Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/8/2017 4:05:59 PM EDT
I have what appears to be a NIB Beretta Elite II.  It has both of the original mags with the rubber bumpers, all paperwork and even the original paper box.  Does anyone have idea what is a fair price to ask for it?  I searched and cannot seem to find any for sale on the usual sites such as Gunbroker.
Link Posted: 2/8/2017 5:21:42 PM EDT
[#1]
You never see too many for sale - and they typically bring a pretty penny when you do. With all the original stuff and in excellent shape I'd say it's easily worth $1100-1200.. I'm a regular at Beretta Forum and just picked one up last year for a grand. Didn't have the outer box or original mags, either.

ETA: These are 9mm prices, by the way. 40s don't bring quite as much but will still do well.

ETA II: Actually, I lied. They're only worth a couple hundred. I'll do you a favor and take it off your hands...
Link Posted: 2/12/2017 11:48:50 AM EDT
[#2]
I've seen them go for 1600. If they've been customized by Ernest Langdon back in the day, they'll fetch more. I was offered 3k for mine, but it was extensively worked over by Ernest Langdon. Carry bevel package, Barsto barrel, trigger work and all. Couldn't do it.

Link Posted: 2/15/2017 10:43:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Last one I seen was 800, I would pay up to 1k if it was like new.
Link Posted: 2/16/2017 7:41:23 AM EDT
[#4]
I have seen a couple for 1k and 1,200.

Collectable pistol for sure!
Link Posted: 2/16/2017 12:59:03 PM EDT
[#5]
Man, kick myself for not buying one back in the olden days....  speaking of olden days, how much have you seen the straight Elites going for?  I have one in nearly perfect condition sans box that I picked up probably 15 years ago at a ridiculously reasonable price.  Could never see sellong, but always fun to know!
Link Posted: 2/16/2017 2:00:21 PM EDT
[#6]
I had one years ago and wound up selling it. They are nice pistols and are more of a collectable,than for shooting,in my opinion. Not that they aren't good shooters but with condition depending price,(if you are not planning on keeping it), can effect the resale value. They have a few extra features you don't see on standard models-checkering,slide,dovetail sights and "D" spring. Me personally, the standard model can do everything the Elite can, so I didn't miss it. If I had the extra money to buy one for collecting, I would. Prices are anywhere from $1,000.00 to about 1,300.00 or more depending on the buyer.
Link Posted: 3/1/2017 2:20:12 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I had one years ago and wound up selling it. They are nice pistols and are more of a collectable,than for shooting,in my opinion. Not that they aren't good shooters but with condition depending price,(if you are not planning on keeping it), can effect the resale value. They have a few extra features you don't see on standard models-checkering,slide,dovetail sights and "D" spring. Me personally, the standard model can do everything the Elite can, so I didn't miss it. If I had the extra money to buy one for collecting, I would. Prices are anywhere from $1,000.00 to about 1,300.00 or more depending on the buyer.
View Quote

Be a cold day in hell before I'd spend $3k for an Elite when I can buy a used 92 for $400 and send it to Wilson and have truly custom gun made with all the same features pretty much for less than $2k total investment.
Link Posted: 3/19/2017 12:50:00 AM EDT
[#8]
Op Email sent!
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 10:18:19 PM EDT
[#9]
A few years ago I found a dealer with 30 brand new Pistols that were Elite II frames matched with a standard 92 fs upper. I called Beretta and they confirmed that they in fact only made 30 in this configuration. I bought one. Wish I had bought two. Very cool and I definitely prefer the Elite II frame with the more aggressive front and backstrap checkering and skeletonized hammer.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top