Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/15/2017 7:55:13 PM EDT
Zero problem with the pistol, but took my new M9A3 out today and it was shooting 4-5 inches low even at 15 yards. It got to the point of me not hitting the paper plate target that we started making large black dots on the plate every few inches and having my aim at them until I hit paper.

In order for me to hit towards the bottom of a normal size paper plate, I'd have to aim at the top edge of the plate.

I'm curious if this is because of the taller sites on the M9A3, or if this is the pistol not liking crap training ammo? While it went bang 100% of the time, the POI issues were bad because you'd practically have to aim so high you'd obscure your target with the pistol. I'm leaning towards it (hopefully) being that I only had Federal aluminum 9mm (hey its cheap training ammo!) and that it could have been much too weak to what the Beretta is set up for.

Ammo? Or whats going on?
Link Posted: 1/15/2017 8:08:19 PM EDT
[#1]
8" @ 15 yards is something else besides ammo I would think.  Put it on a rest if you can and check.
Link Posted: 1/15/2017 8:13:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
8" @ 15 yards is something else besides ammo I would think.  Put it on a rest if you can and check.
View Quote

Sorry, I changed it. It's 4-5 inches, not 8. 8 was the end to end on a part of the plate, got the 2 mixed up.

I plan to get brass ammo as well as just sit it on something next time as well.

Was just curious if the consensus was 'shoot full power brass in it' or something.
Link Posted: 1/15/2017 8:50:06 PM EDT
[#3]
I typically shoot tulammo POA/poi at 25 yards with all my Berettas
Link Posted: 1/20/2017 11:37:11 AM EDT
[#4]
My M9 eats Wolf WPA like a fat kid eats candy, and shoots to POA just like any other ammo.

What you have is either a gun issue or a shooter issue.
Link Posted: 1/20/2017 11:51:54 AM EDT
[#5]
Remember different weight bullets(and loads) can have a fairly substantial difference in POI sometimes.

Did you have another shooter try it? I'm leaning towards shooter issue.
Link Posted: 1/20/2017 2:28:27 PM EDT
[#6]
Try a different weight or different bullet and see what happens.
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 10:18:47 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Try a different weight or different bullet and see what happens.
View Quote

Went out today and put the pistol in a HOG saddle on a tripod to test different ammo types and see what they did. Learned a few things at 10 yards:

- Perfecta brass 115g was dead center POI
- WWB 115g brass was 1 inch low
- Federal Aluminum 115g was 2-3 inches low
- Part of the problem was my hold; I am used to a lollypop hold and the Beretta is set up for you to cover your target. This combined with the 2-3 inches low the Federal did I think adds up to my problem. After abandoning the lollypop, I was where I needed to be.

After shooting another 300 rounds today, I could make 5/5 on a 25% IPSC at 25 yards almost every time, while pulling 1 every now and again. Starting to really really like this pistol as there is next to no recoil, it shoots well, feels great ion my hand and is by far the quickest pistol I've ever shot in regards to being able to shoot, control the recoil and follow up almost instantly.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top