Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/6/2017 12:47:05 AM EDT
My local dealer has several Italian 92's from Italy in nice shape. The have the bottom mag release ans great barrels. Price is $339.95 each. I was thinking about it as a range toy or glove box gun. Anybody bought one of these?
Link Posted: 1/8/2017 12:43:34 AM EDT
[#1]
After a bit of fixing up, I think they are great shooters. The recoil spring was so worn out it was slinging brass at my forehead and it's finish was in horrid condition for being listed ad "Good/Very Good." Also, Beretta said they will not provide parts support for the 92s, since it has not officially sold it in the US.

Oxpho-Blue Really made the slide look good.

Large Importer marking

Frame finish is pretty bad. Anybody use BC Aluminum Black?

This plunger might mean that "G" levers will drop in.
Link Posted: 1/8/2017 1:05:41 AM EDT
[#2]
They're coming in from SOG, who offer a handpick option, if that moves you...
SOG Berettas
Link Posted: 1/8/2017 1:09:13 AM EDT
[#3]
I have one, it was my first auto pistol.

Shoots well, it's just a big chunk for what it is though.

You couldn't get magazines for them, not sure if you can now.  I got a friend to machine another notch in some FS mags and they work just fine though.
Link Posted: 1/8/2017 9:13:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Can you replace the recoil spring and locking block with the ones sold for the 92F?
Link Posted: 1/8/2017 9:15:14 PM EDT
[#5]
Yes
Link Posted: 1/8/2017 11:32:12 PM EDT
[#6]
Buy one.

I wasnt thinking of it before, but now I am.

Thanks a lot, fucker.

Link Posted: 1/10/2017 8:15:56 AM EDT
[#7]
$279 at Southern Ohio Gun
Link Posted: 1/13/2017 1:48:32 AM EDT
[#8]
Crap!! I did not know they took different mags than regular 92's. How hard is it to get mags for these?
Link Posted: 1/13/2017 1:59:06 AM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Crap!! I did not know they took different mags than regular 92's. How hard is it to get mags for these?
View Quote

Not hard.  Beretta 92 factory 15 round mags have both cutouts for the bottom release and the "American" release midway up the mag.   Check for both.  The 17 round mags do not have the bottom release cutout.
Link Posted: 1/21/2017 11:26:13 PM EDT
[#10]
Try Taurus mags.   I have one that has the bottom hole and have seen others in pictures that has both holes.
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 8:20:17 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Not hard.  Beretta 92 factory 15 round mags have both cutouts for the bottom release and the "American" release midway up the mag.   Check for both.  The 17 round mags do not have the bottom release cutout.
View Quote

I have a 92S I bought brand new in Miami in 1980. I got some extra mags for it from CDDN. They were made MDS. They have both cuts for the mag release.

John!
Link Posted: 2/16/2017 6:10:17 PM EDT
[#12]
Just ordered an Itialian Police trade in from J&G. Do any of the 92 threaded barrels drop in or do I need a certain one for this old model?
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 8:54:19 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Just ordered an Itialian Police trade in from J&G. Do any of the 92 threaded barrels drop in or do I need a certain one for this old model?
View Quote
they all use the same barrel
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 2:12:55 PM EDT
[#14]
Why does Beretta not support its legacy guns? Have seen this before and it drives me crazy, a profit center for them for little cost. Yeah, I want one.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top