Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 1/24/2017 7:09:58 AM EDT
I always wanted one. But got stuck between the 92FS vs M9 . I know it really the same pistol for practical purposes . The finnish for protection on the M9 was the deciding factor. Read the arguments between Italy  made 92 vs American made 92 or M9 . Half the crowd said Italy 92's was slightly better put together .Fit and finish. The other half said the same thing  about the American made one . I'm just happy I got one . I'm in the club now..... WarDawg
Link Posted: 1/24/2017 9:21:48 AM EDT
[#1]
Yippee ki yay
Link Posted: 1/24/2017 9:26:22 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Yippee ki yay
View Quote

Damn straight ^
Link Posted: 1/24/2017 12:50:47 PM EDT
[#3]
Love mine.

Link Posted: 1/24/2017 11:54:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I always wanted one. But got stuck between the 92FS vs M9 . I know it really the same pistol for practical purposes . The finnish for protection on the M9 was the deciding factor. Read the arguments between Italy  made 92 vs American made 92 or M9 . Half the crowd said Italy 92's was slightly better put together .Fit and finish. The other half said the same thing  about the American made one . I'm just happy I got one . I'm in the club now..... WarDawg
View Quote

M9 all the way. The trigger guard, backstrap, and straight dust cover make for a much more attractive piece of hardware than the 92FS' cues, IMO.
Link Posted: 1/25/2017 7:16:09 AM EDT
[#5]
I just ordered a set of Wilson combat Black cherry  G10 thin grips. She should be here tomorrow..
Link Posted: 1/25/2017 8:38:51 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

M9 all the way. The trigger guard, backstrap, and straight dust cover make for a much more attractive piece of hardware than the 92FS' cues, IMO.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Trigger guard?
Link Posted: 1/25/2017 12:56:47 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I just ordered a set of Wilson combat Black cherry  G10 thin grips. She should be here tomorrow..
View Quote

You will love them. Totally changes the feel of the gun compared to factory grips
Link Posted: 1/25/2017 2:18:04 PM EDT
[#8]
If I were looking to buy an M9, where would I find the best price?

Just looking at gunbroker, there is a serious premium for the M9 over the 92.
Link Posted: 1/25/2017 4:07:46 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote

From what I've seen m9's are more than 92fs. Not having the billboards on it is worth it.
Link Posted: 1/25/2017 4:25:17 PM EDT
[#10]
Congratulations,

Now start the hunt for D spring and G series conversion kits.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/25/2017 4:31:25 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 1/25/2017 5:53:52 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

From what I've seen m9's are more than 92fs. Not having the billboards on it is worth it.
View Quote

Not arguing with that.   Just curious where people are finding the best price on the M9s.
Link Posted: 1/25/2017 6:01:07 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Not arguing with that.   Just curious where people are finding the best price on the M9s.
View Quote

What price are you seeing?
Link Posted: 1/25/2017 6:30:18 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Trigger guard?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Trigger guard?

I mean on the newer 92A1s. Just don't like that rounded trigger guard aesthetically. Classic 92FS is GTG.
Link Posted: 1/25/2017 9:42:27 PM EDT
[#15]
i just paid 581 shipped with insurance from buds guns.  This is for the M9   I didnt really shop around. i saw . i bought.  ??
Link Posted: 1/25/2017 10:07:27 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

I mean on the newer 92A1s. Just don't like that rounded trigger guard aesthetically. Classic 92FS is GTG.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Trigger guard?

Gotchya and I agree
Link Posted: 3/11/2017 7:02:25 AM EDT
[#17]
Just got mine in.  Real M9 with M9 serial number, etc.
Going to install the D spring, maybe some G10 or wood grips and steel guide rod.
Has the post and dot sight, etc.  The real deal.
I work at LGS and carry in the shop.  I have a holster I used in Bosnia and will take the M9 to work in this shoulder holster.  LOL.
Pic is new M9 right out of the box.
Got the LE version with three mags and OTD for $475.00 thanks to an ARFCOM member showing me where to buy.

Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/11/2017 7:54:51 AM EDT
[#18]
Agree with your decision!  Welcome to the club!  My favorite pistol and the most reliable one I ever tried (including vs SIG, Hi Power and Glock) especially with reloads and weird bullets.  I am curious about the Wilson grips, I'll have to check  them  out.
Link Posted: 3/11/2017 8:59:13 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Got the LE version with three mags and OTD for $475.00 thanks to an ARFCOM member showing me where to buy.
View Quote
Please share with the rest of us.  And do you need to have .mil or PD credentials?
Link Posted: 3/11/2017 10:51:06 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I have one, but put the .40 Super & Wicked kit on it, and run it that way.
View Quote

Who's got those kits?
Link Posted: 3/11/2017 11:13:50 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Please share with the rest of us.  And do you need to have .mil or PD credentials?
View Quote
Retired military
Yes
Link Posted: 3/11/2017 11:14:29 AM EDT
[#22]
Oakland Tactical 
Link Posted: 3/11/2017 7:23:38 PM EDT
[#23]
Nice op. I just got a new set of grips from Lok grips. I had them custom made. Coyote brown, full golfball texture and deeper relief cut at the rear to better manipulate the safety/decocker.
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 11:44:04 PM EDT
[#24]
One of my favorites
https://imgur.com/a/l7mYr

Notice mine has the older non serif pb and all steel parts. The new ones have the plastic coated steel parts and the serif pb. This one is closer to an earlier issued m9.
Link Posted: 3/20/2017 3:08:46 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote
Are there fake M9's? Serious question as I may be in the market for one of these soon?

So other than the M9 markings and serial #, what should I be looking for?
Link Posted: 3/20/2017 3:21:30 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Are there fake M9's? Serious question as I may be in the market for one of these soon?

View Quote
I think he is referring to it being marked as an M9 and not as a 92FS. The box is marked M9 commercial and has a commercial serial number with the M9 prefix, military M9s do not have a prefix except for the general officer M9 (GO). Military M9s also have assembly numbers on the hammer.
Link Posted: 3/20/2017 7:27:12 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The M9 Commercial has "M9-Number" serial numbers, but the M9a1 and M9a3 just have standard Beretta serial numbers. No difference or fake/not fake, just how the markings are done.
Link Posted: 3/21/2017 7:33:16 AM EDT
[#28]
OK - Thanks for the info guys
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 5:37:09 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

The M9 Commercial has "M9-Number" serial numbers, but the M9a1 and M9a3 just have standard Beretta serial numbers. No difference or fake/not fake, just how the markings are done.
View Quote
They also have pm inspection marks on the slides and a pb with non serifs. My commercial m9 I put a used m9 slide I bought at a gun show for $50 and also put all metal parts on it to clone an earlier m9.
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 11:23:52 PM EDT
[#30]

Great Guns
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 7:38:01 AM EDT
[#31]
Congrats on the new M9...Never had a problem with mine,she'll eat anything I feed her. I put well over 1k rds through it and never had a FTF or FTE. Good Luck an shoot the hell out of it.........she loves it
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 7:54:08 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I just bought a M9 from Quantico Tactical last Wednesday for $475.  But then I qualified for the LEO discount.  

Vulcan94
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 8:16:01 AM EDT
[#34]
I picked mine up on Saturday.  Shot it yesterday.  The plastic mag release button is extremely sticky and grinds when pressed.  I am debating on removing it and doing some fine sanding or just ordering either a steel replacement or the Wilson extended version.
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 9:03:45 AM EDT
[#35]
Really Love my M-9.

VERY Accurate and smooth reliable shooter for everything I've fed her.

BIGGER_HAMMER
Link Posted: 3/31/2017 1:11:04 AM EDT
[#36]
Great place to buy and great prices.  I bought both the M9 and M9A1 from these guys.

The only thing I changed out on my Beretta's were the triggers and D spring.  The trigger is a steel product from Wilson Combat.
Link Posted: 4/11/2017 6:32:23 PM EDT
[#37]
I just ordered one of these! Long time Beretta admirer, now a first time owner of one! I'm really excited.
Link Posted: 4/11/2017 10:23:40 PM EDT
[#38]
I just bought a M9 at the local fleamarket Sunday for $250. It has a fair amount of holster wear, and was the filthiest gun I ever saw. But after a ton of scrubbing, it doesn't look too bad. I kinda like the fact it has finish were, I've always admired the well used look,

Took it out and ran 50 rounds thru it. It is one smooth shooter.

I did have one fail to go fully into battery, and the slide was locked up tight. Not sure what was going on there? Ammo was CCI Brass.
Link Posted: 4/13/2017 8:59:06 PM EDT
[#39]
Mine was stolen January 2 in Midland, Texas. It was a late 80s/early 90s 92FS. Below is a pic of it when I bought it, but when stolen it was wearing plastic Beretta grips that had been painted brown. 

Link Posted: 4/13/2017 9:18:48 PM EDT
[#40]
Sorry to hear about your pistol.

I bought a truck vault for my 4Runner out of fear of losing one of my guns that I keep in it.
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 7:05:48 PM EDT
[#41]
Almost 4k rounds after about 10 years...  Or so...  I forget when I got it.  It has never choked once.  Although I used to ride the slide stop when I first got it and wouldn't lock back.  But no malf's of any sort.  It is accurate, fun and easy to shoot.  I think my Son might be getting ready for it.  He wants to try it out.  I think it's a good first 9mm to shoot, since it's so easy on the recoil.  

I wanna put a light on it for bedside duty at this point.  But not sure if I should buy the surefire MR11 or one of the cheaper ones....

Link Posted: 4/23/2017 7:30:29 PM EDT
[#42]
There is a P116 on eBay right now with a single bid $89. Surefire P116

If you buy a tick to go with it you can do my easy on/easy off mod. It takes less than 5 minutes with a dremel. The factory P116 mount is clunky. It bolts to the trigger guard and is not easy on/off.
Tick

@coltshorty14 brought this to my attention, that is not my eBay listing and that is not my gun in the ad. I actually think the gun belongs to @Augee not sure the ad is his. Our M9s are very similar except his has more wear, uses the P116 mount, (mine uses the tick mount), his wears actual simonich gunner grips, (mine are Lok grip reproduction gunner grips), and his wears a lanyard.
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 12:38:32 PM EDT
[#43]
I'm liking that.  I wish I could just buy it outright for a reasonable price.  But I don't see an option for that......  I'll keep my eye on it.  

Thank you!!!!
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 3:58:27 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
I picked mine up on Saturday.  Shot it yesterday.  The plastic mag release button is extremely sticky and grinds when pressed.  I am debating on removing it and doing some fine sanding or just ordering either a steel replacement or the Wilson extended version.
View Quote
Forget the Wilson. People have had trouble with the fit . Beretta makes a steel checkered extended mag release . Excellent product and it and the D spring are the two best things you can do for a M9 .
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 8:32:31 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
There is a P116 on eBay right now with a single bid $89. Surefire P116

If you buy a tick to go with it you can do my easy on/easy off mod. It takes less than 5 minutes with a dremel. The factory P116 mount is clunky. It bolts to the trigger guard and is not easy on/off.
Tick
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/73787/IMG-2646-175796.jpg

@coltshorty14 brought this to my attention, that is not my eBay listing and that is not my gun in the ad. I actually think the gun belongs to @Augee not sure the ad is his. Our M9s are very similar except his has more wear, uses the P116 mount, (mine uses the tick mount), his wears actual simonich gunner grips, (mine are Lok grip reproduction gunner grips), and his wears a lanyard.
View Quote
I wasn't insinuating that you were shilling for a auction. Was just curious cause I thought the pic looked familiar. BTW, I bid on that, and was outbid at the last second, and a day later it was relisted, smelled fishy.
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 2:20:43 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

I wasn't insinuating that you were shilling for a auction. Was just curious cause I thought the pic looked familiar. BTW, I bid on that, and was outbid at the last second, and a day later it was relisted, smelled fishy.
View Quote
I didn't think you were insinuating that. Sorry if I made it sound like that. I appreciated you reaching out to me about it. For me the action is still active and it closes in 1 day and 22 mins. There is currently a single $89 bid on it.
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 1:40:47 PM EDT
[#47]
Just got back from my lgs with a NIB m9, they had them on sale for 550.
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 6:30:09 PM EDT
[#48]
Mine came in a few days ago. See my new avatar.

After one range trip and some dry firing I'm impressed with how much the DA trigger has smoothed out. I also installed the D spring.

I fired one mag in DA decocking every time. I grouped better in double action than single action. I guess it makes sense since I've shot a lot of DA revolver in the past few years.
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 7:56:21 PM EDT
[#49]
I know the m9 is kind of stuck in the past due to being made to the specs of the time it was adopted, but man it is just such a beautiful gun. I actually really like the sights that come on it too.

Link Posted: 4/28/2017 9:23:17 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

I didn't think you were insinuating that. Sorry if I made it sound like that. I appreciated you reaching out to me about it. For me the action is still active and it closes in 1 day and 22 mins. There is currently a single $89 bid on it.
View Quote
I should've bid on it.  It didn't go for much more than that.....

I wonder if we'll start to see more gear for M9's for sale from Military personelle.......  Once they start to replace them.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top