Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/3/2017 10:24:38 PM EDT
I know we've done this before.  I've asked it before.  But it's been a long while.  I have noticed a few people (like 03RN) that have shown they are actually carrying it AIWB.  Which kind of blows my mind.   Lat time I carried my M9 IWB I had a sore back.  But I freaking love shooting that gun.   And honestly, I like the added layer of safety of a DA trigger for a carry gun.  

I am thinking of giving it another try.  I also noticed that I think someone mentioned those wilson combat grips might be thinner than the stock grips.  Is that true or is it some other kind?   I suppose that could help too.  

Just wanting to see the current state of affairs or general consensus on how everyone is carrying it, if they are.  

It's funny how things ebb and flow.  10 years ago the M9/92 was scoffed at by most around here.  It seems like Wilson Combat has breathed new life into the platform.  And the decocker only conversion.  I'm not overly sure I want to do it yet.  I'm not crazy about how it sticks out further.  But I do like how it's just a decocker.  Obviously.  

Link Posted: 2/3/2017 10:28:35 PM EDT
[#1]
On the rare occasions that I carry it, it usually lives in a shoulder rig.
Link Posted: 2/3/2017 10:31:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

x2 here.  Galco jackass rig is sweet.
Link Posted: 2/3/2017 10:32:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Used to carry one in a holster; now carry one under my vehicle seat.
Link Posted: 2/3/2017 10:35:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Thigh rig when dismounted. Chest rig if I know I'm going to be getting in and out of a lot of vehicles.
Link Posted: 2/3/2017 10:43:28 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm curious how it carries in a RONI.
Link Posted: 2/4/2017 8:15:02 AM EDT
[#6]
All day, every day

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/4/2017 5:06:57 PM EDT
[#7]
You're cheating.  That's your compact.  Isn't it?
Link Posted: 2/4/2017 6:22:18 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
You're cheating.  That's your compact.  Isn't it?
View Quote

Yes, I very seldom carry a full size. When I do it's in a iwb holster behind the hip.

The vertec is on consignment at my shop but I still have my FS I'll carry on occasion.
The holster also works for the compact too
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 5:51:33 PM EDT
[#9]
I like that holster.  I've heard that name before somewhere.  Well more than likely on here.  I think I did.
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 7:34:18 PM EDT
[#10]
I use the Beretta iwb holster.

There is a hole in my favorite pants. If I bend over sometimes the barrel will pop out.  I'm going to have to stop sitting down with it
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 8:33:59 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

This. Miami classic II is comfy, but unusual to wear most days.
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 8:53:04 PM EDT
[#12]
I used to carry a 92 variant, IWB, as well as a couple other full sized guns. But after trying out OWB a few years ago. I"m not going back to IWB.

I'll carry either my Brig Tac (my main EDC, 99% of the time) or my M9A3 in either a Galco Jackass shoulder rig most days, these days. Or I'll carry either OWB in a thumb break holster, crossdraw. About the ten o clock position.
Link Posted: 2/7/2017 1:19:23 AM EDT
[#13]
Milt Sparks VMII.

Plenty comfy.  I have no issues with it.
Link Posted: 2/7/2017 4:32:02 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I used to carry a 92 variant, IWB, as well as a couple other full sized guns. But after trying out OWB a few years ago. I"m not going back to IWB.

I'll carry either my Brig Tac (my main EDC, 99% of the time) or my M9A3 in either a Galco Jackass shoulder rig most days, these days. Or I'll carry either OWB in a thumb break holster, crossdraw. About the ten o clock position.
View Quote

No kidding on the crossdraw?  I very rarely hear of anyone doing this any more.  You willing to post a pick of that?   Like in the mirror.  If you do a shoulder rig most of the time, I'm assuming you're wearing a jacket a lot?
Link Posted: 2/9/2017 11:57:15 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Yes, I very seldom carry a full size. When I do it's in a iwb holster behind the hip.

http://i68.tinypic.com/2vx4poj.jpg

The vertec is on consignment at my shop but I still have my FS I'll carry on occasion.
View Quote

I have been looking everywhere for a good AIWB for my 92fs compact.  Is yours the one with the rail?
Link Posted: 2/9/2017 7:35:51 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

I have been looking everywhere for a good AIWB for my 92fs compact.  Is yours the one with the rail?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://i68.tinypic.com/2vx4poj.jpg

Yes. The holster is for a full sized one though (m9a1). It will fit none railed guns as well.

I don't know if m3 tactical still makes this one for Berettas anymore but JM custom makes a very similar one which I'm ordering for a 1911

I'm very happy with it
Link Posted: 2/9/2017 7:53:16 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Thigh rig when dismounted. Chest rig if I know I'm going to be getting in and out of a lot of vehicles.
View Quote

Thigh rig only. But I think OP is talking about CC not duty use.
Link Posted: 2/9/2017 9:46:03 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Milt Sparks VMII.
Plenty comfy.  I have no issues with it.
View Quote

This, at the 4 o'clock position.
Link Posted: 2/9/2017 11:38:52 PM EDT
[#19]
Mounted and slick; like in a Tank= Leather Tanker shoulder holster over a chicken vest
Mounted in kit in a truck= SERPA on IOTV up high
Dismounted in kit= SERPA on a war belt or on the IOTV
FOB Wear = SERPA paddle and spare mag
Link Posted: 2/10/2017 12:33:02 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

This, at the 4 o'clock position.
View Quote
Yep.

About 4:00.  I know it's a large pistol,  but i have found it more comfortable to carry than some smaller guns.  Might just be that it suits my body well, but the 92 is honestly more comfortable for me at the end of the day than a G19 in a VMII.  Something about the 92 causes it to tuck its grip perfectly underneath the back side of my ribs, and lay flat against my back. 

FWIW, a CZ compact variant carries about the same way for me. 

I'm a very big fan of the VM holsters. I own a TON of bolsters, and they have always been what I come back to.
Link Posted: 2/10/2017 2:55:34 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Thigh rig only. But I think OP is talking about CC not duty use.
View Quote

Yes, but it's OK to hear this too.  I wanted to buy a good thigh rig (safariland) a long time ago, but the only use I'd have for it is at the range. And I'm not really into looking like an operator when I'm the furthest thing from it.   I did take my Taurus PT92 (before I had an M9) once in a cheaper blackhawk thigh rig Deer hunting once.  In case I ran across any bunnies to eat.....  Which was kind of silly because a .22 would've probably been the better way to go.  I didn't see any deer or bunnies that time.  Grrrrrrrrr....
Link Posted: 2/11/2017 1:57:07 AM EDT
[#22]
When I am driving I like carrying it in my kydex tanker holster from Ares Tactical. Ares Tactical Tanker
Link Posted: 2/11/2017 9:21:26 AM EDT
[#23]
It is a mammoth of a gun, so I use it for range only or strap it to a thigh when coyote hunting.  I use a UM84 Bianchi either on the belt or on the thigh rig.
Link Posted: 2/11/2017 11:47:22 PM EDT
[#24]
The M9 is sitting in a $10 Uncle Mike's on clearance from WalMart @ this moment.
Link Posted: 2/12/2017 5:57:00 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

No kidding on the crossdraw?  I very rarely hear of anyone doing this any more.  You willing to post a pick of that?   Like in the mirror.  If you do a shoulder rig most of the time, I'm assuming you're wearing a jacket a lot?
View Quote

Hey,

Just got back to this thread just now.

I guess I'm old school/weird since yes, I do crossdraw. It's has it's disadvantages, just like anything. But i like the comfort when driving/sitting. Ease of getting the when driving/stitting. And I like being able to get the gun with both the strong and the weak hand(left)if need be.Plus since I use a shoulder holster. The draw is somewhat the same. I'll try to get a pic up in the  next few days.

Yeah, with the shoulder holster, I'm often using some kind of cover garment if I'm concealing. Maybe a jacket. Or a vest. (None of those "shoot me photographer" vests). But someting like a winter/North Face thing). Or a vest for cooler weather, but not the winter. Or depending on what I'm wearing. A baseball jersey or even a good fitting, if slightly loose fitting buttoned/unbottoned dress type shirt. Though where I live, it's really laid back and pro gun. So I OC both ways as well sometimes.
Link Posted: 2/14/2017 12:07:44 AM EDT
[#26]
In its VMII

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/14/2017 3:30:25 PM EDT
[#27]

That looks like a good holster and positioning.  I don't have a really good 92/M9 holster and that might be part of my problem with it.  Although I'm debating on getting an OWB one too.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top