple thousand rounds.
View Quote

This. I wouldn't worry about it. I love putting 9mm NATO through mine just because it has that bit more "oomph" to it, making it more fun to fire (also flies flatter when you're trying for long range shots).
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 11:32:33 PM EDT
[#9]
Buffalo bore safe and ok in small quantities?
Link Posted: 2/28/2017 11:14:24 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

Sure
Link Posted: 3/1/2017 11:40:37 AM EDT
[#11]
I shoot GD 124 +p all the time in mine.
Link Posted: 3/7/2017 2:46:02 PM EDT
[#12]
Yes +P ammo is barely higher pressure than the NATO ammo the 92fs was designed for

Especially with the stock springs, it eats +P ammo all day and laughs at it lol

Think of it as this:

115 grain standard pressure: a tad light for the 92

124 grain NATO: exactly ideal for the 92

124 grain +P: slightly warm for the 92
Link Posted: 3/7/2017 7:49:40 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

Were I to do that, *I* would bump up the recoil spring by 2-3lbs. Springs are obviously a quick & easy change.
Link Posted: 6/30/2017 9:02:31 PM EDT
[#14]
Silly OP....

92fs was designed around the 9mm Nato 124 grain (NATO is loaded to +p preasures)

Its absolute favorite is 124 +p
Link Posted: 7/2/2017 1:53:25 PM EDT
[#15]
The ammo industry uses something called SAAMI Standards to establish the pressures that ammo should be loaded to. The SAAMI pressure for 9mm Luger ammo is around 35,000 PSI, and C.I.P (think European SAAMI) rates 9mm Luger ammo at 34,080 PSI. According to documentation, the 9mm NATO rounds are pressured at 36,500 PSI (again according to CIP). That means that when compared to standard 9mm ammo, the 9mm NATO ammo is running a higher pressure, analogous to a 9mm +P load, which SAAMI rates around 36,000 PSI.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top